police shoot and kill 15 year old - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > police shoot and kill 15 year old

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by indychavez View Post
If anyone has anything other than a firearm pointed pointed at someone, they should not be shot dead. There are plenty of other options than putting several rounds through someone.
What about a crossbow? What about a throwing axe? I think there are some shades of gray involved.

I do think a careful and objective review of the situation by a fully informed is needed. I also think this kind of situation would be easier to "judge" if the officers were all equipped with gun cameras similar to the units available on tazers or with some other means of documenting the situation for review. I have read about some departments considering "lapel cams" to augment their "dash cams".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by indychavez
The cops that shoot to kill under circumstances like this one are little bitches. There are so many cases just like this that happen every day. If anyone has anything other than a firearm pointed pointed at someone, they should not be shot dead. There are plenty of other options than putting several rounds through someone. And the worst part about it is that they get away with it 99.9% of the time. Smh.
What if that kid was going after your child with a knife would you say its justified to shoot then. A knife is a deadly weapon.

High angle hell. Death and destruction from above.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #13

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by indychavez
The cops that shoot to kill under circumstances like this one are little bitches. There are so many cases just like this that happen every day. If anyone has anything other than a firearm pointed pointed at someone, they should not be shot dead. There are plenty of other options than putting several rounds through someone. And the worst part about it is that they get away with it 99.9% of the time. Smh.
I am not going there. Like orangello said, it needs to be reviewed by an informed body. As far as a forum like this, I feel it is an appropriete discussion matter considering that we are headlong becoming a POLICE STATE.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Oh I get it, COPS ARE ABOVE REPROACH. 10/4
Beyond reproach? So that means the LEO’s are guilty of _________ (fill in the blank with whatever you’re trying to insinuate) next thing you will probably ask is why didn’t they “just shoot the knife out of his hand” your comments reeks of liberalism on a fairly conservative firearm forum. In other words you’re looking for war of words (IMHO)

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 02-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraga1978

What if that kid was going after your child with a knife would you say its justified to shoot then. A knife is a deadly weapon.
I would not. A frozen water bottle could be a deadly weapon. Would you shoot someone then?

Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

What about a crossbow? What about a throwing axe? I think there are some shades of gray involved.

I do think a careful and objective review of the situation by a fully informed is needed. I also think this kind of situation would be easier to "judge" if the officers were all equipped with gun cameras similar to the units available on tazers or with some other means of documenting the situation for review. I have read about some departments considering "lapel cams" to augment their "dash cams".
Yea you got me there but I don't think a knife falls into that category.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by indychavez View Post
Yea you got me there but I don't think a knife falls into that category.
Knife on a stick with supplemental propulsion.

But seriously, i have known a couple of people who i would back off from gladly while holding a loaded pistol if they pulled a knife and looked serious. Knives have killed millions of people in the history of our species.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #18

Liked 4716 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
The 220lb, 5'10" boy (?) transitioned from challenged (or whatever the current PC statement is) person to dangerous attacker in one moment. Sorry it had to be that way, but attacking a LEO with a dangerous weapon seldom ends well.
I agree with overkill.

I'm no fan of the current paramilitary trend our Nations LEO community seems to be taking BUT that does not seem to be a factor here. In close quarters wearing soft body armor a knife is every bit as dangerous as a gun.

Sad Tale but good shoot.

Tack

Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #19
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2092 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 755

This is going no where very quickly.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Closed Thread