Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #11701
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16788 Times on 9733 Posts
Likes Given: 43819

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
But...but...pit bulls are vicious animals...
and guns shoot people on their own...................................

at least that's what the liberals would have us to believe!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:58 AM   #11702
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Lol, my brother and his wife raise pits. I don't know much about them, except that the few I've met were the sweetest dogs ever.

Rottweilers one the other hand... Been around several of them. Those I've been around were more bipolar than my ex. Best buddies... And then in my face growling like they're gonna eat me, teeth bared and everything. Owners had to pull them off.

But a dachshund... That's the only breed that's ever bitten me and meant it. 2 times, 2 different dogs.

Poms, IMO, ugly, yappy little bastards.

I like chihuahuas. They're so twitchy.

My favorite are the catahoulas and Ladiner (sp) yellow blackmouth Curr.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #11703

Quote:
Lol, my brother and his wife raise pits. I don't know much about them, except that the few I've met were the sweetest dogs ever.

Rottweilers one the other hand... Been around several of them. Those I've been around were more bipolar than my ex. Best buddies... And then in my face growling like they're gonna eat me, teeth bared and everything. Owners had to pull them off.

But a dachshund... That's the only breed that's ever bitten me and meant it. 2 times, 2 different dogs.

Poms, IMO, ugly, yappy little bastards.

I like chihuahuas. They're so twitchy.

My favorite are the catahoulas and Ladiner (sp) yellow blackmouth Curr.
Trip, i have seen many bad pit bull owners, but not really a bad pit bull! same with Rottwielers!

IMO, dogs feed off the personality and energy of the owner. alot of it is how they are treated. treat anything badly enough, and it will develop a bad attitude.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #11704
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Well the funny thing about that, the rottweiler owners, I knew intimately (not to be confused with sexually). One was a fellow Marine. One was my bus driver and mother to my friends, and one was a junior high girlfriend. All three of them were fantastic people, great parents (the junior high girlfriend grew up to be a great parent. Bit hippyish, but hey, whatever), laid back and easy going people. They all had trouble with those dogs too. Two of them had to be euthanized for attacking kids, in both cases, the owner's OWN kids who had grown up with them (that would be the fellow Marine and the bus driver. The bus driver had two, had to put them both down).

I generally tend to blame the owners myself. But with my own admittedly limited experiences, that's a breed I don't think I could bring myself to trust.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #11705

Quote:
Well the funny thing about that, the rottweiler owners, I knew intimately (not to be confused with sexually). One was a fellow Marine. One was my bus driver and mother to my friends, and one was a junior high girlfriend. All three of them were fantastic people, great parents (the junior high girlfriend grew up to be a great parent. Bit hippyish, but hey, whatever), laid back and easy going people. They all had trouble with those dogs too. Two of them had to be euthanized for attacking kids, in both cases, the owner's OWN kids who had grown up with them (that would be the fellow Marine and the bus driver. The bus driver had two, had to put them both down).

I generally tend to blame the owners myself. But with my own admittedly limited experiences, that's a breed I don't think I could bring myself to trust.
well my own Rottwieler i had many years ago was a bit aggressive and pretty much a one person dog. Ramone came from my brothers dog Classie. now she was the complete opposite. the only way she would bite, was if you put your hand in her mouth and stepped on her head!

other than my brother, i was the only one that could be around Ramone. he was very protective and was very aggressive. towards me, he was like a large lap dog. i didn't get him until he was about 6-7 months old, but hadbeen around him since he was born. he was even aggressive when he was a puppy! he was good dog for someone living alone like i did, but probably would never have been a family dog like his mother was for my brother and his family.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:58 AM   #11706

Liked 2325 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Chow chows are mean ****s. Been bit by one pretty good. Still wear the scar.

Catahoula we had was the sweetest dog aside from labs that I've ever had.

I grew up with a Siberian husky. She was very sweet but very independent. She nipped me once when I was little. Letting me know She wasn't a horse lol. I still miss that dog. She died one winter in the woods, where she loved to be.

We has a German Shepard that was a lap dog, Jesus she was too big for that. Rip girl, a German Shepard/Rottweiler mix that was scared of her own shadow. Size of a Shetland pony! Very sweet girl, loved those close to her but very scared otherwise. Rip stubby.

Hound dog was the chow chow that bit me, he was a mutt. After that incident we became inseparable. He got ran over by an F-250 and survived. He's gone now though.... Still miss him to this day. Had some sharpies (spelling) on the farm. Not my favorite breed at all.

One day my wife and I will have a golden retriever. It's a breed we both want. I had two lab puppies when I was 10, we were forced to give them up, as the apartment people wouldn't let us have them. Two little black labs. Cute puppies.

This makes me sad going over all this in my head. I miss all my animals that are gone, two horses in particular. she was a from a famous bloodline of thoroughbreds. Sent to us to take care of. She had a bad nerve condition. She would go down and couldn't get up for weeks.

I spent a lot of time in her indoor pen, feeding her by hand and watering her. Dad and I would roll her so she wouldn't get sores. I put a lot of heart into that mare. She had to be put down. I was 14. Still remember those eyes, the kind an animal has that can look into your soul. Damn.....

Tomato was a chestnut mate. Thoroughbred. She was a mean **** for sure. Was with her from the time I was 13 until last year. She had issues staying in foal. Three years went by without a baby, and finally she kept her pregnancy. The week she was due, she went down and never got up. We drug her into a trailer to get her to the vet, she woke up from her tranquilizer mid trip. Thrashed about and broke her neck, were 5 minutes to late and lost the colt........

That was a low day. Makes me tear up thinking about her. I was the only male on the farm that could get in the stall with her. She hated everyone but the owner and me.

Damn.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #11707

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:

But...but...pit bulls are vicious animals...
the funny thing is, that cat is the meanest animal in that picture,lol

one day i kept hearing this loud meowing outside but couldnt pinpoint where it was at, next day heard it again and tried to find it. the day after that my wife was outside and found this tiny kitten almost literally dead from starvation. we took it "her"in and got her back to good health. during that time she would curl up to Trinity "the pit" and suck on her like she was momma. even now "about 6 months later" Trinity is momma to her and the cat "cheetah" wont leave her side.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #11708

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

30-30 reloads for fun (Hornady 110gr SP, 34gr IMR4895, and 10gr IMR4895 at 100 yards)

Name:  image-3980365196.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  31.8 KB

Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #11709

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Stag Model 3 100 yards (bottom left brown bear 55hr FMJ, bottom right 45gr rem HP, top left PMC 55gr FMJ, top right 50gr American eagle ballistic tip)

Name:  image-2353049156.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  14.3 KB

Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #11710

Liked 2224 Times on 1444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pubgerm89
30-30 reloads for fun (Hornady 110gr SP, 34gr IMR4895, and 10gr IMR4895 at 100 yards)
Don't let PETD see that! (People for the Ethic Treatment of Dishwashers). Nice shooting with the AR, too. Stop in the introduction threads and chat a bit.

Feral cat waterboarder