Post a photo you've taken. Any photo. - Page 1066
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #10651
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Oh, geeze, I never thought of that. I'm going to have to take away his Styrofoam toys and find out where's he's getting his stash in the basement. Poor kitty, he's going to have to play with the cat toys from now on. Thanks for the warning. I never thought of that.
What I am having trouble with these days is those roll-up foam ear plugs. I keep them on my headboard because I wear one at night (deaf in the other ear) due to my wife's snoring- and it also helps because I have tinnitus and shutting down all of the other night noise makes it more tolerable for some reason-
Anyhow, I have found those after the cats have chewed on them. I imagine they would cause serious problems on their digestive system.

Quote:
Please post them. I fully expect the Orchids in a greenhouse to be better than mine. I'd love to see the photos. I could use the joy of seeing a bunch of flowers in the dead of winter and snow here in Illinois.
There are a lot of pictures, but here are a few.
dscn0594.jpg   dscn0593.jpg   dscn0599.jpg   dscn0605.jpg   dscn0606.jpg  

dscn0609.jpg  

Old 02-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #10652

Geeze, too many pics and too large of files! Anyhow, the one with my hand next to it is tipped sideways- that is a carnivorous plant ("pitcher plant") and the "pitcher" is as big as my hand (over 8 inches)!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #10653
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Geeze, too many pics and too large of files! Anyhow, the one with my hand next to it is tipped sideways- that is a carnivorous plant ("pitcher plant") and the "pitcher" is as big as my hand (over 8 inches)!
What else you growing in that green house buddy :jokes:

Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #10654

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
Man! What I would give to have a greenhouse like that! And if it were legal, I would definitely grow some cash crops .

Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #10655

Quote:

Man! What I would give to have a greenhouse like that! And if it were legal, I would definitely grow some cash crops .
No kidding! No other crop sells for 2000 a pound in the good ol usa. Hell I think I can by crops by the TON at that price. No wonder people take the risk.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #10656
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8751 Times on 5227 Posts
Likes Given: 11601

Quote:
My youngest son is a Horticulture major in college. He gets asked that all the time.

Quote:
No kidding! No other crop sells for 2000 a pound in the good ol usa. Hell I think I can by crops by the TON at that price. No wonder people take the risk.
To be honest, there are marijuana growers who grow for the "medical marijuana" community. It is a legal crop if you get whatever permits you need. You don't think those medical marijuana dispensaries are getting their pot from the pot dealer on the corner, do you?

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #10657

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:

What I am having trouble with these days is those roll-up foam ear plugs. I keep them on my headboard because I wear one at night (deaf in the other ear) due to my wife's snoring- and it also helps because I have tinnitus and shutting down all of the other night noise makes it more tolerable for some reason-
Anyhow, I have found those after the cats have chewed on them. I imagine they would cause serious problems on their digestive system.

There are a lot of pictures, but here are a few. OOps- didn't post the pics.Not sure what's going on.....
Tinnitus can be cured, lessened by placing castor oil in your ear cannal as you sleep. Keep it in with a cotton swab. A couple night of this is what I read. Check out cures on the internet.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #10658

Quote:

My youngest son is a Horticulture major in college. He gets asked that all the time.

To be honest, there are marijuana growers who grow for the "medical marijuana" community. It is a legal crop if you get whatever permits you need. You don't think those medical marijuana dispensaries are getting their pot from the pot dealer on the corner, do you?
Well it would be extremely cheaper in state that "legalized" in one way or another but cross that same pound three states over where its not so plentiful. Big $$!
I have a problem with the pot dealer on the street corner. If they are already breaking the law by selling pot what other drugs is he selling? The 16 year old kid or 21 year old guy is now exposed to numerous other, id say, far more harmful drugs. If you think about it a Pot store would only have pot. They wouldn't have pot, method, crack, coke, ghb, heroin, and pharmaceuticals.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #10659

Quote:
So do I.

Quote:
I have considered growing for a dispensary (and yes, they get it from people who are licensed for growing it, not the dealer on the corner- it is actually highly self-regulated due to the many different clones available and how those clones are chosen for their specific properties.) Even looked into it. Still, given the possibility of a Federal drug felony I am not going to risk it. Medical marijuana is legal in CA, but remains a federal crime. There have been convictions for it here locally since it was legalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Tinnitus can be cured, lessened by placing castor oil in your ear cannal as you sleep. Keep it in with a cotton swab. A couple night of this is what I read. Check out cures on the internet.
I have tried literally dozens of possible cures including many different oils applied in different ways. None have made any change for me so far. Mine has been present for 30 years or longer in increasing intensity. Not much that can be done, but I still try.

Quote:
Well it would be extremely cheaper in state that "legalized" in one way or another but cross that same pound three states over where its not so plentiful. Big $$!
I have a problem with the pot dealer on the street corner. If they are already breaking the law by selling pot what other drugs is he selling? The 16 year old kid or 21 year old guy is now exposed to numerous other, id say, far more harmful drugs. If you think about it a Pot store would only have pot. They wouldn't have pot, method, crack, coke, ghb, heroin, and pharmaceuticals.
I don't know that it is any cheaper than the street price here where it is legal on the state level.

The other problem with the street corner dealers is that you don't know what the source is. Most of those drugs also supplement slavery, smuggling and many have been grown using, shall I say, less than organic methods so they are chock full of nasty chemicals. I tell everyone who uses those drugs that they must know their source. Don't buy from a guy in the street. Buy directly from the grower.

It is so easy to get a "prescription" here that there is no reason not to. The sources are highly regulated and prices are supposed to be reasonable. Different strains are kept pure, and the clones are readily available for growing too. Anybody who belongs to a cooperative can get the plants and grow it themselves.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #10660

Quote:

So do I.

I have considered growing for a dispensary (and yes, they get it from people who are licensed for growing it, not the dealer on the corner- it is actually highly self-regulated due to the many different clones available and how those clones are chosen for their specific properties.) Even looked into it. Still, given the possibility of a Federal drug felony I am not going to risk it. Medical marijuana is legal in CA, but remains a federal crime. There have been convictions for it here locally since it was legalized.

I have tried literally dozens of possible cures including many different oils applied in different ways. None have made any change for me so far. Mine has been present for 30 years or longer in increasing intensity. Not much that can be done, but I still try.

I don't know that it is any cheaper than the street price here where it is legal on the state level.

The other problem with the street corner dealers is that you don't know what the source is. Most of those drugs also supplement slavery, smuggling and many have been grown using, shall I say, less than organic methods so they are chock full of nasty chemicals. I tell everyone who uses those drugs that they must know their source. Don't buy from a guy in the street. Buy directly from the grower.

It is so easy to get a "prescription" here that there is no reason not to. The sources are highly regulated and prices are supposed to be reasonable. Different strains are kept pure, and the clones are readily available for growing too. Anybody who belongs to a cooperative can get the plants and grow it themselves.
Back to topic.. nice plants vikingdad, wish I had a green thumb!

Closed Thread