Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1463
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #14621
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KJG67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,428
Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
Way to go Hernandez

So Gronkowski is out and Hernandez is out ...... I am guessing Tebow is our new tight end
Could be worse. He could be your QB.
__________________

.
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

KJG67 is offline  
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #14622
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,589
Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Default

Haha maybe they should try Brady at TE?!

__________________
rurak is offline  
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #14623
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,917
Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Some kind of fighter jet at Hill Airforce Base, Utah






It is a Curtis P-40 Warhawk. It was the US primary fighter at the beginning of WW2. It is probably best known for being the most recognized fighter flown by the American Volunteer Group (AVG) Flying Tigers in China before the US entered WW2. It was, however, obsolete compared to the fighters the Germans and Japanese were fielding at the time. But because it was cheap and proven, a ton of them were built and shipped all over the world.

It is, in my opinion, one of the "prettiest" of the old fighters. It just looks like what a fighter is supposed to be.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
6
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #14624
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
beaglesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 2,015
Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
It is a Curtis P-40 Warhawk. It was the US primary fighter at the beginning of WW2. It is probably best known for being the most recognized fighter flown by the American Volunteer Group (AVG) Flying Tigers in China before the US entered WW2. It was, however, obsolete compared to the fighters the Germans and Japanese were fielding at the time. But because it was cheap and proven, a ton of them were built and shipped all over the world.

It is, in my opinion, one of the "prettiest" of the old fighters. It just looks like what a fighter is supposed to be.
There is one in the United States Air Force Museum at Wright Paterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio.
031230-f-1234p-064.jpg  
__________________

Last edited by beaglesam; 06-27-2013 at 01:42 PM.
beaglesam is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #14625
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,917
Liked 2271 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 821

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
There is one in the United States Air Force Museum at Wright Paterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio.
One of the four great holy places all pilots must visit sometime in their life.

USAF Museum at Wright-Pat
The Air & Space Museum at the Smithsonian
Kitty Hawk, NC
The EAA Convention at Oshkosh, WI
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #14626
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
beaglesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 2,015
Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
One of the four great holy places all pilots must visit sometime in their life.

USAF Museum at Wright-Pat
The Air & Space Museum at the Smithsonian
Kitty Hawk, NC
The EAA Convention at Oshkosh, WI
I live about ten minutes from Wright-Pat. I visit the museum two or three times a year.
__________________
beaglesam is offline  
ScottA Likes This 
Old 06-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #14627
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheoldTexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Albuquerque,New Mexico
Posts: 11
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Colt Clone

This is a Sauer & Sohn .357 Colt Clone SSA. It was made in West Germany in the 1960's. What do you think. I hope the picture uploads.

6-gun-.357.jpg  
__________________

Frank (The Old Texan) Haley cjf

My life's verse: Isa. 9:6

and

My "getting through the day" saying:

"When the sunshine of God's love meets the showers of our sorrow, the rainbow of promise appears."

TheoldTexan is offline  
tri70 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #14628
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TruggieTex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rural Virginia
Posts: 1,391
Liked 1003 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 413

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoldTexan
This is a Sauer & Sohn .357 Colt Clone SSA. It was made in West Germany in the 1960's. What do you think. I hope the picture uploads.
That is quite nice!
How does she shoot?
__________________

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

TruggieTex is offline  
 
Old 06-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #14629
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,114
Liked 3358 Times on 2272 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam

There is one in the United States Air Force Museum at Wright Paterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio.
There are several In Museums all over the US. one at the smithsonian Air museum In Dulles, VA. & another at the museum I worked at for about a yr after retiring from Teaching,..at the American Airpower Museum, L.I. NY
__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
 
Old 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #14630
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CourtJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South of the thumb
Posts: 2,841
Liked 750 Times on 402 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
Way to go Hernandez

So Gronkowski is out and Hernandez is out ...... I am guessing Tebow is our new tight end
He's a rock start...
__________________

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

CourtJester is offline  
dango Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Photo op scares thousands in NYC skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 23 05-09-2009 07:22 PM
family photo... supergus The Club House 6 07-06-2008 10:34 PM
Family photo. BLS33 General Rifle Discussion 11 07-05-2007 01:11 AM