Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1656
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #16551
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 7,140
Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
So I figured I'd get involved in this thread. I've been avoiding it. Because I hate joining a thread after it starts and not reading every post from the beginning. I'll make an exception here though. So I haven't read a single post in this thread. Here's my contribution for a photo, though.

It is my Commander In Chief challenge coin, given to me by President Dubya.

Attachment 116996

Attachment 116995
What was the occasion?
__________________
Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #16552
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

I changed my avatar just for you.
Thank you. You reminded me that young meat is more tender...
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #16553
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,474
Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
guess I have to add a 'winter' pic. brrrrrr

A view out my kitchen window.
KG7IL,
Very nice winter shot,love those mountains
MOshooter is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #16554
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 439
Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drauka

LOL...I know thats right! They were giving me the stink eye, so I didnt want to press my luck. I think the only reason they didnt walk over when I stopped was that I drive a titanium Charger, and it kinda looks 'cop-ish'. Had I stayed too long, they may have anyway...I think I was stationary for about 2 minutes.

I live in Jasper, I was taking advantage of Gander Mountain having 450 rounds of MagTech 9mm on sale for $139 (breaks down $15.55 a 50 pack, and their Blazer was running $17 for 50). They also had Blazer 350rnd boxes for $119 I think....and they were fully stocked in the 50rnd boxes too, just FYI.
Amazing that Gander would have good prices on ammo cause they are usually really proud of it. Academy has better prices most of the time.
rickster is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #16555
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,898
Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default Alaskan Panorama...

Alaskan Panorama beside Seward Highway...
ak-nearturnagain-arm-b-6-05.jpg  
johnr1943 is offline  
5
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #16556
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

What was the occasion?
President Bush was he keynote speaker at an event my dad was putting in in Cincinnati. I was home from boot camp and went to the event. (I'm not from Cincinnati but went for the event). I decided to wear my Dress Blues. I was offered a seat in the front row. I took it. It happened to be on the far end. After the president was done speaking he stepped down and shook everyone's hand in the front row. He came to me last and spent a little longer with me (I was the only one in uniform). We snapped pictures together, and he shook my hand and talked to me for a few minutes. When he shook my hand he handed me the coin.

This was back in 2008, by the way. So it was at the end of his presidency.

It was pretty neat.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
5
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #16557
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 24,852
Liked 8449 Times on 5050 Posts
Likes Given: 11009

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
So I figured I'd get involved in this thread. I've been avoiding it. Because I hate joining a thread after it starts and not reading every post from the beginning. I'll make an exception here though. So I haven't read a single post in this thread. Here's my contribution for a photo, though.

It is my Commander In Chief challenge coin, given to me by President Dubya.

Attachment 116996

Attachment 116995
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
President Bush was he keynote speaker at an event my dad was putting in in Cincinnati. I was home from boot camp and went to the event. (I'm not from Cincinnati but went for the event). I decided to wear my Dress Blues. I was offered a seat in the front row. I took it. It happened to be on the far end. After the president was done speaking he stepped down and shook everyone's hand in the front row. He came to me last and spent a little longer with me (I was the only one in uniform). We snapped pictures together, and he shook my hand and talked to me for a few minutes. When he shook my hand he handed me the coin.

This was back in 2008, by the way. So it was at the end of his presidency.

It was pretty neat.
That is a great story. I'll be you looked great in your dress blues. Challenge coins interest me and I'd like to know more about them. Maybe I'll start a thread..........
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #16558
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Northeast San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,714
Liked 807 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

I love challenge coins most of mine are in a display case packed with some household goods still in ny but I have like 3 here that I carry 1 from my division commander Gen. Odierno 1 from chief of staff of the navy for a joint exercise and 1 from my battalion cmdr LTC Allen West who is also a former FL congressman. Those are my favorites I always liked challenge coins more than getting an aam or other award because they are more unique and personal
__________________
this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.
seancslaughter is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #16559
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

That is a great story. I'll be you looked great in your dress blues. Challenge coins interest me and I'd like to know more about them. Maybe I'll start a thread..........
Thanks Winds.

There's already a thread, only a couple months old. But if you want a new thread, of course that's up to you.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/challenge-coins-does-anyone-collect-trade-them-92701/
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #16560
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Threetango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: South Carolina, a gun friendly state.
Posts: 3,109
Liked 5852 Times on 2029 Posts
Likes Given: 1704

Default

Here's a few CC's from my times with some "Foul Dudes".

__________________
NSDQ

Like it or not, when the chips are down and lives are at stake, an armed citizen can be the "first responder." People who donít like guns invariably rely on people who have guns when their lives are in danger.
__________________
Threetango is online now  
4
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Photo op scares thousands in NYC skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 23 05-09-2009 06:22 PM
family photo... supergus The Club House 6 07-06-2008 09:34 PM
Family photo. BLS33 General Rifle Discussion 11 07-05-2007 12:11 AM