Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1326
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #13251
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDaggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Solvang
Posts: 982
Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
One possible reason and it depends on the situation.
Working with some good shooters in Mogadishu who told us to shoot at the skinnies knees cause they weren't going to jump up in the air when shot at.

IT WORKED!
I saw a program about old west gunfighters where they said records suggested that a man shot in the pelvis would almost always drop whatever he was holding (in this case, a gun). They didn't know exactly why but they thought it was a tactic the gunslingers of the era may have used.
__________________
"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields
TheDaggle is offline  
 
Old 05-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #13252
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post

I saw a program about old west gunfighters where they said records suggested that a man shot in the pelvis would almost always drop whatever he was holding (in this case, a gun). They didn't know exactly why but they thought it was a tactic the gunslingers of the era may have used.
Because it fookin hurts?
When I went through military police training, we were instructed to try to deescalate a situation with a jab to the pelvis with our batons. It was demonstrated. It hurts like hell, and if you hit the bladder, you're gonna piss everywhere.

This idea about old West gun fighters, I believe it's bunk. Shootouts back then were probably much like they are now, a fast, frenzied, "oh **** I'm gonna die" event.

I think I remember reading somewhere that there actually is no recorded instance of a high noon showdown, but I could be mistaken. As well as whoever may have written such an article.
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 05-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #13253
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,474
Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
Various pics. I did all Electrical and plumbing and some of the finish carpentry. I think my 2013 knee surgery was a result of round the clocking. Glad i stuck to my guns so a car lift can function properly.
Outstanding transformation,it really turned out nice.
I built our home about 11 years ago,it was quite a job but well wort the effort.

Again Great job!
MOshooter is offline  
 
Old 05-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #13254
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
KG7IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Posts: 2,786
Liked 2021 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 6020

Default

Parker the pup (6 months old) yaks it up with Sam (6 years old) in the Smith River, CA
l1080029-1600x1408-.jpg  
KG7IL is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #13255
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Because it fookin hurts?
When I went through military police training, we were instructed to try to deescalate a situation with a jab to the pelvis with our batons. It was demonstrated. It hurts like hell, and if you hit the bladder, you're gonna piss everywhere.

This idea about old West gun fighters, I believe it's bunk. Shootouts back then were probably much like they are now, a fast, frenzied, "oh **** I'm gonna die" event.

I think I remember reading somewhere that there actually is no recorded instance of a high noon showdown, but I could be mistaken. As well as whoever may have written such an article.
I think there was maybe one shootout that played out like it does in Hollywood. The rest were just as you described. Shoot and run.

I think the high noon shootout may of happened in Dodge City (Wyatt Earp???).

It's been a long time since I heard about it, so I may be wrong.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 05-21-2013 at 02:02 AM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Old 05-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #13256
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

I think there was maybe one shootout that played out like it does in Hollywood. The rest were just as you described. Shoot and run.

I think the high noon shootout may of happened in Dodge City (Wyatt Earp???).

It's been a long time since I heard about it, so I may be wrong.
This is the only one I've found, SO FAR, that reads like a Hollywood script. And even then, it was almost a gun and run situation.

http://www.skyways.org/orgs/fordco/myers2.html
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 05-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #13257
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dickie3625's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 44
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

image-1819471526.jpg


My new 9mm carbine
image-750652999.jpg   image-2909832080.jpg  
dickie3625 is offline  
 
Old 05-21-2013, 03:54 AM   #13258
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I want a .45 carbine that takes 1911 mags so bad...
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #13259
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kytowboater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 7,037
Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I want a .45 carbine that takes 1911 mags so bad...
Marlin camp carbine.......
__________________
Oh dern....


Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kytowboater is offline  
 
Old 05-21-2013, 03:56 AM   #13260
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post

Marlin camp carbine.......
I know, I know... I've been told...
But, at the prices those are going for, I'd rather keep saving for my M1A.
trip286 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Photo op scares thousands in NYC skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 23 05-09-2009 06:22 PM
family photo... supergus The Club House 6 07-06-2008 09:34 PM
Family photo. BLS33 General Rifle Discussion 11 07-05-2007 12:11 AM



Newest Threads