Positive customer service experience.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Positive customer service experience.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 833 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1822

Default Positive customer service experience.

We all have stories of crappy customer service experiences, some so bad we vow to never do business there again. I want to share a positive experience that happened today, and is a very big reason I've been a steady customer of this company for some 25 years.

A few weeks ago, I bumped into something at work hard enough to rip open the leg of the pants I was wearing, a pair of Eddie Bauer chinos. Today we had some errands to run, so my wife and I went to the mall and took along the torn pants. At the EB store in the mall, I explained to the young lady clerk that I had torn a hole in the pants, had bought them online at the EB Website, and asked what I could do with them. Without batting an eye, she said she'd look up what that style is currently selling for online, and either order me a new pair or give me a store credit, including tax.

I took the credit, and as the store was having a sale on, I bought 2 nice shirts on sale at half price, plus 3 colored Tees, also at half price, and paid a whopping $5.91 after the credit, and including the sales tax. EB isn't the cheapest clothing option for me, but they carry more styles in the tall sizes I need, and when I place an online order, I get what I ordered, along with an addressed return bag in case there's something wrong with the order. I've only once ever used the return bag, because I mistakenly ordered the wrong size.

We complain about the bad companies, but sometimes we need to give kudos to the companies that do understand what customer service is about, and who stand behind their products. Sadly, very few clothing retailers care anymore, but Eddie Bauer does.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 833 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 1822

Oh, and I had already been wearing the pants on average once a week for over a year.