Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1207
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #12061
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2500 Times on 1626 Posts

^^^ whoa. You don't hear stories like this too often.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #12062
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Lol

As kids, some spent too much time watching the propaganda films between the two main features. Some think Fort Knox is full of your gold reserves also.

Years ago, I hear a wreck outside my country home. A truck hit a male deer. This dear looked more like a moose for size. I did not know a deer could get that large. The deer did not die, and only had it bell rung pretty bad, among with a broken leg. Some breaks, in nature, heal. The truck drove off, going to get a gun. I went inside to get my 10mm.

When I came out, the deer was walking into the woods. I followed it, to see how it was doing. The deer was OK and I decided to leave him alone, when two pickups screech to a stop and about eight hunters enter the woods. It is 3am and a half moon gave off some light between clouds. I and the deer froze, and I realized I was on the deers side, and we were both hiding from the hunters. They were walking away from us, never came in our direction. I was close enough to touch the deer, on the other side of a tree for my protection, from the deer and the hunters. Once the hunters left, I watched the frightened deer look at me with golf ball sized eyes, saying thank you, and he slowly walked off into a tall corn field. Never saw him again.
you never saw him agian because the coyotes probly tore him apart. if it was me he would of been in my freezer feeding my family.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #12063
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7333 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
you never saw him agian because the coyotes probly tore him apart. if it was me he would of been in my freezer feeding my family.
Yeah, I would have 'put him out of his misery' at the time.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #12064

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I could never shoot a deer. I killed a sparrow when I was a kid with my bb gun and I felt horrible. I am not a hunter. I see pics of big game hunters in africa and it makes me feel bad

Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #12065
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2935 Times on 1706 Posts
Likes Given: 1750

AR10 - I think, that considering the circumstances, out numbered 8 - 1, in the dark and under gunned, you made the right decision.

Easy venison is always tempting, but not knowing the character of the armed mob in the woods that night, discretion was indeed the better part of valor!

Live to hunt another day!

We are all biodegradable.

Ruger, don't leave home without it.

Last edited by eatmydust; 04-01-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: misspell

Old 04-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #12066

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
AR10 - I think, that considering the circumstances, out numbered 8 - 1, in the dark and under gunned, you made the right decision.

Easy venison is always tempting, but not knowing the character of the armed mob in the woods that night, discretion was indeed the better part of valor!

Live to hunt another day!
Well said, EMD!!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #12067
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yeah, I would have 'put him out of his misery' at the time.
We are required by law to track down injured game and put it out of their misery. A real hunter only shoots when they can guarantee a one shot kill. In Germany we say either you are a shooter or a hunter. I have let game go because I could not guarantee a clean kill. If a hunter only injures the game, he is required to track it down until found. Also, they will call for help from fellow hunters. A game revier owner is required to have a dog for tracking. A real hunter respects nature, and shows compassion, restraint and wisdom.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #12068

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
I could never shoot a deer. I killed a sparrow when I was a kid with my bb gun and I felt horrible. I am not a hunter. I see pics of big game hunters in africa and it makes me feel bad
My uncle hunts often. I myself, have never killed a deer.
My uncle tells a story of his worst experience hunting. He was bow hunting, and shot a deer. Put the arrow through both lungs, and severed a larger artery. But for some reason, this deer was pretty damn tough. He flailed around, thrashing, grunting, and trying to "scream", for, as he put it, "it seemed like hours. Likely only five minutes or so". He says he bawled like a baby. Had never been so sorry in his entire life for killing a deer. And that was after having killed quite possibly hundreds in his lifetime.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #12069

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I wouldn't be able to sleep after seeing the deer flailing around. I can't even watch the aspca commercials on tv. I have a soft spot for animals .... people not so much.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #12070

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I have a love and respect for animals. However come legal days and hours and the legal game crosses my sights, it will be humanely and effectively put down, skinned, butchered, cleaned, and eaten.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Closed Thread