Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #11581
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
Grafenwoehr, Germany
There is some good hunting down there! Monster boar and majestic red deer. What year?

Old 03-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #11582
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7654 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9866

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
You think any of that is bad, I've got a buddy that lives in Norway and he was telling me about this "delicacy".

Yum yum, rotten fish!
Norwegians are not known for their cuisine. Take lutefisk for example. Translated directly to English it means "lye fish". Yum. This is a food that comes with warnings. (from Wiki):

Quote:
When cooking and eating lutefisk, it is important to clean the lutefisk and its residue off pans, plates, and utensils immediately. Lutefisk left overnight becomes nearly impossible to remove. Sterling silver should never be used in the cooking, serving or eating of lutefisk, which will permanently ruin silver. Stainless steel utensils are recommended instead.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 03-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #11583
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7654 Times on 4416 Posts
Likes Given: 9866

Actually I must correct myself. Norwegians are known for their cuisine, and it is not a good reputation. I have Norwegian heritage and lutefisk/rakfisk are some of the foods that I and many Americans of Scandinavian heritage will not touch with a fork on a ten foot pole. (Ever seen a ten foot Pollack? Hungry bastards!)

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 03-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #11584

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Funny how the stuff that your mouth likes so much looks so ugly to your eyes when it's being prepared. Beer, sausage, guacamole,...
Actually its funny how some people find a thing disgusting, and others find it beautiful. I love brewing beer and when a beer is fermenting and you see the yeast growing and bubbling on top, it is a gorgeous site (unless your airlock blows off, then its just a PITA to clean up) or when a beer is being dry hopped, same with the smell, absolutely love it the whole way through! The only part id say I think looks comepletely gross is when you are making a lambic or wild ale.. now that is sick looking!

forumrunner_20130309_120235.jpg

images.jpeg

Old 03-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #11585
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2141 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Norwegians are not known for their cuisine. Take lutefisk for example. Translated directly to English it means "lye fish". Yum. This is a food that comes with warnings. (from Wiki):
Yeah my friend told me about that stuff too. He says it's mostly the older, old school folks that still eat that sort of thing. It's a wonder any of them are still alive.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #11586
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6635 Times on 4014 Posts
Likes Given: 7875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Funny how the stuff that your mouth likes so much looks so ugly to your eyes when it's being prepared. Beer, sausage, guacamole,...
Amen. I used to not let me kids watch me cook dinner because if they saw me dice an onion into it, or add *whatever it is they didn't like* they wouldn't eat it. Even though they ate the same dish many times before and loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I've had entire meals with the lights off. My Mom used to TRY to make tamales. Tasted great. But dear God, don't look at it.
Unfortunately, my cakes usually turn out ugly but taste okay. I can NOT decorate a cake, or make it even, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
You think any of that is bad, I've got a buddy that lives in Norway and he was telling me about this "delicacy".
Yum yum, rotten fish!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #11587
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4309 Times on 1458 Posts
Likes Given: 1344

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
Grafenwoehr, Germany
When I was with the 509th Abn we jumped in just outside Graf and I swear it's the only place I've been where it snowed, rained, cleared up, got foggy, got hot, got cold and several other weather anomalies in one day.

NSDQ

Old 03-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #11588

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post

When I was with the 509th Abn we jumped in just outside Graf and I swear it's the only place I've been where it snowed, rained, cleared up, got foggy, got hot, got cold and several other weather anomalies in one day.
Coastal North Carolina...
Old 03-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #11589
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
Ya we still get all four seasons in one day here in the Rheinland area. This year we had thunder and lightning during a snowstorm! My father-in-law use to do a lot of exercises/trainings with heavy vehicles in Graf during the Cold War. He said troops would get injured all the time. Not exactly what I would want to do while in Bavaria. He retired over here. I am going to show him your photos.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #11590
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4309 Times on 1458 Posts
Likes Given: 1344

Picture credit should go to 303tom.

NSDQ

Closed Thread