Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1600
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #15991
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

Is it a hobby or an addiction? There's a couple more holsters elsewhere.
The two sideways ones didn't work as well as intended.
Thats not an addiction! Thats a feeling of enjoyment of proper leather!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #15992

Liked 699 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 1107

A burned area of Yellowstone making a comeback.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #15993

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
They are everywhere.

LOL
Threetango those Beavers are loose everywhere? haha
Old 08-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #15994

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
This was on my porch this morning. I can't figure out if its a moth or fly. Can anyone identify?

Attachment 113547

Attachment 113548
I haven't seen very many this cycle so far?,just a few although in the warm afternoons they get a bit loud.

The last time they showed up they were thick!! I remember mowing around some pine trees we planted,the cicadas were so thick mowing near the larger pines you would be covered with dozen or so cicadas. While mowing on the rider swatting cicadas I lost control,mowed over a pine sapling?

Some people actually eat cicada???
I'm not eating any of them,but they do make great fishing bait though! lol

Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #15995
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 283 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Damn! Now what?
It's a good thing Beagles don't read signs. I'd have let him leave a hot n steamy response. Preferably, right under the sign.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #15996
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1337 Times on 908 Posts
Likes Given: 1429

Grandma wore her out...............

001.jpg  

When all else fails.

MOshooter Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #15997

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Or Two??!!! How do you like the Saiga? I bought the Catamount Fury...(same AK pattern & Mags but no Drum yet...)
I have since sold both Saigas. I bought the first one back in 2006, then another a couple years later, then lovingly converted, bought stock in the Wraithmaker drum, and then later the MD-20 drum, both before they were even a reality. It was well over a year from the time I paid, to the time the drums came. I put years of work, passion and excitement into the Saigas, drums and mags. I liked them for what they were. And I had a ball with them! To me though, if I'm being brutally honest, I found that they were never 100% reliable. In a SHTF I would grab an AK, my Mossberg or one of my XDs. Not saying that some aren't 100%. Just that even with a "reliability" servicing on one of mine by professionals and stuff I did myself, I could never get mine to a complete 100%. I know I am being overly critical, but I would rather be completely honest on something someone may use for HD or SD. But, still I'm glad for the time and years I spent messing with them. I had lots of fun and ended up with two very nice specimens, before needy times became more important than hanging on to them. Good luck with yours. They are fun!

Here they were:

"No one knows what it's like to be the badman"...-The Who

Old 08-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #15998

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 147

many of you may have seen this...but this is an actual sticker on a Shlotzky's deli in Little Rock, AR

img_0531.jpg  

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

People Like This 
Old 08-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #15999
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman400

I have since sold both Saigas. I bought the first one back in 2006, then another a couple years later, then lovingly converted, bought stock in the Wraithmaker drum, and then later the MD-20 drum, both before they were even a reality. It was well over a year from the time I paid, to the time the drums came. I put years of work, passion and excitement into the Saigas, drums and mags. I liked them for what they were. And I had a ball with them! To me though, if I'm being brutally honest, I found that they were never 100% reliable. In a SHTF I would grab an AK, my Mossberg or one of my XDs. Not saying that some aren't 100%. Just that even with a "reliability" servicing on one of mine by professionals and stuff I did myself, I could never get mine to a complete 100%. I know I am being overly critical, but I would rather be completely honest on something someone may use for HD or SD. But, still I'm glad for the time and years I spent messing with them. I had lots of fun and ended up with two very nice specimens, before needy times became more important than hanging on to them. Good luck with yours. They are fun!

Here they were:

The Catamount has had no issues so far with about 80 rounds through it. I have no drum tho as of yet. They make 5 & 10 shot mags., I bought 2 extra 5's(2 came with it) and 3 10's for a total of 50 rounds. The Sales guy told me they are the top seller of Catamounts in the western US, so they expect the Drums later this year. I may get the Saiga .410 for the Wife as she LOVES her .410 Rossi Revolving Carbine(also shoots 45LC)....Barely feel the Magnum slugs or Heavy Buck loads between the Gas op. system & the heavy recoil pad, even hit some water jugs at 25 yards from the hip. Funny thing,..none of the PD in the larger town next to us bother us(when we shoot the side of the Mtn. we are actually in the other town,..not ours), and that Sat. Night I HAD to shoot it, so we stopped on the way home. Sure enough,..the On Duty Sgt. comes rolling up,...and who should it be but the guy i'm friendly with, who's wife's Uncle owns the only good Pizza Place in town(Good because he's from the same part of Long Island as my Wife) after some small talk he asks about the Shotguns,..so I let him have a look see. He asks to shoot a few rounds, and since My wife & I are Probationary Az. Rangers and I may need a favor one day, I gladly offer him a full 10 rd. Mag. of alternating Buck & slug, and we set up a few Targets...Too Bad "Richie" isn't too good with it at 25 Yds!! He hit 2 out of 10!!! So i told him one day if he wants and can spare the time he can come and practice with me, like i'm such a great combat shotgunner!! Please,.I Was a Pilot for Gd sakes!! I was Good with my pistols and Decent enough with my MAC-10 once I got it....but i'm no shotgun expert...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #16000
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Hard to tell, but this is the first day of ice for the winter on the river:

Closed Thread