Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 03:52 AM   #10761
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 692 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 703

Whoa! What did I Start?!!?! Theres Ticker tape everywhere!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
- .... . -.-- .----. .-. . / ..-. .- -.- .

.. / .... .- - . / -- . -.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
-. --- - / .. -. / - .... . / -.-. .-.. ..- -... .... --- ..- ... . .-.-.-
.-- .... .- - ..--.. -.. --- -.-- --- ..- -.- -. --- .-- .... --- .-- -- .- -. -.-- -.. --- - ... .- -. -.. -.. .- ... .... . ... .. - - .- -.- . ... - --- -- .- -.- . .- .--. .. -.-. - ..- .-. . ..--.. ..--..

Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #10762
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2981 Times on 1664 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by trez View Post
whoa! What did i start?!!?! Theres ticker tape everywhere!!!!

.-- .... .- - ..--.. -.. --- -.-- --- ..- -.- -. --- .-- .... --- .-- -- .- -. -.-- -.. --- - ... .- -. -.. -.. .- ... .... . ... .. - - .- -.- . ... - --- -- .- -.- . .- .--. .. -.-. - ..- .-. . ..--.. ..--..
.- / .--. .. -.-. - ..- .-. . .----. ... / .-- --- .-. - .... / .- / - .... --- ..- ... .- -. -.. / .-- --- .-. -.. ... .-.-.- / - .... .- - .----. ... / .- / .-.. --- - / --- ..-. / -.. --- - ... / .- -. -.. / -.. .- ... .... . ... .-.-.-

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #10763

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

.- / .--. .. -.-. - ..- .-. . .----. ... / .-- --- .-. - .... / .- / - .... --- ..- ... .- -. -.. / .-- --- .-. -.. ... .-.-.- / - .... .- - .----. ... / .- / .-.. --- - / --- ..-. / -.. --- - ... / .- -. -.. / -.. .- ... .... . ... .-.-.-
QSL

hi hi

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 04:59 AM   #10764
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7727 Times on 4460 Posts
Likes Given: 9960

Actually its not dots and dashes. Its dits and dahs.

Pictures are zeroes and ones.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #10765

How many here are Hams? I was first licensed in 2002 as a Tech, got my General a couple of years ago.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #10766
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 129 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have a ham license. KF6ZPP. Got it in december '99. My parents made me get it because the world was suppossed to end. Unfortunately, I don't a radio set up at the moment, although, my jeep has the antenna just need to install the radio. Something I'd like to do but don't have the time or energy to get done. But I've been distracted by my recent project. I picked a Pelican 1720 and I'm in the middle of cutting out the foam for my 12g and AR. They both just barely fit.

forumrunner_20130209_223959.jpg

Brian

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 AM   #10767

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa View Post
I have a ham license. KF6ZPP. Got it in december '99. My parents made me get it because the world was suppossed to end. Unfortunately, I don't a radio set up at the moment, although, my jeep has the antenna just need to install the radio. Something I'd like to do but don't have the time or energy to get done. But I've been distracted by my recent project. I picked a Pelican 1720 and I'm in the middle of cutting out the foam for my 12g and AR. They both just barely fit.

Attachment 84639
I don't get on HF much. Mostly just local repeaters. Do you have an HT? You can probably hit one of the WIN System repeaters in SD. From there you can talk all over the world. I think there are a couple 70cm rigs there. Yup- take a look here. http://www.thedeanfamily.com/winreptr.htm

KG6TJU

Quote:

Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #10768
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 129 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I don't get on hf at all. All I have right now is 2m and 440. My license is a tech(i think). I tried to to upgrade before they changed the licensing, but I just couldn't learn morse code. I was never good at learning another langauge.

Brian

Old 02-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #10769

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have a Collins KWM 2 that has been stored away since the mid 1960's that I should get out, might come in handy if the SHTF. If the SHTF I don't think a license will be a worry.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by chuckusaret; 02-10-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 AM   #10770

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa View Post
I don't get on hf at all. All I have right now is 2m and 440. My license is a tech(i think). I tried to to upgrade before they changed the licensing, but I just couldn't learn morse code. I was never good at learning another langauge.
I was a tech until the eliminated the Morse requirement. I couldn't learn it either. Once they did I passed and got my General easily, though I did take a Ham-cram class with my son and used that to cram for General. I took the Extra test that day too but failed it.

That having been said I haven't done much HF work besides building up my setup. I am having trouble with my old Kenwood TS430 and can't get the bugs worked out of it. That is my one last problem I need to work out.

Quote:

Closed Thread