POSSESSION OF HIGH CAP MAGS NOT ILLEGAL IN CA!!! referrence included - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > POSSESSION OF HIGH CAP MAGS NOT ILLEGAL IN CA!!! referrence included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Other Side of the coin

I have been employed at a gun counter in Idaho for a few years. We are not allowed to ask for Id when someone purchases a magazine. If you buy them and take them back to Cali thats on you!

Old 11-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #42

cali sounds like hell to me you have a ban on hicaps but issue permits?

Then you have some entitled a**hat hicap permit holder belittling fellow gun owners for trying to find a "loophole" in a ridiculous law.

Sounds some CCW holders here in Florida who oppose open carry because they are "trained" to carry. I guess a 2 hour gun show class makes you "trained".

Old 12-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #43

Ok sorry to come soo late. I found this on google.

Let's say I Break the STUPID law and buy my High caps out of state. If I get them home then it's over right? Later I get busted I'm not even old enough to have pre ban so they know I did not buy them before the ban.

They have to prove that I broke the law right? How can they prove anything after the fact unless I'm caught in the action bringing high caps in?

I'm not advocating breaking the law this is for me to better understand how the law works. This will never be dead because it's a BAD law and there will always be those who want to understand it. Thanks

Old 12-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #44

Liked 1152 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanburbridge View Post
Ok sorry to come soo late. I found this on google.

Let's say I Break the STUPID law and buy my High caps out of state. If I get them home then it's over right? Later I get busted I'm not even old enough to have pre ban so they know I did not buy them before the ban.

They have to prove that I broke the law right? How can they prove anything after the fact unless I'm caught in the action bringing high caps in?

I'm not advocating breaking the law this is for me to better understand how the law works. This will never be dead because it's a BAD law and there will always be those who want to understand it. Thanks
Your not asking about the law in question your asking about general law in practice. Ask a lawyer, we can answer firearms related questions, not legal ones. Well we can answer them, but would you take legal advice from a guy on the internet you have never met who you don't even believe to be a lawyer just someone who claims to have some firearms knowledge?

Let me ask you this another way. Would you trust Elena Kagan if she told you it was safe to shoot a .45ACP round from a 45 revolver?

Lastly, stop by the introduction section, I hope you stick around and keep posting. This thread is just one that has been beaten to death.

Can we please lock this thing up, the issue at hand has been discussed beyond the point of value.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 12-16-2010, 06:47 AM   #45

Thanks but I'm not in jail yet so I dont need a lawyer. Not looking for the perfect answer just what People think.

So has anyone ever thought or heard about the importation part of this law being applied after the fact?

Has anyone ever heard about Someone geting busted for high caps? Or is this just another urban legend?

Don't answer this out loud!

They ban high caps so you don't have them!
They ban machine guns so you don't have one!
At what point do we resist with violence?
They will take away your rights and freedom! Are we not justified using force to protect that?

Old 12-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #46

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default HMMMMM, I left kalifornia.....

Over 20 years ago because? THEY wanted to "stick their nose into my butt,
about what kind of firearms I own"! "Their loss", they chose to lose the taxes
that a skilled person such as myself provided along with thousands of others
in 1990! And now with the election of gov, "moonbeam" once again...we will
likely see another exodous from "sodom" once again!

Tags
california, hi-cap, high cap, high capacity, kommifornia