Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Post a photo you've taken. Any photo.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #10641
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 874 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Lots of joy in it, except my wife drags her feet. She is afraid of water deeper than her bath. Afraid of wind, and a heeling sailboat (tilt)

So I have to wade through her fears each time, and depending on the weather, she might mildly enjoy it, (rare) or dislike it (often)
I sat out sailing 30 years because she did not want it. In my reclining years, she can go jump over the neighbors fence and live over there for all I care, I am going sailing. I do require a crew, but lots of bikinis like to go sailing, no problem.

Pale 56 year old dressed in long selves, mildly to aggressively pissed, or a tanned next to nude college freshman coed. Her choice. Lol.

Last edited by AR10; 02-07-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #10642
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7739 Times on 4470 Posts
Likes Given: 9990

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Lots of joy in it, except my wife drags her feet. She is afraid of water deeper than her bath. Afraid of wind, and a heeling sailboat (tilt)

So I have to wade through her fears each time, and depending on the weather, she might mildly enjoy it, (rare) or dislike it (often)
I sat out sailing 30 years because she did not want it. In my reclining years, she can go jump over the neighbors fence and live over there for all I care, I am going sailing. I do require a crew, but lots of bikinis like to go sailing, no problem.

Pale 56 year old dressed in long selves, mildly to aggressively pissed, or a tanned next to nude college freshman coed. Her choice. Lol.
You might want us to review and edit your Craigslist ad before you post looking for a sailing partner. Might be able to help you out there!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #10643
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6746 Times on 4075 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

I am pretty fearful of large bodies of water but I would love to sit in a sailboat with a life vest on and enjoy the day. Throw me overboard with no life vest, I might have a heart attack and die. As for the bikini........forget it.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #10644
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Okay, folks, I got my computer back and I'm ready to post more photos with the new camera I have that keeps me entertained for hours. LOL

My orchid....now with two blooms...

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #10645
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

My naughty kitten.

Playing in the box my computer power supply came in. Notice he has his favorite "piece of Styrofoam". I bought him toys but he keeps bringing up pieces of Styrofoam from the basement. *shrugs*

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #10646
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I went to the forest preserves on a snowy day.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #10647
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

My car after a snowy day when it's not in the garage. I hate cleaning snow of my car. Fortunately, my daughter is in her new apartment and my car is back in the garage.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #10648

Winds,
You might want to keep styrofoam away from the kitty. If he ingests it it can cause some serious problems or even kill him. I nearly lost a cat to styrofoam.

The other day I went to the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park and took over 40 pictures of the orchids and other plants. It is a greenhouse that was ordered by James Lick in the 1870's but was not assembled until after his death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatory_of_Flowers

This is not the best time to visit, not as much in bloom and all, but it was still a great afternoon. I won't be a "topper" and post the pics of the flowers, but here is a pic of the outside of the building.

dscn0627.jpg  

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 02-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #10649
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Winds,
You might want to keep styrofoam away from the kitty. If he ingests it it can cause some serious problems or even kill him. I nearly lost a cat to styrofoam.
Oh, geeze, I never thought of that. I'm going to have to take away his Styrofoam toys and find out where's he's getting his stash in the basement. Poor kitty, he's going to have to play with the cat toys from now on. Thanks for the warning. I never thought of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
TI won't be a "topper" and post the pics of the flowers, but here is a pic of the outside of the building.
Please post them. I fully expect the Orchids in a greenhouse to be better than mine. I'd love to see the photos. I could use the joy of seeing a bunch of flowers in the dead of winter and snow here in Illinois.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #10650

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Oh, geeze, I never thought of that. I'm going to have to take away his Styrofoam toys and find out where's he's getting his stash in the basement. Poor kitty, he's going to have to play with the cat toys from now on. Thanks for the warning. I never thought of that.
What I am having trouble with these days is those roll-up foam ear plugs. I keep them on my headboard because I wear one at night (deaf in the other ear) due to my wife's snoring- and it also helps because I have tinnitus and shutting down all of the other night noise makes it more tolerable for some reason-
Anyhow, I have found those after the cats have chewed on them. I imagine they would cause serious problems on their digestive system.

Quote:
Please post them. I fully expect the Orchids in a greenhouse to be better than mine. I'd love to see the photos. I could use the joy of seeing a bunch of flowers in the dead of winter and snow here in Illinois.
There are a lot of pictures, but here are a few. OOps- didn't post the pics.Not sure what's going on.....
dscn0593.jpg   dscn0594.jpg   dscn0599.jpg   dscn0605.jpg   dscn0606.jpg  

Quote:

Last edited by Vikingdad; 02-07-2013 at 06:06 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Closed Thread