Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Political correctness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Political correctness

How many of you consider political correctness the way to go?
As for me I consider it the downfall of our way of life, I think if we give in to other nations way of thinking our way of thinking will soon be history. I do not support protecting the koran from jokes, ridicule, or distruction.We all should support the AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT mentality, that means love it for what it is or leave it cause you can't make it what you want it to be. I couldn't care less for being careful not to offend (if i offend you i'm not sorry) I was not put on this planet to live up to your expectations just as you were not put here to live up to mine !!!!

IF ANY OF THIS OFFENDS YOU GET OVER IT AND GO ON
I'd really like your thoughts on this

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Last edited by Chester; 03-09-2008 at 03:28 PM.
EvgeniBG Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #2

Default agree

aussie. **** off ,were full

Old 03-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
How many of you consider political correctness the way to go? As for me I consider it the downfall of our way of life,
The REAL downfall began with the 19th amendment.
Women comprise 54% of the population and 80% of them always vote for Democrats. With the odds stacked so much against us, how could you expect us NOT to become a wussified nanny state..........

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 03-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
How many of you consider political correctness the way to go?
As for me I consider it the downfall of our way of life, I think if we give in to other nations way of thinking our way of thinking will soon be history. I do not support protecting the koran from jokes, ridicule, or distruction.We all should support the AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT mentality, that means love it for what it is or leave it cause you can't make it what you want it to be. I couldn't care less for being careful not to offend (if i offend you i'm not sorry) I was not put on this planet to live up to your expectations just as you were not put here to live up to mine !!!!

IF ANY OF THIS OFFENDS YOU GET OVER IT AND GO ON
I'd really like your thoughts on this

Well since it seems we like live in a society where political correctness is in place maybe you should leave? That is what that logic says to me at least.

I think political correctness does have some place in a civilized society, without it I could see a lot of bad things happening. I mean a lot of people would be very offended if Christianity was insulted or if the U.S. itself is insulted so should we only be politically correct about things you care about?

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 03-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

In todays world insulting Christianity is no big deal, It's the other religions we have to worry about offending.No one worrys about insulting America, they burn our flag and we're suppose to turn a blind eye,(do nothing about it). So BLS33 what should i care about that has not already been insulted?
My son is at gitmo, What happens if he decided to spit on the koran? What happens if a prisoner spits on the bible? What bad things do you see happening without political correctness? This nation didn't have it until recently.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Last edited by Chester; 03-09-2008 at 10:04 PM.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I saw a posting where some "Student's" out in California raised the Mexican flag above the American Flag, which was upside down. They were having a real party about it, and nobody did a thing to stop it. I've seen where they decided out in Berckley, where they decided to kick the recruiters off campus. They think it's ok to take money from the government, but not have the recruiters on campus. PC is the least of our worries anymore. Whether or not I tell an off color joke is nothing compared to who is allowed in the country.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Mr. Johnson your correct, At what point do WE THE PEOPLE do something about it. Last i heard every person who joins the military swears an oath to protect the constitution against all enemys foriegn AND DOMESTIC.

Chester

Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
In todays world insulting Christianity is no big deal, It's the other religions we have to worry about offending.No one worrys about insulting America, they burn our flag and we're suppose to turn a blind eye,(do nothing about it). So BLS33 what should i care about that has not already been insulted?
My son is at gitmo, What happens if he decided to spit on the koran? What happens if a prisoner spits on the bible? What bad things do you see happening without political correctness? This nation didn't have it until recently.

It isn't politically correct to call someone a racial slur, so if no one exercised political correctness tons of people would be offended all of the time. That seems counterintuitive to a civilized society.

I don't think social mores that dictate sensitivities to specific groups are inherently bad. I agree that we are an overly PC society but imagine you having a kid in school who is having trouble grasping a subject, he keeps getting all sorts of questions wrong and the teacher calls him or her a retard, are you ok with that?

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 03-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

NO Sir, I'm not OK with that. I'm also not ok with racial slurs, It's my opinion every person should be treated with some degree of common respect. Maybe your getting common courtesy confused with political correctness.

Chester

Old 03-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
NO Sir, I'm not OK with that. I'm also not ok with racial slurs, It's my opinion every person should be treated with some degree of common respect. Maybe your getting common courtesy confused with political correctness.
Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term used to describe language, ideas, policies, or behavior seen as seeking to minimize offense to racial, cultural, or other identity groups.

- Jack Handey