You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #12271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9219 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Balota would never be that disrespectful.
Of course I know this! Maybe I should've added a winky face...
trip286 is offline  
 
Old 04-15-2013, 05:54 AM   #12272
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 6,479
Liked 5453 Times on 3189 Posts
Likes Given: 4471

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Balota you should be old enough to recognize this.



Attachment 96059



Attachment 96060

And you're right I don't like pink but red is my favorite color.
"Old enough", huh? I resemble that remark!

Yeah, I recognize a vintage portable tool organizer. Mine was a Craftsman from back when they were good quality. Seems like everybody in my generation had to have tools to work on their own car. Most lost interest quickly with the advent of electronic ignition and computers in cars. Organizers like those became garage sale fodder. Good to see a set put to good use!

I wish I could say I have lots of knowledge about cars. I only know enough to keep mine running with manuals and simple tools. Anything fancy (CV joints, fuel injection, etc.) and I bow to the professional!
__________________
Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Generalizations are (almost) always bad.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/9th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-7-8-9-2017-a-121011/#post1814686
Balota is offline  
 
Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #12273
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,630
Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Default

One of my watches... horology, my first true love and focus of study.
forumrunner_20130414_220840.jpg   forumrunner_20130414_220900.jpg   forumrunner_20130414_220921.jpg  
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #12274
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

A friend of mine invited me to a birthday party this weekend, told me to bring something to shoot. Here is a pic of my truck bed with all of the toys we brought (not all of them are mine mind you). had a great weekend with lots of shooting. I brought plenty of ammo for all of my guns so anybody who wanted to could have a chance to shoot them. We were at a ranch down by Forth Hunter Liggett or near King City. Several Army troops showed up during the party on Saturday. I was able to shoot an Uzi for the first time- with the 16" barrel I was able to hit a 20" steel gong target out at 260 yards consistently after taking a few shots to get the range right (the Uzi is in the picture- again, not mine). Also I was able to hit the silhouette steel target out at 480 yards with the Garand and with the AR carbine as well (my handloads in both of those). I tried with the Mini 14 with iron sights but was only able to get a couple of hits with that at 480.

It was fun, fun, fun in the California Sun!
dscn0833.jpg  
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Old 04-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #12275
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 27,985
Liked 10886 Times on 6491 Posts
Likes Given: 16101

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
A friend of mine invited me to a birthday party this weekend, told me to bring something to shoot. Here is a pic of my truck bed with all of the toys we brought (not all of them are mine mind you). had a great weekend with lots of shooting. I brought plenty of ammo for all of my guns so anybody who wanted to could have a chance to shoot them. We were at a ranch down by Forth Hunter Liggett or near King City. Several Army troops showed up during the party on Saturday. I was able to shoot an Uzi for the first time- with the 16" barrel I was able to hit a 20" steel gong target out at 260 yards consistently after taking a few shots to get the range right (the Uzi is in the picture- again, not mine). Also I was able to hit the silhouette steel target out at 480 yards with the Garand and with the AR carbine as well (my handloads in both of those). I tried with the Mini 14 with iron sights but was only able to get a couple of hits with that at 480.

It was fun, fun, fun in the California Sun!

I was wondering where you were. I, too, had the opportunity to shoot an Uzi. It was the first gun they guy who got me interested in firearms put in my hands.

It sounds like a WONDERFUL time. Nothing better than friends, firearms and food. LOL
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 04-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #12276
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Swervin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 373
Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

Default

Love my surefire 60

forumrunner_20130415_013805.jpg
Swervin is offline  
 
Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #12277
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,589
Liked 563 Times on 371 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin View Post
Love my surefire 60
Amen to that
rurak is offline  
 
Old 04-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #12278
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 4,235
Liked 1221 Times on 778 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Balota you should be old enough to recognize this.



Attachment 96059



Attachment 96060

And you're right I don't like pink but red is my favorite color.
I have a Kenndy tool box too Cinder! I wish I could find a big one like that!
My grandma used to live a couple of blocks from the Kenndy company in Van Wort Ohio.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
"Old enough", huh? I resemble that remark!

Yeah, I recognize a vintage portable tool organizer. Mine was a Craftsman from back when they were good quality. Seems like everybody in my generation had to have tools to work on their own car. Most lost interest quickly with the advent of electronic ignition and computers in cars. Organizers like those became garage sale fodder. Good to see a set put to good use!

I wish I could say I have lots of knowledge about cars. I only know enough to keep mine running with manuals and simple tools. Anything fancy (CV joints, fuel injection, etc.) and I bow to the professional!

What? Nobody works on their cars anymore?... What the hell is a CV joint?

Sorry, all mine still have carbs...
000_0005-1-.jpg  
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #12279
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,881
Liked 4350 Times on 2797 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez

I have a Kenndy tool box too Cinder! I wish I could find a big one like that!
My grandma used to live a couple of blocks from the Kenndy company in Van Wort Ohio.


That's where I got mine. It's about an hour drive from me. I put it in the post a photo thread a while back.
__________________
Feral cat waterboarder
primer1 is offline  
 
Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #12280
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PC167's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Des Moines,Iowa
Posts: 1,043
Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Default

I felt pretty badass changing the water pump on my wife's mini van... :-D seriously, vehicles are getting a lot harder to work on anymore.
__________________
Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed! Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
PC167 is offline  
dango Likes This 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Photo op scares thousands in NYC skullcrusher Politics, Religion and Controversy 23 05-09-2009 07:22 PM
family photo... supergus The Club House 6 07-06-2008 10:34 PM
Family photo. BLS33 General Rifle Discussion 11 07-05-2007 01:11 AM