Policemen to learn ballet

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Policemen to learn ballet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 01:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Policemen to learn ballet

Traffic policemen in a Romanian town have started taking ballet lessons to make them more graceful.

A total of 20 officers at Timisoara, in Timis county, have enrolled for classes with two professional dancers.

Dorel Cojan, head of community police in Timisoara, said: "We see this new concept as a way to make our agents look better on the streets.

"They can learn how to be agreeable and make the traffic more fluent at the same time. After all, it's all about grace."

Sorin Baltica, who worked for 27 years as a ballet dancer for the Romanian Opera in Timisoara, said: "I think this is a positive thing and I am glad I can help.

"Why shouldn't policemen be pleasant and well mannered when they pull drivers over? Instead of having robots guiding the traffic, we can have very graceful agents doing the same thing."

One of the police students, Ciprian Lascu, said: "I never imagined I would take ballet lessons but here I am. I think we need these lessons and hope we can learn very quickly how to move with elegance on the streets."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2743330.html

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculker View Post

Traffic policemen in a Romanian town have started taking ballet lessons to make them more graceful.

A total of 20 officers at Timisoara, in Timis county, have enrolled for classes with two professional dancers.

Dorel Cojan, head of community police in Timisoara, said: "We see this new concept as a way to make our agents look better on the streets.

"They can learn how to be agreeable and make the traffic more fluent at the same time. After all, it's all about grace."

Sorin Baltica, who worked for 27 years as a ballet dancer for the Romanian Opera in Timisoara, said: "I think this is a positive thing and I am glad I can help.

"Why shouldn't policemen be pleasant and well mannered when they pull drivers over? Instead of having robots guiding the traffic, we can have very graceful agents doing the same thing."

One of the police students, Ciprian Lascu, said: "I never imagined I would take ballet lessons but here I am. I think we need these lessons and hope we can learn very quickly how to move with elegance on the streets."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2743330.html
I doubt there has been a working cop anywhere that at sometime hasn't done a little dancing, usually avoiding the chief.............

Old 02-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

there needs to be a dont ask dont tell policy to go with this