Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1627
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 01:34 AM   #16261
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3375 Times on 1881 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post

i am really liking that black Pontiac GTO! sweet looking car!
I love GTOs I think there were about ten there today.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #16262
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I love GTOs I think there were about ten there today.
Pontiacs are my favorite GM car line. i have owned more Pontiacs than any other GM made vehicle. probably well over 20 something Pontiacs over the years. the GTO's are right under my favorite the Trans Am's.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #16263

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Is Pontiac discontinued, or just Buick? Hell, is Buick discontinued, or is that Oldsmobile? GM has and has had so many lines, I can't keep them straight.

Ford had "Ford, Lincoln, Mercury", and Mazda, land rover, and jag. They've sold land rover and jag to my knowledge, and discontinued Mercury didn't they?

And doesn't GM have some partnership or ownership in Isuzu? The little Isuzu truck is identical to the Colorado/canyon (they need to discontinue that piece of ****, if they haven't already. Ranger, S10, and Dakota need to come back)

Old 08-25-2013, 02:06 AM   #16264
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 315 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Cj, you're in ky right?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #16265

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Is Pontiac discontinued, or just Buick? Hell, is Buick discontinued, or is that Oldsmobile? GM has and has had so many lines, I can't keep them straight.

Ford had "Ford, Lincoln, Mercury", and Mazda, land rover, and jag. They've sold land rover and jag to my knowledge, and discontinued Mercury didn't they?

And doesn't GM have some partnership or ownership in Isuzu? The little Isuzu truck is identical to the Colorado/canyon (they need to discontinue that piece of ****, if they haven't already. Ranger, S10, and Dakota need to come back)
Pontiac went out in 2010. Oldsmobile went out in 2004. Mercury went in 2011. Buick is still going and is the intermediate luxury car line under the Cadillac line and above the Chevrolet line.

the Colorado/Canyon ended up taking the place of the S-10 and S-15 lineof trucks. i agree, pure junk and i wouldn't own one on a bet.

Chevrolet had or has had an involvement with Isuzu for many years. Isuzu built the Chevy Luv trucks for them for many years until GM brought out the S-10 and S-15 line of trucks and SUV's out in the early 80's IIRC.

the Ford Ranger went out last year. not for sure what they plan on being it's replacement. but it was a very successful truck line for many years. i have owned a few of them and they are a dang good little truck. sad to see it gone.

the last of the Dodge Dakotas rolled off in late 2011. so far no plans on a replacement for it either. another good truck platform that was very successful and another i am sad to see go south.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:45 AM   #16266

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

GM dropped Oldsmobile and Pontiac. Ford dropped mercury but kept Lincoln.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:48 AM   #16267

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Having worked for dodge, I was told that the foreign market basically just spanked our asses on the compact trucks. Which I find interesting, considering the foreign compact trucks are getting bigger and biggerer... the tundra used to be smaller than an F150, about halfway between it and the ranger... yet now, by sheer size alone (not knowing all the power and capacity specs), it's about the same size a as a 3/4 ton truck.

It was never intended as a compact truck to my knowledge though. Yet the tacoma is also growing. And it WAS intended for the compact truck market. Now it's sized similarly to a half ton truck.

On another note, since this is the pics thread, someone tell me what's wrong with this statement.

forumrunner_20130824_214817.jpg

Old 08-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #16268
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8463 Times on 4903 Posts
Likes Given: 11028

I really lament the loss of the mini-truck from the lineup altogether. The Ranger was the last of that breed, and a very necessary option for many truck owners. Currently I drive a Nissan Frontier (now that is a POS!!) when I am not needing my Super Duty. I inherited the Nissan from my father-in-law, and I desperately wish he had listened to me and bought a Ranger instead. Oh well, no good looking a gift horse in the mouth.

My dream truck right now is the 1998-2002 Ford ranger EV. I would love to get one of those!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-25-2013, 02:55 AM   #16269
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8463 Times on 4903 Posts
Likes Given: 11028

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Having worked for dodge, I was told that the foreign market basically just spanked our asses on the compact trucks. Which I find interesting, considering the foreign compact trucks are getting bigger and biggerer... the tundra used to be smaller than an F150, about halfway between it and the ranger... yet now, by sheer size alone (not knowing all the power and capacity specs), it's about the same size a as a 3/4 ton truck.

It was never intended as a compact truck to my knowledge though. Yet the tacoma is also growing. And it WAS intended for the compact truck market. Now it's sized similarly to a half ton truck.

On another note, since this is the pics thread, someone tell me what's wrong with this statement.

Attachment 115565
Wow. "2.3 million Americans killed by assault rifles every day."

That's a significant number. I figure that the entire United States population would be wiped completely out in just 20 weeks!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 08-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #16270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I really lament the loss of the mini-truck from the lineup altogether. The Ranger was the last of that breed, and a very necessary option for many truck owners. Currently I drive a Nissan Frontier (now that is a POS!!) when I am not needing my Super Duty. I inherited the Nissan from my father-in-law, and I desperately wish he had listened to me and bought a Ranger instead. Oh well, no good looking a gift horse in the mouth.

My dream truck right now is the 1998-2002 Ford ranger EV. I would love to get one of those!
i am partial to the 1989-1992 versions of the Ford Ranger. great trucks.

Closed Thread