Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1269
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 AM   #12681
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Went to the GF's family reunion about an hour from Yosemite, we couldn't NOT take the kid to the park so we swung through on the way home.

Attachment 98480

Bridal Veil Falls. The Indians believed breathing the mist from the fall was like catching the bouquet at a wedding. Explains why the little lady insisted we see that one first...

Attachment 98481

The kid backed by... Yosemite Fall? I think.

Attachment 98482

Pretty sure this is Yosemite Fall

Attachment 98483

Too crowded at the scenic platform below Bridal Veil Falls. We went down the trail a little further and took an... "alternative" trail where we could get some more space to breathe and take pics.

Attachment 98484

Our little rocky outcrop. Much closer to the base than that "official" spot.

Attachment 98485

Tasting the rainbow

Attachment 98486

The kid and the lady taking a break on a log over the river on our way down.

Attachment 98487

Another giant waterfall. They're a dime a dozen in this place.

Attachment 98488

The cost of natural beauty.
I've been to Yosemite many times in my youth. The last time was probably 20 years ago or more. My wife took a pic of me sitting on the Overhanging Rock on Glacier Point with the valley floor over 1000 yards below my feet. That is one breathtaking seat, let me tell you!

Here is one of my favorite pics of that rock (I have this pic in one of my many books on California- so you can see way I had no problem sitting on it)
glacierpoint.jpg  

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:33 AM   #12682
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I've been to Yosemite many times in my youth. The last time was probably 20 years ago or more. My wife took a pic of me sitting on the Overhanging Rock on Glacier Point with the valley floor over 1000 yards below my feet. That is one breathtaking seat, let me tell you!

Here is one of my favorite pics of that rock (I have this pic in one of my many books on California- so you can see way I had no problem sitting on it)

Added to bucket list.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 04-30-2013, 03:38 AM   #12683

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post

Added to bucket list.
That's a Studebaker if anybody is wondering.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #12684

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:

So, that's NOT you in the pic? Just making sure, because I just wouldn't have figured you to be old enough to marry in those days...

Old 04-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #12685

New project we got this past weekend.

dscn0838.jpg   dscn0839.jpg  

Quote:

Old 04-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #12686

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
New project we got this past weekend.
Wash that bronco of yours and it'll be good as new ... :O

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 04-30-2013, 04:59 AM   #12687
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7091 Times on 4268 Posts
Likes Given: 8599

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGM View Post
My vette after mods.And yardpond/money pit.
I don't know much about cars but that koi pond is incredible. Lucky you.

Quote:
I would have shipped my pants.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #12688
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

An Asian, heavy lift ship spotted at anchor, mid channel on our way in. She carries large "floaters" on her back, be it an inland drilling rig in this case, or jack-up rigs or smaller ships. The U.S.S. Cole was brought to Pascagoula, MS for repairs using a similar ship. She ballasts down (partially sinks) and the floater is brought over her deck. She is then carefully de-ballasted and, voila, there it sits for a piggy-back ride to wherever. Other than a submarine, this is the only vessel I know of that sinks on purpose, lol.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #12689

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
An Asian, heavy lift ship spotted at anchor, mid channel on our way in. She carries large "floaters" on her back, be it an inland drilling rig in this case, or jack-up rigs or smaller ships. The U.S.S. Cole was brought to Pascagoula, MS for repairs using a similar ship. She ballasts down (partially sinks) and the floater is brought over her deck. She is then carefully de-ballasted and, voila, there it sits for a piggy-back ride to wherever. Other than a submarine, this is the only vessel I know of that sinks on purpose, lol.
There are other ships, marine research ships, that will sink one end so that the ship is perpendicular to the surface. It will have about 3/4 of the ship under water, standing on end, with either the bow or stern sticking straight up. All compartments inside are designed to rotate 90° so that everything is still "up and down" instead of sideways.

I'll see if I can find an article.

Here ya go.

http://www.ship-technology.com/projects/flip-ship/
Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #12690

Liked 57 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider
Location: Libreville, Gabon, west coast of Africa just on the equator about 5 years ago. My agent dropped me off at a beachside restaurant/hotel to await my flight to the U.S.. I had a few hours to kill so I started to explore a little. I saw this guy (on the left) milling about a few really cool motorcycles. We struck up a conversation and he explained that he and some of his mates were crossing the continent on these bikes. He needed a part for his bike. I explained that my agent would be there shortly and that if anyone could help it would be him. That's my agent on the right. This is their web site that chronicled their long adventure: http://www.2muppets.com/ Every once in a while you just have one of those days that you'll never forget. That was one of mine mainly because I'm envious of their adventure and bravery.

Oh, they made it btw, from England all the way down to Cape Town.
I've been dying to go to Africa for a long time now. I'd like to go for a year or more to be honest. Something in me is just screaming for me to just go there
Closed Thread