Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > political correctness & policing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default political correctness & policing

I was at a birthday celebration Saturday night for one of the women from my krav class. Talking to a fellow student who also happens to be a Det Sgt, he was explaining how hamstrung the police feel nowdays dealing with violent criminals, who also feel able to exploit the 'racism' card in protesting their prosections etc. In the recent case he mentioned, drug & illegal firearm busts in the largely muslim Sydney suburb of Auburn almost turned into a riot, apparently the police were 'racist' to conduct the raid during Ramadan:

Muslim tensions run high after Ramadan raid by police

COMMUNITY tensions are running high in the western Sydney suburb of Auburn after police from the Middle Eastern organised crime squad raided four houses during the Muslim festival of Ramadan.

The raids on Tuesday evening prompted a gathering of about 150 mostly Middle Eastern youths and then the arrival of about 100 police.

Police have denied their timing was culturally insensitive and labelled angry mobs who threatened police during the raids as "cowardly".

Auburn mayor Irene Simms yesterday said she did not know the ethnicity of those arrested by police, but said locals were sick of a trouble-making minority dragging down the suburb's name. She said protests about the interruptions of religious rituals were "no excuse" in the face of criminal allegations, adding that immigrants to Australia caught breaking their citizenship oath by committing crimes should be kicked out of the country.

"I think the police did an exceptional job in this situation," Ms Simms said. "No religion condones breaking the law."

Detectives from the Middle Eastern organised crime squad seized a hand gun, stun guns, cannabis, ecstasy, pills, a large sum of cash and ammunition from three residences in Cumberland Road and one home in Normanby Street, in Auburn, at about 6pm on Tuesday. This is the time Muslims observing Ramadan break their daily fast.

As news of the raids spread, an angry crowd of up to 150 people gathered on Cumberland Rd, prompting detectives to call in the riot squad, the dog squad and Polair. Police said the crowd was dispersed after a standoff and three people were arrested.

A heavily-tattooed Lebanese local, who asked to remain anonymous because his police record was "as long as the street", said police in Auburn were racist and should have had the courtesy not to interrupt the breaking of a fast during Ramadan.

"They target the same families, they don't care if your mum's in the shower, they've got no respect," he said.

Detective Chief Superintendent Ken McKay made no apology for the raids, saying search warrants were executed in response to a shooting incident on the weekend. The man injured in the shooting had refused to co-operate with police in their investigations, but Superintendent McKay said police had "a very good idea of what occurred and why".

Police allege a police officer was punched in the face during the raids by a 25-year-old man, who was yesterday granted bail after being charged with one count of wounding an officer and two counts of assaulting police.

A 17-year-old boy arrested in the raids, also charged with assault, was granted bail to appear in Parramatta Children's Court on September 29.

A woman was also arrested and is expected to face charges in the future.'

I know the police take a softer approach in Britain, where they are very fearful of 'racism' charges...but the detective told me that police here are also worried about using force and employing their batons in such cases, due to possible assault charges. I mean, WTF? they're the goddam police...or so I thought. I really feel for the frontline cops

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-14-2009, 03:14 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Maybe they should have strapped a bomb to one of the noobs and ran into the crowd?? Just sayin'....

It's just a diversion to get the focus off of them (muslims). They're in the wrong and they well know it.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:23 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

And just think, citizens cant have weapons, but they are still out there and in the wrong hands, and they were sooo wrong to interupt a holy event when the event did not stop the muslims from breaking the law.

Layton

Old 09-14-2009, 03:41 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Oh EVERYONE knows that the majority of illegal weapons come from legal firearm owners, layton. Even if only 7% of licence holders own handguns. Just ask the freakin Greens Party about that

NOT AT ALL the fact that convicted criminals can come & go at our ports with impunity and very few containers are searched>>

The offences going undetected include those relating to possessing explosives, theft, significant weapons violations, racketeering, blackmail and bribery and "offences relating to the death of another human - be it by assassination or murder".

revealed-terrorist-threat-on-our-docks

And yeah, it's funny that so-called devout Muslims are still able to carry out drug/gun crime and maintain they have some degree of religious righteousness, huh?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

zhuk,

Brother, you're the best Australian I have ever known! ALL the other aussie's I've conversed with on forums were far left libtards.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:48 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Aww shucks Goju, now you got me blushing lol

Hey I used to be lefter than I am now, I haveta admit...but now I just abuse whichever side deserves it most. When I say I'm an 'equal-opportunity abuser' I really do mean it

Of course, having a massively inept & corrupt State (Labor) Govt only helped the scales to fall from my eyes...if the good citizens of NSW were into lynching they would be all strung up swinging in front of Parliament house by now. Not to mention "Our Dear Leader" PM Kevin Rudd's (also Labor) fanciful 'let's censor the internet' fisaco

I am prepared to hate anyone who is worthy of that emotion

Old 09-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #7

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

zhuk, I hate to hear about your struggles but I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone here in the USA that if we aren't careful we'll be in the same boat. I fear we are dangerously close currently.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #8

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. -Thomas Jefferson

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 09-14-2009, 04:07 PM   #9

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Islamofascists will continue to use white guilt as long as it works. They can win large victories and not have to fire a shot.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-15-2009, 03:19 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Islamofascists will continue to use white guilt as long as it works. They can win large victories and not have to fire a shot.

You got it right there, CA.

I think that's part of what has gone wrong in England...they seem to have gone way more PC on this than even we have, out of misplaced guilt, as you suggest. For instance, they *had* to issue UK policewomen with an official veil so that they could enter a mosque without offending anyone, simply in order to perform their duties

Check this out, scary:

British Police Turn Tail And Run From Islamic Protesters