Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #14201
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1033 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989
In other news I took some pictures.
Beautiful is that at your house?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #14202
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2998 Times on 1672 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

It's not a work truck, it's a play truck meant for on road fun. It's basically the truck form of a muscle car.

On the spoiler, my moms Silverado's rear end would start wanting to lift off the ground when it got close to 100 mph. I'm guessing the spoiler is a good thing if you decide to push the SRT10 to 150+ mph.

That, and it doesn't look half bad to me.
That's an insult to muscle cars everywhere. :P I think you're missing the point. Trucks are built for work, that's their purpose in life. Damn engineers can't even build a real truck anymore... Spoiler... On a truck... Who would even... Some people's children...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

stratrider Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #14203
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawjr74 View Post

Beautiful is that at your house?
Went and did some off roading, in my truck because that's what trucks are for, in the mountains just east of where I live. It was a lot of fun and gorgeous today.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:16 AM   #14204

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

Went and did some off roading, in my truck because that's what trucks are for, in the mountains just east of where I live. It was a lot of fun and gorgeous today.
Where's all the guys?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:19 AM   #14205
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Where's all the guys?
I didn't know I was supposed to take pictures of them... I thought the mountains were more fun to look at

People Like This 
Old 06-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #14206
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7742 Times on 4472 Posts
Likes Given: 9991

Fastest Honda I have driven is the NSX (OK, its an Acura here in the US, but its still a Honda). Those are damned impressive supercars. I never have understood why Honda didn't maintain the model. I mean WTF? It was just about perfect. Even Gordon Murray, the designer of the McClaren F1 Supercar marveled at the NSX, much of his design was based on the car and his first choice for powering it was with a Honda engine. Unfortunately Honda declined and they went with second choice BMW power. I have had a supercharged NSX up to 120 on local roads in a heartbeat. Feels like 55 in any other car.

Speaking of feeling like you are going slow- here is a great video from Top Gear- fastest production car on the planet. 267 MPH. Still has A/C and a bad ass stereo system.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
KJG67 Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 05:22 AM   #14207
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1033 Times on 702 Posts
Likes Given: 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Fastest Honda I have driven is the NSX (OK, its an Acura here in the US, but its still a Honda). Those are damned impressive supercars. I never have understood why Honda didn't maintain the model. I mean WTF? It was just about perfect. Even Gordon Murray, the designer of the McClaren F1 Supercar marveled at the NSX, much of his design was based on the car and his first choice for powering it was with a Honda engine. Unfortunately Honda declined and they went with second choice BMW power. I have had a supercharged NSX up to 120 on local roads in a heartbeat. Feels like 55 in any other car.

Speaking of feeling like you are going slow- here is a great video from Top Gear- fastest production car on the planet. 267 MPH. Still has A/C and a bad ass stereo system.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSFX9vrwJf8
There's talk of bringing the NSX back.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #14208
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19872 Times on 11287 Posts
Likes Given: 50102

Quote:
It's not a work truck, it's a play truck meant for on road fun. It's basically the truck form of a muscle car.

On the spoiler, my moms Silverado's rear end would start wanting to lift off the ground when it got close to 100 mph. I'm guessing the spoiler is a good thing if you decide to push the SRT10 to 150+ mph.

That, and it doesn't look half bad to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That's an insult to muscle cars everywhere. :P I think you're missing the point. Trucks are built for work, that's their purpose in life. Damn engineers can't even build a real truck anymore... Spoiler... On a truck... Who would even... Some people's children...
the Dodge Ram SRT10 truck is not your normal everyday type of truck. it's a sports truck! and the wing is functional on that truck. i saw a program a couple of years ago on the SRT10 truck that they tested with and without the wing. without the wing the backend got loose at higher speeds.

and trucks have evolved over the years to the point that they now have as many or more luxury features as cars do. for over the past ten years, IIRC, trucks have been over 50% of all types of new vehicle sales. and the STR10 can still be used like a truck because it still has towing capacity of over 7000 lbs. no it's not your everyday work truck, but it's still a truck, just a very special and very fast one!
Threetango Likes This 
Old 06-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #14209

Liked 692 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 714

Quote:
It's definitely a truck. You won't see soccer moms driving an SRT10 very often.
Theres one down the street from me that does!

Old 06-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #14210

Liked 867 Times on 453 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Grand sons playing.

USMC 74-78

People Like This 
Closed Thread