Police make residents to take down national flag - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Police make residents to take down national flag

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9546 Times on 4107 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Once again, so glad to live in the country I don't know what to do. A few miles down the road, we have an older gent- a veteran, who erected a 20 ft flagpole with the Stars & Stripes. Problem is, he put it in the grassy 40 ft wide highway median in front of his home.

Crew from the local highway dept. visited him, and explained that nothing was allowed in the median that did not meet impact safety requirements- even road signs nowdays are made to "break away" on impact. So they lowered the flag, and dug up the flagpole.

Then they moved it over into his yard, 30 ft off the highway, dug a hole, poured a concrete base with a yard of concrete donated by the local ready-mix company, set his flagpole, put the flag up, and wished him a good day.

We took them pizzas for lunch. But you will never hear about THOSE guys in the news.

PS- Davy- we keep a Union Jack at our house- my lady flies it for Her Majesty's Birthday.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:52 AM   #12

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Default Thanks Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Once again, so glad to live in the country I don't know what to do. A few miles down the road, we have an older gent- a veteran, who erected a 20 ft flagpole with the Stars & Stripes. Problem is, he put it in the grassy 40 ft wide highway median in front of his home.

Crew from the local highway dept. visited him, and explained that nothing was allowed in the median that did not meet impact safety requirements- even road signs nowdays are made to "break away" on impact. So they lowered the flag, and dug up the flagpole.

Then they moved it over into his yard, 30 ft off the highway, dug a hole, poured a concrete base with a yard of concrete donated by the local ready-mix company, set his flagpole, put the flag up, and wished him a good day.

We took them pizzas for lunch. But you will never hear about THOSE guys in the news.

PS- Davy- we keep a Union Jack at our house- my lady flies it for Her Majesty's Birthday.
I will be joining you soon. I just need to get the kids education completed and I intentd to move to USA I have spent time in Norfolk VA and Houston TX would be happy to settle in both.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Unfathomable, but we colonials are working on it.
The only problem is that when the backlash manifests itself, it very well may rival what Obama's mentors did. Yes, I said that, and "Yes", there most likely will be violence. Obama's reach-around to that f-ing in charge of Mexico has put me on notice as to where our so-called POTUS stands, and I am definitely on the other side of the fence. Barry Soetoro does NOT stand for America, and I am now on record as not recognizing his authority. The president is officially an enemy, domestic. He needs to be exposed, denounced, voted out, and excoriated for his treasonous behaviour and statements.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Last edited by CA357; 05-23-2011 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Ethnic slurs aren't tolerated here.

Old 05-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy View Post
I will be joining you soon. I just need to get the kids education completed and I intentd to move to USA I have spent time in Norfolk VA and Houston TX would be happy to settle in both.
If you're coming to Norfolk, I'll be your point of contact.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 05-23-2010, 03:32 AM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Davy you need to move to Oregon. The weather here in Astoria is just what you get at home. I know I lived over there for 3 years and its all the same.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 05-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #16

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

IF you move to VA let us all know we can plan a big ass VA NC what ever meet and greet and welcome you and yours in a proper way. Good food COLD BEER and lots and lots of spent ammo........

Old 05-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

i have a feeling that the country is headed in the same direction

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I understand. If and when you make the move, just stay out of CA, New York and D.C.
Stay the hell away from New Jersey too, we're only a couple steps from UK gun laws here!
I wouldn't mind moving to Texas or Arizona myself!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-24-2010, 08:58 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Bloody ridiculous, Davy!

Reminds me of how the Aust flag was banned from a music festival here on our national day (Australia Day) as the organisers likened it to a display of 'gang colours' which some migrants might find 'divisive'

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D