Police to pose as burglars in the middle of the night - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Police to pose as burglars in the middle of the night

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard in some time.....sounds like a good way to get yourself kill/hurt.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #12

Liked 1441 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Tell the Queen to bugger off!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #13

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Silly boy! Backhoes are relatively inexpensive, quick, and save so much of that backbreaking work of disposing of idiots. Just check construction sites on long weekends.
Hey! Great idea. It used to be the thing when the mob ran Las Vegas. I'll bet there are plenty of "missing persons" in some of the foundations of buildings here. Not to mention that we have a lot of empty desert around us. Plenty of places to get rid of those pesky accidents.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Silly boy! Backhoes are relatively inexpensive, quick, and save so much of that backbreaking work of disposing of idiots. Just check construction sites on long weekends.
LOL True! I guess i'm just old fashioned.

Of course, i have always wondered how much an insink garbage disposall will handle. I wonder if the RotoRooter guy ever pulled up a jawbone?

Old 02-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Sheer stupidity and quackery.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You guys realize this is from the Daily Mail, right? The British equivalent of the National Enquirer?
Ruger Mk III Competition
S&W M&P 9 Pro Series
East German Makarov PM

Old 02-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Somebody will have to explain to their families why so many of us shot and killed their family members for breaking into our homes. This has to be a farking joke. The only thing I ask is that they bring the paper up the driveway and put on a pot of coffee before waking my ass up.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Yes in England it is wrong to protect your family. They would be looking at years and years of jail time.
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
I believe that some UK residents are permitted to own shotguns although I suspect that using one to protect "only property" would get you in trouble there as I seem to recall someone being charged recently for doing just that. Then again dragging someone out of bed in the dark of night crosses the line between protecting property and self defense.

Whatever moron thought this one up should be retired immediately. It's a good thing we have a Constitution here that protects us from such nonsense.

Just because you can legally own a gun doesn't mean you can defend yourself or your home with it. Hell, we can have handguns (which are illegal in the UK) but can't use em for self defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Tell the Queen to bugger off!
She wouldn't listen, cane! Neither would there be any point...that's not the job of a figurehead monarch. Typically, like most places, everything idiotic that is done is down to the stupid Govt alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #19

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Just because you can legally own a gun doesn't mean you can defend yourself or your home with it. Hell, we can have handguns (which are illegal in the UK) but can't use em for self defence.
There a saying we have here in the States: "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six." You Aussies are an independent lot, you may just appreciate the sentiment.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
There a saying we have here in the States: "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six." You Aussies are an independent lot, you may just appreciate the sentiment.

I do indeed appreciate that sentiment, Jpyle!

Have often thought it might well be necessary if I ever have to confront an intruder and I take the grave (legal) risk of hitting them over the head with my special 'mountain-bike-handlebar-burglar-truncheon' There's a strong chance you'd be in deep sh*t for doing that...particularly if the criminal was unarmed.

But as for firearm defence...wouldn't be anything but a totally cut & dried case...it's illegality is assured, full-stop.

You'd go away for many, many years. And have every firearm you owned confiscated + your licence torn up, permanently

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D