POSSESSION OF HIGH CAP MAGS NOT ILLEGAL IN CA!!! referrence included - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

POSSESSION OF HIGH CAP MAGS NOT ILLEGAL IN CA!!! referrence included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 04:12 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
I specifically said I was NOT talking about importation, only possession. I am well aware that importation is prohibited, but POSSESSION is NOT listed in the prohibited conditions. If you were on a dump run, and saw a 30rd mag on a pile of trash, you could pick it up and keep it, and I can't see any way you would be violating any law. You didn't import or manufacture or furnish it. Furthermore, in an estate SALE, the seller would be liable, obviously. If it were part of an estate BEQUEATHED to you, you have not imported, manufactured, or furnished it, and the furnisher is the estate of a person who by definition is beyond the laws of this land....
And I told you I agree with that, but your first several posts were filled with "wink wink nod nod" and "I found a loophole." I was simply pointing out you did not find a loophole, you simply found what we already knew. You could have easily said "If I find a gun dealer dumb enough to sell them to me" just the same as if you bought them at an estate sale, it makes no difference. What you are implying is illegal, I know YOU ARE IN THE CLEAR but the other person in this transaction is not and that to me is promoting illegal behavior.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-21-2010, 04:12 AM   #22

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
What is there to understand. You are promoting "obtaining" hi cap mags that you did not own prior to the ban and are clearly stating you have found a "loophole." What about that is being misunderstood? You never once mentioned using a friends hi caps. You stated if you could get them somehow then you were ok to posses them, which is not true unless you legal obtain them through the three ways I listed earlier.
I am not "promoting" anything. Never did I say that I thought you should go find a hi cap mag. As for your claim that it is illegal to possess, stop restating your claim and furnish the section of code that supports it. In that thread, I was addressing his example seperately and thanking him for demonstrating, before his example, that he, for one, understood what the H3LL I was talking about.

Really. Stop insisting you are correct, but omitting your supporting evidence. Vehemence does not constitute evidence. Show me the section of code prohibiting possession. Post it.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:14 AM   #23

Quote:
And I told you I agree with that, but your first several posts were filled with "wink wink nod nod" and "I found a loophole." I was simply pointing out you did not find a loophole, you simply found what we already knew. You could have easily said "If I find a gun dealer dumb enough to sell them to me" just the same as if you bought them at an estate sale, it makes no difference. What you are implying is illegal, I know YOU ARE IN THE CLEAR but the other person in this transaction is not and that to me is promoting illegal behavior.
In every example I provided, there was no furnisher.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #24

Quote:
I am not "promoting" anything. Never did I say that I thought you should go find a hi cap mag. As for your claim that it is illegal to possess, stop restating your claim and furnish the section of code that supports it. In that thread, I was addressing his example seperately and thanking him for demonstrating, before his example, that he, for one, understood what the H3LL I was talking about.

Really. Stop insisting you are correct, but omitting your supporting evidence. Vehemence does not constitute evidence. Show me the section of code prohibiting possession. Post it.
What are you talking about? I never said it was illegal and if you would remove you head you would see that. I was simply stating that your immature little boy attitude of "OH LOOKY LOOKY I found a loophole" is stupid.

1. WE KNOW THAT
2. YOU CAN'T GET THEM SO GET OVER IT.

You might as well got on here and stated "YOU CAN POSSES AN ASSAULT WEAPON I HAVE PROOF. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS OWN PRIOR TO THE BAN AND YOUR OK."
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #25

DarinCraft, disregard several earlier posts that seem to re-ask questions you've addressed, I was typing as you answered them.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:17 AM   #26

Quote:
What are you talking about? I never said it was illegal and if you would remove you head you would see that. I was simply stating that your immature little boy attitude of "OH LOOKY LOOKY I found a loophole" is stupid.

1. WE KNOW THAT
2. YOU CAN'T GET THEM SO GET OVER IT.

You might as well got on here and stated "YOU CAN POSSES AN ASSAULT WEAPON I HAVE PROOF. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS OWN PRIOR TO THE BAN AND YOUR OK."
And let the personal attacks begin!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:18 AM   #27

Quote:
In every example I provided, there was no furnisher.
Are you really so thick to think that if you buy it at an estate sale there is no furnisher?
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #28

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded. I'm done I think I made my point.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #29

Quote:
Are you really so thick to think that if you buy it at an estate sale there is no furnisher?
Try re-reading my post. I never said "buying them at an estate sale", did I? I said, as was referrenced by another respondent earlier, if they were LEFT TO YOU.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:24 AM   #30

OK I just read your last post. Truce?

Even if they were given to you. YES you can posses them, however the person who gave them to you just violated 12020, which is a felony, which means that even though you did not commit it, in a way you are encouraging it.

What I see is your posts have the name of this forum on them, I do not want anything that can be construed as illegal to be on this forum. This is a great place with great people and great info. I don't want that to go away because we got too grey on thin ice.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags
california, hi-cap, high cap, high capacity, kommifornia