Porkulus bill passes...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Porkulus bill passes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Porkulus bill passes...

So I heard this morning that the "stimulus" bill passed and will be waiting for Barry Monday morning. I don't know the last time I was this upset...oh wait, November 5th. Get ready to grab your ankles guys and plan on a reach around. We have just entered soci*lism. Now not only is government in banking and the auto industry(by the way, I've always like Ford but now I will never buy a GM or Chrysler product due to the fact they have taken bailout money, I also bank with a credit union) they will now have their dirty little fingers in everything. IF this thing creates jobs, which I doubt it will, they will be government jobs, completely controlled by the idiots on the hill who can pay you as little as they want while continuing to vote themselves a pay raise.
Have people forgotten that the government doesn't have a job? Where do they think this money is going to come from? They are spending money NO ONE HAS! Not us as tax payers, not other countries, they better start eating their greens and sh*tting 100's.

I wrote my representitives and I plan to write them an ugly letter if they voted for this crap and make it exceptionally clear that I will not support them in any way, shape or form in the future.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

We need to speek up. It's never too late but the good ol USA as we all remember it is no longer!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think it's all over but the false messiah signing it. This is an epic

Old 02-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

You know, that gives me an idea spittin -

We need to have a thread where a couple of folks can write up some letters, like the ones Cane and Opaww have done, and then we can have everyone e-mail them out. A show of force that is well written and well organized.

Who thinks that is a good idea? Let's get some input, some volunteers and get some facts together so we can make an organized and repetitive pain in the collective ass out of ourselves....

JD

Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Great idea. I'd volunteer to write, but I can't seem to filter my disgust very well. I did get a personal email from Sen John Cornyn that said, "Dude, I swear I didn't vote for it..."

He knows me by name by now.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Zero Republican Reps voted for it and 3 (R) Senators. It actually gives $1000 child deduction, even for those that DO NOT pay taxes because of low income.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Great idea. I'd volunteer to write, but I can't seem to filter my disgust very well. I did get a personal email from Sen John Cornyn that said, "Dude, I swear I didn't vote for it..."

He knows me by name by now.
I think is why we do it as a team. We get several well informed folks to contribute and then we change wording around, mention that we are members of an online forum with over 10,000 members and then we post the final message as a new thread with instructions for the collective.

We have the ability to get a good message out there. We have hundreds of VERY intelligent and well informed people on this forum - we need to work together to issue mandates to our government that are:

1) Well Written
2) Well Informed on the issue at hand
3) Show that we know what is going on
4) Stay away from threats and too much negative phallic measuring

As a group we can be a much louder voice. For those that want to get involved, but don't feel their words are right, or that they don't know all the facts, this will be a vehicle for them to take a well written and powerful letter, make their own subtle changes and deliver a clear and concise message.....

Ineff, I think you and opaww, Scott g and spittingfire, myself, bkt, sgt_miller, and a few others would be very good at putting out the right message and the rest of the forum will join in. We get the hardcore members on board first and then we will be able to influence the newer and less experienced members to contribute, help out and eventually be able to pick up the lance when we tire or need a break.

THIS CAN WORK IF WE ALL WORK TOGETHER!!

JD

Old 02-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #8

Default Letter to congressmen sample

I agree with dillinger. Just write a letter, or just put information that could be used in a letter. Information is power!

"Mr/Mrs congressman/senator/representatives

You had the opportunity to exert leadership in the recent stimulus process by ensuring that President Obama's campaign promises of openness, transparency, and post-partisan politics became realities in fact, not just empty platitudes. By your quick affirmative vote on the Democrat's plan, you bypassed that opportunity and handed them an easy victory on legislation that they (and you) owed it to the American people to study in much more depth.

Full and fair disclosure and debate on the stimulus might have extended its passage by a few weeks (and might have even turned some minds, maybe even yours), but I suppose you felt it was much more important to have the Presidents' Day signing/photo op than to do the peoples' business in a careful, thoughtful, open, and honest way. By signing a bill of this magnatude without reading and understanding it proves your irresponsibility.

Like many, I've been in that very silent majority for much too long. Thanks to you, that has changed. I will now use every resource at my disposal to provide campaign support, both financial and otherwise, to whomever you might face in the next primary. Printing money that has no backing and taking high intrest loans to spend on pork projects only binds our future and our childrens future. The names that signed this bill into action will be in front of the people loudly in the future when it fails to do anything to help this country. Yours is on this list."

Simply write your own letter here on this thread. Whoever wants to add, change, or just use some ideas out of them so many other letters can be made and sent. Nohting on this thread is copyrighted, use it as you wish. Here's a contact list of all representatives. http://www.conservativeusa.org/mega-cong.htm

The truth was always the truth, even before anyone figured it out. It always was and always will be.

Last edited by MrKimber; 02-14-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We will by lucky to get a reach around and a kiss behind the ear.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
We will by lucky to get a reach around and a kiss behind the ear.
Even if we get that, it's a high dollar reach around!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer