Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1624
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #16231
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 841 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

Yeah it looks a bit to much.. any commercial loads to compare side by side?
Yeah. I was wondering about that. It doesn't seen to have a middle ground though. It's crimped too much or not enough and the bullet spins in the case.
It my first time through with hand gun loads so I'm still learning... From trial and error for the most part.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #16232
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind
The view from my front yard at sunset and the backyard during a monsoon.
Pretty! where is that? Looks like HIGH desert were we live...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #16233

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
First 9mm reloads. Last I'm doing before I try them out
Those look more like .357 Sigs than 9mm.

That a VERY hefty crimp. Might be enough to cause over pressure. Some bullet seating dies put a small crimp on the cartridge, so that some loaders skip the "crimp" or fourth die altogether.

I use a Lee die set with a crimp die, but I have NEVER seen that much of a crimp on a 9mm before.

Careful.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #16234

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

Pretty! where is that? Looks like HIGH desert were we live...
17 miles west of Tucson AZ near a town called Three Points. I am down a couple of miles of dirt road so in SHTF situation we won't be getting many raiders.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 08-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #16235
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1044 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind

17 miles west of Tucson AZ near a town called Three Points. I am down a couple of miles of dirt road so in SHTF situation we won't be getting many raiders.
What's that address again? If SHTF I gotta know where to find some safety! LOL

Old 08-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #16236

Liked 314 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74 View Post

What's that address again? If SHTF I gotta know where to find some safety! LOL
Lol. I choose that plot for its remote location yet it's still close enough to town..
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 08-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #16237

Liked 421 Times on 262 Posts
Likes Given: 6

and people think it's always cold in North Dakota....this taken was Tuesday after work, today is supposed to be about the same.
071103_1818-00-.jpg  

Old 08-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #16238

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
Yeah. I was wondering about that. It doesn't seen to have a middle ground though. It's crimped too much or not enough and the bullet spins in the case.
It my first time through with hand gun loads so I'm still learning... From trial and error for the most part.
I agree your taper crimp looks way tight,a normal taper crimp should be so slight that you can't hardly tell it's taper crimped.

What i've found that works pretty good for me for setting up the press and seating die for a taper crimp.

I start out with the die body raised high enough in the press that it will not taper crimp,lower the bullet seater and adjust until you get the correct COL cartridge overall length.
Once you achieve the correct COL,now screw the seater all the way up. Now slowly start lowering your die body down until you achieve the correct taper crimp.
Once you have your taper crimp adjusted while the cartridge is still in the press,now lower your seater back on that cartridge...

You have just properly adjusted your die and press for the correct COL and taper crimp.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #16239

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
yeah I figured it out but a little late for the snake. Oh well, any snake in my yard ad my stupid dog is likely to play with it. Plus the only pests we have are those pesky squirrels and that snake needs to grow quite a bit before he could attempt that.
One way to tell is to look at the pupil in the snake's eye. If it is round like a human's, it is non venemous. If it is catlike or a slitted looking pupil, then it is venemous. There is only one exception known to this rule. The deadly Coral snake has a round pupil, but is still venemous and quite deadly.

There is a milk or corn snake that looks a lot like a Coral snake. Here is a rhyme to tell the difference between the two by looking at the colored rings. "Red next to black, friend to Jack. Red next to yellow will kill a fellow."

Last edited by ScottA; 08-24-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #16240
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8503 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 11122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I get them in the tractor sheds, never in the house. Lots of the neighbors get 'em in their houses though, but usually they don't get past the garage.

There's one house a little north of me that is built into the hillside (its actually a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house) where there are cracks that the snakes can get inside. I know a gal who was cleaning that house every week and she would sweep baby rattlers outside frequently.

You just gotta show 'em who the boss is!
Do you know the name of that Frank Lloyd Wright house? We have several of them here in Illinois and Southern Wisconsin. They are BEAUTIFUL homes, indeed. When I was quite young, my Mom and I would drive around and pass as many FLW homes as we could. My Mom absolutely loved his designs.

Closed Thread