Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1217
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #12161
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9009 Times on 4862 Posts
Likes Given: 19046

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

You from Utah?
You got a confession?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #12162
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4360 Times on 2419 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
You got a confession?
haha no, I didn't light anything on fire in the state of Utah, ever.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
People Like This 
Old 04-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #12163

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Good one! LOL
Nice catch, I'm in Eagle Mountain. That's the fire some target shooters started while shooting at exploding targets with extremely dry brush all around. Idiots!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #12164

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger Fan
Good one! LOL
Nice catch, I'm in Eagle Mountain. That's the fire some target shooters started while shooting at exploding targets with extremely dry brush all around. Idiots!
Are you for real? Did they find this idiot?

Old 04-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #12165

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yes they did. It was two guys & last I heard, they had both been saddled with a nice stiff fine...I forget how much it was.
Since this is a photo thread, I should include one. Here I am being attacked my a man-eating Pitbull!

Here he is a little while later.

Last edited by Charger Fan; 04-07-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #12166
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8663 Times on 5168 Posts
Likes Given: 11411

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
yup.. had way to much time on my hands today
Awesome!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #12167

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

My daughter brought her boy friend and 2 of his buddies to shoot - - - they found some incendiary 12 gauge rounds at a gun show and set my backstop on fire - - - dumb**ses were shooting a 12 gauge on a 25 yard pistol range - - - My daughter came over and took control and I guess they thought that little USMC Lance Corporal was going to pound each of them in the ground one at a time.

The three of them had all served 4 years each in the Army and are all in their late 20s and should know better.

The time before that he came without my daughter and brought some of his friends ( playing the big shot as I donít charge him ) and they made and left a big mess - - - discarded targets blowing in the wind, soda cans and cigarette butts allover.

They can no longer come unless the range is open for business and they will follow all rules or be barred!

My range safety rules are posted and this is rule 3

"3. No eating, drinking, smoking, putting on lipstick or chapstick!"

This is to keep you safe from lead poisoning.

From the OSHA handbook

More importantly, the chemical commonly used in primers is lead styphnate, and detonating the primer discharges a cloud of molecular lead compounds. So the air on a shooting range -- even an extremely well ventilated range -- tends to contain a lot of lead, both as dust, and as gas. It settles in large amounts on the floor, and on other horizontal surfaces as well. Even if the range passes OSHA standards for airborne lead contamination (which many don't), you will still often find yourself standing in a cloud of lead filled gun smoke as the air currents eddy around you. All the while you are breathing in lead, about 30-50% of which will dissolve from your lungs into your bloodstream. If you have any doubts about this, just blow your nose when you leave the range after a lengthy shooting session. That black stuff in the mucous is the residue of gun smoke, and it contains a lot of lead.

The powder residue you get all over your hands also contains a lot of lead. Left on your hands, some of this can actually be absorbed directly through your skin. More importantly, if you eat with this residue still on your hands, you will contaminate your food with a significant amount of lead. You can also contaminate your food with residue from around your mouth, particularly if you have a mustache. Your breathing concentrates lead around your nose and upper lip, and a mustache will act as a filter to trap the particles and gases. Your sandwich or pizza will then carry those particles into your mouth. This is particularly important to realize, because although only about 10% of ingested elemental lead is absorbed, nearly 100% of ingested lead salts -- formed when you ignite the primer -- are absorbed. So ingestion is a very efficient way to absorb certain forms of lead.
People Like This 
Old 04-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #12168
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9009 Times on 4862 Posts
Likes Given: 19046

Food for thought.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #12169

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post

More importantly, the chemical commonly used in primers is lead styphnate, and detonating the primer discharges a cloud of molecular lead compounds. So the air on a shooting range -- even an extremely well ventilated range -- tends to contain a lot of lead, both as dust, and as gas. It settles in large amounts on the floor, and on other horizontal surfaces as well. Even if the range passes OSHA standards for airborne lead contamination (which many don't), you will still often find yourself standing in a cloud of lead filled gun smoke as the air currents eddy around you. All the while you are breathing in lead, about 30-50% of which will dissolve from your lungs into your bloodstream. If you have any doubts about this, just blow your nose when you leave the range after a lengthy shooting session. That black stuff in the mucous is the residue of gun smoke, and it contains a lot of lead.
This is why I don't use the local indoor range. I've been in there once, and the air tasted sweet as soon add I walked in. Screw that crap.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #12170

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
This is why I don't use the local indoor range. I've been in there once, and the air tasted sweet as soon add I walked in. Screw that crap.
My range is outdoors and I purposefully tried to get as much ventilation as possible while outdoors but the lead will settle onto any surface it can! Shooting benches, gun cases, any place dust can settle will hold lead!

Remember the lead from the primer is more hazardous to the shooter than the lead from the projectile and is often not given any thought at all!

Many of the recently built indoor ranges have great ventilation and are cleaned daily and would be great places to shoot - - - I donít have the money to build one like that and Iím not sure the local population is dense enough to support the expense!

I have been to some of the older indoor ranges and mostly it is a one time trip for me.

Closed Thread