Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1495
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #14941
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,085
Liked 2055 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 2240

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i prefer mesquite for smoking, but it's hard to get huge amounts here where i live. nut bearing trees and fruitwoods are good for smoking, but again are hard to find here. i use a lot of hickory and oak for my smoker. when i do smoke meats, i use a lot of wood! i sometimes run my smoker for more than twelve hours at a time.
Sounds like my son-in-law. Awesome barbecue cook.
__________________

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Balota is offline  
 
Old 07-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #14942
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Sounds like my son-in-law. Awesome barbecue cook.
Balota, outside cooking is one of my hobbies. i enjoy it quite a bit. i also like to make my own smokers and grilles.

my smoker is made from a 60 gallon hydraulic tank. the firebox is made from an air tank from a Mack truck. the stand is made from some old metal dining chairs, and the smoke stack is from an exhaust pipe. the only items i bought were the hinges, the thermometers and the strap metal for the lids. the lid holders are big truck spring U-bolts. took me about six months working in the evenings when i got home.

my grille is made from a water heater. it only took me about a week to build.

i have a refridgerator on the back porch to keep the meats in while marinating and so they are closer to the grille and smoker. i also use it to keep my sauces and spices in as well, plus beer when i want some.
smoker-grille-002.jpg   smoker-grille-006.jpg   smoker-grille-009.jpg   smoker-grille-013.jpg   smoker-grille-016.jpg  

__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Old 07-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #14943
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,885
Liked 2235 Times on 1207 Posts
Likes Given: 806

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Then you didn't go to the right place. Lou Malnati, Gino's East.
Lou Malnati's for thin crust and Gino's for stuffed.

YUMMM
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Old 07-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #14944
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,070
Liked 3319 Times on 2250 Posts
Likes Given: 709

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Balota, outside cooking is one of my hobbies. i enjoy it quite a bit. i also like to make my own smokers and grilles.

my smoker is made from a 60 gallon hydraulic tank. the firebox is made from an air tank from a Mack truck. the stand is made from some old metal dining chairs, and the smoke stack is from an exhaust pipe. the only items i bought were the hinges, the thermometers and the strap metal for the lids. the lid holders are big truck spring U-bolts. took me about six months working in the evenings when i got home.

my grille is made from a water heater. it only took me about a week to build.

i have a refridgerator on the back porch to keep the meats in while marinating and so they are closer to the grille and smoker. i also use it to keep my sauces and spices in as well, plus beer when i want some.
Wow Axxe! And here I Thought I was The King of BBQ with my Char-Broil Dual Barrel & My baby Weber!!! I gave up on Gas Grills when my last Char-Broil Quik-Set burned itself down after 5 years of "almost every weekend" use and 4 LI N.Y. winters on my back deck. Also have a George Forman Indoor/Outdoor Electric on a Stand...and a Turkey Fryer too!(makes Great Fried Turkey Breasts!!!) also have an Indoor "Grill Plate" Next to my Kitchen Range....
When we used to TailGate @ the Meadowlands (if I wasn't credentialed for that game) we had a Weber Q we put in the Trunk of our then-2001 Pontiac Grand AM-GTX...But i now "lower my head" in respect of your Grilling Expertise!!!!
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #14945
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Wow Axxe! And here I Thought I was The King of BBQ with my Char-Broil Dual Barrel & My baby Weber!!! I gave up on Gas Grills when my last Char-Broil Quik-Set burned itself down after 5 years of "almost every weekend" use and 4 LI N.Y. winters on my back deck. Also have a George Forman Indoor/Outdoor Electric on a Stand...and a Turkey Fryer too!(makes Great Fried Turkey Breasts!!!) also have an Indoor "Grill Plate" Next to my Kitchen Range....
When we used to TailGate @ the Meadowlands (if I wasn't credentialed for that game) we had a Weber Q we put in the Trunk of our then-2001 Pontiac Grand AM-GTX...But i now "lower my head" in respect of your Grilling Expertise!!!!
thank you! much appreciated. but i am no expert, just like to mix different hobbies! i like to build things and i wanted another one to replace the one i had custom made, that my ex-wife got in the divorce! i enjoy outdoor cooking and is one thing that gives me much enjoyment. i have learned a lot over the years but i am still learning. i do smoke a mean turkey on that smoker. i do about 3-4 at Thanksgiving and 2-3 at Christmas for family members. i do have a gas grille and a gas deep fryer too. my next project, (maybe this fall) is a brick grille and smoker. i'm still working on the design.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 07-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #14946
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,341
Liked 7404 Times on 4451 Posts
Likes Given: 9165

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i prefer mesquite for smoking, but it's hard to get huge amounts here where i live. nut bearing trees and fruitwoods are good for smoking, but again are hard to find here. i use a lot of hickory and oak for my smoker. when i do smoke meats, i use a lot of wood! i sometimes run my smoker for more than twelve hours at a time.
Axxe, today I am finishing putting together my charcoal smoker. I'll be contacting you for advice on how to use it. It's intimidating to me and I don't want to buy an expensive piece of meat only to ruin it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Lou Malnati's for thin crust and Gino's for stuffed.

YUMMM
Are you insane? Lou Malnati's has the best stuffed pizza in the world!!!
Now I'm jonesing. Gino's isn't bad, either but Lou's is my dream pizza.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #14947
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,735
Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Axxe, today I am finishing putting together my charcoal smoker. I'll be contacting you for advice on how to use it. It's intimidating to me and I don't want to buy an expensive piece of meat only to ruin it.



Are you insane? Lou Malnati's has the best stuffed pizza in the world!!!
Now I'm jonesing. Gino's isn't bad, either but Lou's is my dream pizza.
Winds, i'd be glad to help you out with the smoker. how about lets start a dedicated thread so we don't clutter up these other threads.

i am no expert, but i have learned few things over the years and it's one of hobbies. outdoor cooking is something i enjoy very much.
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
 
Old 07-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #14948
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1turkeyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 479
Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

Default

New custom holster for my 460xvr



image-2283663184.jpg



image-1556682130.jpg



image-1862507124.jpg



image-1743053807.jpg



image-1228282039.jpg

__________________
1turkeyhunter is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 07-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #14949
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stratrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 1,591
Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
Man, that is BA! Can you post a pic or two of it unholstered? Thanks in advance.
__________________
stratrider is offline  
 
Old 07-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #14950
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1turkeyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 479
Liked 262 Times on 166 Posts

Default

Thanks! Ive posted before but here's one! Gonna take it out to see about getting better pics!


image-3030385027.jpg

__________________
1turkeyhunter is offline  
3
People Like This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Photo op scares thousands in NYC skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 23 05-09-2009 06:22 PM
family photo... supergus The Club House 6 07-06-2008 09:34 PM
Family photo. BLS33 General Rifle Discussion 11 07-05-2007 12:11 AM