Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #16291
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

That would be awesome to get the land back in the family. Has the mining operation affected that land at all?
Oh yeah. Big time. But they do a great job in restoring it. The people who do the restoration are in the same boat as everyone else: the land was taken from them with very little choice, and they want it back. So they spare no expense, and it's actually being restored to better conditions than it was originally in. Sci-fi style terraforming, if you will. They're trying to build a natural utopia, in perfect order to be sparsely inhabited by "colonists".

Old 08-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #16292
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7809 Times on 4509 Posts
Likes Given: 10055

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Oh yeah. Big time. But they do a great job in restoring it. The people who do the restoration are in the same boat as everyone else: the land was taken from them with very little choice, and they want it back. So they spare no expense, and it's actually being restored to better conditions than it was originally in. Sci-fi style terraforming, if you will. They're trying to build a natural utopia, in perfect order to be sparsely inhabited by "colonists".
What state is this in?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #16293

Quote:

What state is this in?
Mississippi. Out in the sticks, within day trip distance of Starkville and MSU.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #16294

Quote:
Mississippi. Out in the sticks, within day trip distance of Starkville and MSU.
If you have any say in the matter tell them to plant as many chestnuts as they can get their hands on. They have developed a strain of American Chestnut hybrids that are resistant to blight, and they are looking for places to plant them in large numbers. http://www.acf.org/

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 08-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #16295

I have no say, and I'm not sure my parents do either. I don't think the people in charge of the restoration have very much say in what trees are planted, but they do have leeway in creating lakes and streams and wetlands, and some leeway in how many trees. They plant mostly pines, but with several other deciduous trees thrown in, oaks, hickory, pecans (hickory family), and an extreme few Sycamores (my personal favorite. I want a house on a hill completely surrounded by Sycamores).

I believe they have a set list of what they can plant, and a ratio they have to follow, and I'm sure they have a minimum number they have to plant per acre.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #16296

Quote:
I have no say, and I'm not sure my parents do either. I don't think the people in charge of the restoration have very much say in what trees are planted, but they do have leeway in creating lakes and streams and wetlands, and some leeway in how many trees. They plant mostly pines, but with several other deciduous trees thrown in, oaks, hickory, pecans (hickory family), and an extreme few Sycamores (my personal favorite. I want a house on a hill completely surrounded by Sycamores).

I believe they have a set list of what they can plant, and a ratio they have to follow, and I'm sure they have a minimum number they have to plant per acre.
Well, if it ends up back in the family I would totally plant a forest of chestnuts. Sycamores are real nice, but the chestnut is in my opinion superior in many ways, one of which is it produces tons of food! Great forage for wildlife and it is also a seriously lucrative cash crop that requires little care.

Quote:

Old 08-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #16297

Quote:

Well, if it ends up back in the family I would totally plant a forest of chestnuts. Sycamores are real nice, but the chestnut is in my opinion superior in many ways, one of which is it produces tons of food! Great forage for wildlife and it is also a seriously lucrative cash crop that requires little care.
I'll be sure to mention that. Pine is a big crop in that area, but the lumber industry there took a huge hit.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #16298

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

Toyota sells a version of tha tacoma called a hilux. Its got a small diesel engine but u.it isn't offered in america. I own a 2010 f150 with a 5.4 v8. It gets the exact same mileage yhat the 2006 tacoma I traded for it got....... its a no brainer!!! Ford was talking about putting a small diesel in the f150. I would buy that.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #16299

Jeep was talking about a gladiator. Small pickup that looks like a wrangler, packing a 4 cylinder turbo Cummins.. back in 03. Never went to market.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #16300

Liked 25 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 11

My marlin rifles I let you to play yesterday
Closed Thread