Politics, religion and controversy...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Politics, religion and controversy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Politics, religion and controversy...

Am wondering why I cannot open or read any of the treads in the subject mentioned area. There seems to be a lot of threads in the politics section. Bit it keeps telling me I do not have permission.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2012, 07:30 PM   #2

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Its because you need to become a supporting member or be authorized by the administrator to participate in those forums

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1197 Times on 669 Posts
Likes Given: 496

I believe there is a minimum number of posts required for non-supporting members to keep the trolls out.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #4

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Just dawned on me that I have access to that section and I've actually been posting in it occasionally. I'm gonna have to watch that, I've been intending to avoid it like the plague.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Just dawned on me that I have access to that section and I've actually been posting in it occasionally. I'm gonna have to watch that, I've been intending to avoid it like the plague.
I agree, those topics ignite like gunpowder. Ive save the gunpowder for the gun related threads.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Trip,
You want to avoid that section? Is it because of the volatile emotional discussion or just not interested? I could see that type of discussion eroding quite fast. But I think some of the discussions would be interesting.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellek2020 View Post
Trip,
You want to avoid that section? Is it because of the volatile emotional discussion or just not interested? I could see that type of discussion eroding quite fast. But I think some of the discussions would be interesting.
Some of the discussions are very interesting and amicable, but many of them are very volatile.

Look at it this way, if myself and someone else have a disagreement over Mosins, revolvers, AR's, the best breakfast cereal, we can usually move on and agree to disagree, or come to an agreement based on facts.

Some (way too many, in my opinion), get way too aggressive when it comes to politics and religion. If you disagree with some one on religion, they very often view it as a personal attack against them and it's just too much drama.

I think part of the reason for this is because faith and religion are based on intangibles, things that are felt but not seen or touched. On the same token, politics are all too often based on lies and counter lies. There's no such thing as an honest politician, yet people defend and attack politicians rabidly as if they're actually honest, good, hard working people.

It's easier for me to not get involved. I've been involved, I've had my religion attacked, my political views attacked, and the way I raise my kid questioned. I got pissed too, and after a few arguments, a little name calling, and a few comments I'm not proud of, I decided to just leave it alone.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #8

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
... the best breakfast cereal, ...
That's easy ... Fruity Pebbles! And if you don't agree with that, well, then my God is better than your God!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

That's easy ... Fruity Pebbles! And if you don't agree with that, well, then my God is better than your God!
Nuh uh...cocoa pebbles is better

Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #10

Special K redberries!!