Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   the POSITIVE thread - things you actually ENJOY! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/positive-thread-things-you-actually-enjoy-88486/)

StainlessSteel215 04-09-2013 01:57 PM

the POSITIVE thread - things you actually ENJOY!

Boy, some folks out there need to study the Law of Attraction and realize that spending time focusing on negative things on your life simply brings you more of that same thing! Im happy that the I HATE THREAD was closed.....it became a cesspool of miserable thoughts....even though I contributed it it ;) Cmon folks thats no way to live. Even the most crotchety old fart on here finds pleasure on SOMETHING, I'm sure of it

Mine include....

-An instant jump into warm spring weather up here in eastern Pennsylvania

-My health, my wife's health, my daughter's health, overall my friends and families' health and the arrival of our second baby in just a few weeks!

-My new DPMS ;)

-My ammo shelves are teeming with abundance!

-Geeting ready to blow the dust off my fishing pole and hit the local creeks soon

-An upcoming camping weekend with 4 good buddies, who all own pistols and rifles. We will meet up nice and early, blow through a few hundred rounds, set up our tents and camping gear......crank open the beer cooler and fish all day til the sun goes down!

rhyno13 04-09-2013 01:59 PM

The two greatest non human loves in my life are motorcycles and guns, both of which I will be doing at some point later today.

StainlessSteel215 04-09-2013 02:01 PM

now youre talking rhyno.....

Ive wanted a Harley cruiser for a LOOOONG time but my wife just cannot be comfortable with me riding one. She's slowly weakening though ;)

Cruise carefully my friend and enjoy it!

NC1760 04-09-2013 02:13 PM

Thing I enjoy...

Time away from work.... Time spent outside (regardless of what I'm doing)... Time with my family and friends... :D

The next project... my wife's garden, the next leathercrafting, the next gun build (in that order)... :)

eatmydust 04-09-2013 02:28 PM

Thanks Stainless, good call!

I really enjoy living in the greatest country in the history of the world, even with all of it's moles, freckles and warts! If you don't think so, that's fine, but they're still lined up @ our borders to get in after selling everything they owned, just for a sniff of the opportunities and prosperity we enjoy!

I enjoy the change of season, we experience here in Penn's Woods.

I enjoy the freedom to go out and shoot any one of the several firearms and bows I own, without having to get permission from anyone! AND, having enough ammo to do it!

I enjoy a good grilled steak, salad with homemade bluecheese dressing and a salted and baked potato, all washed down with either a good, ice-cold beer, or glass of rich, fruity red wine.

I enjoy the dance of a trout at the end of my flyline!

It ain't all fun & games, but I enjoy my life!

eatmydust 04-09-2013 02:52 PM

I enjoy hearing the Spring Peepers in the marshy area below my house, when everything else shuts up enough for me to hear them!

gearhead396 04-09-2013 02:53 PM

Besides shooting and rebuilding cars I love surfing. I have surfed everyday during the summer for the past 8 years although last year I did not make it out once! A new board is on the horizon and i will be Hitting the waves as soon as possible. There is no better feeling than dropping in on a 10 foot wave the sounds the sights the feeling they are memories I long to experience once again.

locutus 04-09-2013 03:06 PM

A quiet evening with good friends and good Scotch around a warm campfire deep in the mountains.

A cold creek rushing past camp.

Cool crisp mountain air when I first roll out of the sleeping bag in the morning.

The cry of a hawk.

A big boar Grizzly standing on a high ledge. The king of the mountain surveying his domain.

Rainbow trout jumping in the creek.

The intense, palpable quiet of the deep mountains.

jp_over 04-09-2013 06:33 PM

The smell of napalm in the morning... :D

Also, shooting, wakeboarding, and #1 is spending time with family.

StainlessSteel215 04-09-2013 08:53 PM

Nice!

I see a common theme here by the way...

Rhymes with FIREARMS ;)