Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   POS Police Chief (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/pos-police-chief-93774/)

Vikingdad 07-12-2013 12:16 AM

POS Son, OK Police Chief? Or Not?

Not because of his record as a cop mind you (I have no idea about that) but if I am to judge a person by the way he treats his own mother, I would determine this guy to be a POS. (My cousin lives in Fayetteville)

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas/northwest/johnson-police-chief-responds-to-mothers-filthy-living-conditions/-/8897460/20920420/-/ekxsa3z/-/index.html

MisterMcCool 07-12-2013 12:27 AM

My mother lives eight hours away. I visit twice a year. I would not know of her conditions changing unless she told me over the telephone.

Vikingdad 07-12-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1301950)
My mother lives eight hours away. I visit twice a year. I would not know of her conditions changing unless she told me over the telephone.

And she would not be likely to tell you. I have dealt with older folks who live in squalor. They are often unaware of it or they are embarrassed and won't tell anybody. But this cop lives close by and is unaware of it? That is terrible.

robocop10mm 07-12-2013 05:11 AM

There are many folks who do not have a close relationship with their parent. You do not know the history there. There was a (presumably) competent individual (the nephew) "caring" for her. You cannot blame him solely for this. What about his sibling? There is at least one other person who "should" have checked on her.

And, read the article. Since when does cat feces smell like ammonia? Dumb azz. That would be cat urine. If you have a JOB writing, write factually.

DrumJunkie 07-12-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 1302145)
There are many folks who do not have a close relationship with their parent. You do not know the history there. There was a (presumably) competent individual (the nephew) "caring" for her. You cannot blame him solely for this. What about his sibling? There is at least one other person who "should" have checked on her.

And, read the article. Since when does cat feces smell like ammonia? Dumb azz. That would be cat urine. If you have a JOB writing, write factually.

Cat pee smells like ammonia, if it's a lot of it it can run you out of the house. If it's a non-denutted male it can get much worse really fast.

Vikingdad 07-12-2013 05:31 AM

I have looked after elderly neighbors who were headed in the same direction. One couple had a daughter in NorCal that they rarely heard from. She was aware of their awful living conditions- they were Depression era hoarders and their house was virtually impassable. I was in there several times though where they wouldn't let their own daughter in. Between me and their Church they were persuaded to move into town and eventually into an assisted living facility where the husband passed away. The wife is still alive though. And she is safe. The daughter passed away too.

What I am saying is that it isn't easy to help sometimes. But I cannot for the life of me see how somebody could let their own mother waste away like that. Even if she was mentally ill.

notdku 07-12-2013 03:01 PM

I would like to change the title of this thread. I don't think there's enough evidence to call this man a POS. There are many circumstances that would prevent him from knowing, many of them have been pointed out in this thread.

Vikingdad 07-15-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notdku (Post 1302400)
I would like to change the title of this thread. I don't think there's enough evidence to call this man a POS. There are many circumstances that would prevent him from knowing, many of them have been pointed out in this thread.

Done. My cousin who lives in Fayetteville (where the mother lives) provided the original title. I was going off of her opinion of the guy.

tri70 07-15-2013 03:17 AM

Nobody likes the Johnson police, they have a reputation as a speed trap town everyone avoids. Sad that he doesn't care for his own mother.