Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > POS truck problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 259 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
Lol maybe ill send it to iraqveteran8888 and have the destruction of it go viral
HAHAHAH those vids are great brother. I loved the grill one!

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

The people who created the problem are not the ones who can fix it...

Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #22

Liked 184 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 103

I need some help diagnosing my brake system problems big time! My neighbor/mechanic is too busy to look at it and I don't have the money to pay him or anyone else to do it for me...maybe buying too many guns recently

Anyway, when I step on the brake pedal no braking force is applied until waaaay down low on the pedal. I had a leaky brake line that I fixed, and I bled the hell out of the system after I did it because it still wasn't working right. There is no change, only that I'm not leaking fluid anymore. I pulled the hose off the brake booster from the vacuum pump and it sucks my finger on there pretty good. When I pump the brakes up to get the pedal higher there is absolutely no brake force applied until it sinks back down to the floor. My brake pads are fine, plenty of material left over...I'm no mechanic but I know how to turn a wrench and any help is definitely appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Last edited by longunner; 04-26-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #23

Liked 1340 Times on 887 Posts
Likes Given: 656

Master cylinder?

Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 AM   #24
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post
I need some help diagnosing my brake system problems big time! My neighbor/mechanic is too busy to look at it and I don't have the money to pay him or anyone else to do it for me...maybe buying too many guns recently

Anyway, when I step on the brake pedal no braking force is applied until waaaay down low on the pedal. I had a leaky brake line that I fixed, and I bled the hell out of the system after I did it because it still wasn't working right. There is no change, only that I'm not leaking fluid anymore. I pulled the hose off the brake booster from the vacuum pump and it sucks my finger on there pretty good. When I pump the brakes up to get the pedal higher there is absolutely no brake force applied until it sinks back down to the floor. My brake pads are fine, plenty of material left over...I'm no mechanic but I know how to turn a wrench and any help is definitely appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!
When you bled your brakes did you bleed them all? Sounds to me like there is still air in the lines, could also be a bad master cylinder... But I'd make sure I bled the brakes right before I replace that.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #25

Liked 2200 Times on 1263 Posts
Likes Given: 1787

Try bench bleeding your master cylinder. DON'T

take it off the truck, just jack up the back of the truck

till the fluid in the reservoir is level. Bench bleed it, then

reconnect the lines, and jack the truck back down.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #26

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

with vehicle off, pump brakes, do they get hard? (no jokes guys)
after pumping brakes, are they hard? or feel like stepping on a water balloon? if like water balloon still has air in system, does it have anti-lock brakes? if air has gotten into the anti-lock brake controller might have to pressure bleed them with a pressure bleeder to force the air out.
if pedal is hard after pumping them hold pedal and see if pedal goes down, if pedal goes down and no leaks then master is bad, if pedal stays hard start truck while still holding pressure on pedal, if pedal goes down easy, booster is working, if not bad booster, if all that checks out, raise entire truck put on jack stands so all wheels are off ground, put truck in neutral, have second person push and hold down brakes, go around and try to turn/rotate tires, if front tires wont rotate and rear will, rear most likely need adjustment, if rear hold and front rotate or only one front rotates check brake hoses on front, piece of rubber comes off on inside and will clog hose, also for front or back check proportioning valve, if valve isn't working right wont apply proper pressure to ether front or back. if after all this problem isn't fixed pm me

Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

When you bled your brakes did you bleed them all? Sounds to me like there is still air in the lines, could also be a bad master cylinder... But I'd make sure I bled the brakes right before I replace that.
Yup, bled the hell out of them all, started at the furthest away from the master cylinder and worked my way back

Marlin Model 60
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2

Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsplat
with vehicle off, pump brakes, do they get hard? (no jokes guys)
after pumping brakes, are they hard? or feel like stepping on a water balloon? if like water balloon still has air in system, does it have anti-lock brakes? if air has gotten into the anti-lock brake controller might have to pressure bleed them with a pressure bleeder to force the air out.
if pedal is hard after pumping them hold pedal and see if pedal goes down, if pedal goes down and no leaks then master is bad, if pedal stays hard start truck while still holding pressure on pedal, if pedal goes down easy, booster is working, if not bad booster, if all that checks out, raise entire truck put on jack stands so all wheels are off ground, put truck in neutral, have second person push and hold down brakes, go around and try to turn/rotate tires, if front tires wont rotate and rear will, rear most likely need adjustment, if rear hold and front rotate or only one front rotates check brake hoses on front, piece of rubber comes off on inside and will clog hose, also for front or back check proportioning valve, if valve isn't working right wont apply proper pressure to ether front or back. if after all this problem isn't fixed pm me
No ABS, it's a 1985. When the truck is off and I pump the brakes it stays high and hard, can't even move it. When I pump the brakes when it's on, the pedal stays high for a bit but will sink back down to the ground. The consensus seems to be the master cylinder, which I was fairly confident was the problem. Thanks for the help everyone ill try to get the part this weekend and let everyone know what happens

Marlin Model 60
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2

Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2326 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Is it a diesel? If so your vacum pump may be leaking.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
Is it a diesel? If so your vacum pump may be leaking.
It is a diesel but the hose that runs to the booster sucks my finger in there pretty good, so I'm pretty sure it's ok

Marlin Model 60
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2