Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > POS Police Chief

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7826 Times on 4516 Posts
Likes Given: 10075

Default POS Son, OK Police Chief? Or Not?

Not because of his record as a cop mind you (I have no idea about that) but if I am to judge a person by the way he treats his own mother, I would determine this guy to be a POS. (My cousin lives in Fayetteville)

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/northwest/johnson-police-chief-responds-to-mothers-filthy-living-conditions/-/8897460/20920420/-/ekxsa3z/-/index.html

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 07-15-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6096 Times on 3344 Posts
Likes Given: 11699

My mother lives eight hours away. I visit twice a year. I would not know of her conditions changing unless she told me over the telephone.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
My mother lives eight hours away. I visit twice a year. I would not know of her conditions changing unless she told me over the telephone.
And she would not be likely to tell you. I have dealt with older folks who live in squalor. They are often unaware of it or they are embarrassed and won't tell anybody. But this cop lives close by and is unaware of it? That is terrible.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 07-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2607 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 202

There are many folks who do not have a close relationship with their parent. You do not know the history there. There was a (presumably) competent individual (the nephew) "caring" for her. You cannot blame him solely for this. What about his sibling? There is at least one other person who "should" have checked on her.

And, read the article. Since when does cat feces smell like ammonia? Dumb azz. That would be cat urine. If you have a JOB writing, write factually.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 07-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
There are many folks who do not have a close relationship with their parent. You do not know the history there. There was a (presumably) competent individual (the nephew) "caring" for her. You cannot blame him solely for this. What about his sibling? There is at least one other person who "should" have checked on her.

And, read the article. Since when does cat feces smell like ammonia? Dumb azz. That would be cat urine. If you have a JOB writing, write factually.
Cat pee smells like ammonia, if it's a lot of it it can run you out of the house. If it's a non-denutted male it can get much worse really fast.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #6

I have looked after elderly neighbors who were headed in the same direction. One couple had a daughter in NorCal that they rarely heard from. She was aware of their awful living conditions- they were Depression era hoarders and their house was virtually impassable. I was in there several times though where they wouldn't let their own daughter in. Between me and their Church they were persuaded to move into town and eventually into an assisted living facility where the husband passed away. The wife is still alive though. And she is safe. The daughter passed away too.

What I am saying is that it isn't easy to help sometimes. But I cannot for the life of me see how somebody could let their own mother waste away like that. Even if she was mentally ill.

Quote:
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I would like to change the title of this thread. I don't think there's enough evidence to call this man a POS. There are many circumstances that would prevent him from knowing, many of them have been pointed out in this thread.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

bluez Likes This 
Old 07-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I would like to change the title of this thread. I don't think there's enough evidence to call this man a POS. There are many circumstances that would prevent him from knowing, many of them have been pointed out in this thread.
Done. My cousin who lives in Fayetteville (where the mother lives) provided the original title. I was going off of her opinion of the guy.

Quote:

Old 07-15-2013, 03:17 AM   #9

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Nobody likes the Johnson police, they have a reputation as a speed trap town everyone avoids. Sad that he doesn't care for his own mother.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Vikingdad Likes This