Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1625
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #16241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Now who the hell wants to get close enough to get that good of a look into a snakes eyes? Screw that. There's enough of them that they're not going to go extinct if someone kills a couple that show up in the yard.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #16242
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Now who the hell wants to get close enough to get that good of a look into a snakes eyes? Screw that. There's enough of them that they're not going to go extinct if someone kills a couple that show up in the yard.
even the non-poisonous ones can cause me to hurt myself getting out the way!
Old 08-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #16243
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman400 View Post
One way to tell is to look at the pupil in the snake's eye. If it is round like a human's, it is non venemous. If it is catlike or a slitted looking pupil, then it is venemous. There is only one exception known to this rule. The deadly Coral snake has a round pupil, but is still venemous and quite deadly.

There is a milk or corn snake that looks a lot like a Coral snake. Here is a rhyme to tell the difference between the two by looking at the colored rings. "Red next to black, friend to Jack. Red next to yellow will kill a fellow."
I have found from experience that when your boot is about to come down on one of those, that little rhyme ain't going to do you one bit of good.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #16244

Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I have always liked rattle snakes, they really are polite critters. If he notices you before you notice him he'll let you know he's there.

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #16245
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7441 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 15314

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind
I have always liked rattle snakes...
I like them fried with a lot of salt and pepper.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 08-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #16246
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1738 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman400

One way to tell is to look at the pupil in the snake's eye. If it is round like a human's, it is non venemous. If it is catlike or a slitted looking pupil, then it is venemous. There is only one exception known to this rule. The deadly Coral snake has a round pupil, but is still venemous and quite deadly.

There is a milk or corn snake that looks a lot like a Coral snake. Here is a rhyme to tell the difference between the two by looking at the colored rings. "Red next to black, friend to Jack. Red next to yellow will kill a fellow."
Hard to see the pupil of there eye when there head is crushed!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #16247
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Do you know the name of that Frank Lloyd Wright house? We have several of them here in Illinois and Southern Wisconsin. They are BEAUTIFUL homes, indeed. When I was quite young, my Mom and I would drive around and pass as many FLW homes as we could. My Mom absolutely loved his designs.
We call it Hill House here locally, or the Flying Saucer House. On the back side facing west it just out of the hilltop, looking like a UFO imbedded itself into the hillside. I'll see if I can get a pic of it, couldn't find one in my search. There is another one just below, but it is not as unique. I have toured the latter one when it was for sale awhile ago. Wright himself worked on that one, but not on Hill House from what I understand. The one I toured was actually something of a wreck, the concrete slab floor was cracked and uneven causing the floor heating system to fail, same with the walls. The passive solar room was full of spider webs because it was difficult to get into (probably to keep it sealed up for efficiency).

There are a few other notable FLW houses around here, one is Honeycomb House (total absence of right angles anywhere in the house) on Stanford, and there are a couple at Pebble Beach that I have seen.

I love Wright's designs and his vision, but he had some real problems with practical application of structural concepts.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #16248

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Bought an AR from a guy at the range today for a whopping $700.

image-3040723700.jpg

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

People Like This 
Old 08-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #16249
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Bought an AR from a guy at the range today for a whopping $700.

Attachment 115515
Details please.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #16250
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4837 Times on 1653 Posts
Likes Given: 1460

Default Shining Snake

Put another coat of "Zaino" show car polish on the Snake this afternoon.

NSDQ

Closed Thread