Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1259
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #12581
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8497 Times on 4917 Posts
Likes Given: 11050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Not allowed to have alcohol in my apartment.
Geeze. Live a little! Rules were made to be broken.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 AM   #12582
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3377 Times on 1883 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Well considering school is costing me quite a bit I'd rather not risk being evicted and kicked out of school over something like that. If I were going to have something in my apartment I wasn't allowed to, it would be my guns. Which are not here, they are at my parents'

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #12583

Quote:
Well considering school is costing me quite a bit I'd rather not risk being evicted and kicked out of school over something like that. If I were going to have something in my apartment I wasn't allowed to, it would be my guns. Which are not here, they are at my parents'
Find out when the last time a student was expelled for alcohol or for weapons in their room. I am willing to bet that it has never happened. Wyotech is a for-profit school, meaning that if they kick you out they don't get your money.

I briefly looked into teaching at Wyotech out here in CA (a buddy of mine was seriously considering it- he even applied for the job). I decided not to after talking to a current instructor who said he can't kick students out of his class for any reason. He has to refer to the administration for any problems and it has never resulted in any changes. I have also considered other teaching jobs, but if I can't have full control over discipline in my classroom I'm not interested.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 04-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #12584
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3377 Times on 1883 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:

Find out when the last time a student was expelled for alcohol or for weapons in their room. I am willing to bet that it has never happened. Wyotech is a for-profit school, meaning that if they kick you out they don't get your money.

I briefly looked into teaching at Wyotech out here in CA (a buddy of mine was seriously considering it- he even applied for the job). I decided not to after talking to a current instructor who said he can't kick students out of his class for any reason. He has to refer to the administration for any problems and it has never resulted in any changes. I have also considered other teaching jobs, but if I can't have full control over discipline in my classroom I'm not interested.
A couple of weeks ago a kid had his truck towed, was evicted, and expelled because he had a rifle in the gun rack in his truck and it was parked on Wyotech property, I think they're pretty serious...

I heard they closed the Sacramento campus. There is a kid in my class who had to transfer here.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #12585

Quote:
A couple of weeks ago a kid had his truck towed, was evicted, and expelled because he had a rifle in the gun rack in his truck and it was parked on Wyotech property, I think they're pretty serious...
I guess so!

How about for alcohol?

Quote:
I heard they closed the Sacramento campus. There is a kid in my class who had to transfer here.
No surprise there. That's the one my buddy applied at. He said it was pretty pathetic. I bet they couldn't find enough instructors. Its a dmaned shame too. We need good trade schools.

Quote:

Old 04-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #12586
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7338 Times on 4415 Posts
Likes Given: 9052

Quote:
Quote:

Quit encouraging her to break rules!! I don't like that line "Rules were made to be broken". When people say that I think they mean "Everyone else's rules were made to be broken except any rules I make". Does that apply to laws, too?

Old 04-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #12587
Resident JackHole

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Quit encouraging her to break rules!! I don't like that line "Rules were made to be broken". When people say that I think they mean "Everyone else's rules were made to be broken except any rules I make". Does that apply to laws, too?
In the case of politicians... Yes.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #12588

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I'm using my spidey senses and am about 99% sure where you go to school. Good job following the rules, don't get kicked out for something stupid

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Last edited by improvised_prepper; 04-25-2013 at 01:45 PM.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 04-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #12589
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7338 Times on 4415 Posts
Likes Given: 9052

He dreams of being superman, flying through the air............

People Like This 
Old 04-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #12590

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

image-459004142.jpg

I was browsing through Hulu and found their sense of humor

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

stratrider Likes This 
Closed Thread