Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Police make residents to take down national flag (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/police-make-residents-take-down-national-flag-27445/)

Davyboy 05-22-2010 02:54 PM

Police make residents to take down national flag

Check this out.

'Take down your flags' - Worksop Today

What has this country come to when we are forced to take down our national flag becouse it offends foreign immigrants. Soon as the kids are old enough I am out of here.

CA357 05-22-2010 02:59 PM

That is pathetic. Come to the States Davy. At least we're not quite there yet and there are many States that are still solid.

Davyboy 05-22-2010 03:08 PM

Thanks

Thanks CA just need the kids to finish there education

CA357 05-22-2010 03:20 PM

I understand. If and when you make the move, just stay out of CA, New York and D.C.

Davyboy 05-22-2010 03:27 PM

Yep

Thanks have learned as much from you guys

murraywc 05-22-2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 288685)
That is pathetic. Come to the States Davy. At least we're not quite there yet and there are many States that are still solid.

Sean Hannity reported a couple of weeks ago five students in California were sent home on Cinco De Mayo because it might offend the Mexican students. I never thought is would happen here. check it out.

Is Wearing an American Flag on Cinco de Mayo "Incendiary"? - Sean Hannity Discussion

Dzscubie 05-22-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davyboy (Post 288696)
Thanks have learned as much from you guys

Davy,

You would be welcome in Texas...come on over.... even if you are British (I'm Irish don't you know :D) Oh hell, come on anyway I'll go the first round. :cool:

Bigcountry02 05-22-2010 08:57 PM

Davy,

The immigrants need to just shut up and respect the national flag! The World Cup brings unity to the nation and the drinking of fine beverages!

Shihan 05-22-2010 09:28 PM

I don't see the problem flying the National Flag, the World Cup is probably one of the few times England shows a patriotic side. There should be more households flying the National Flag through out the year and not just on Big Sporting events.
Same goes for over here, I don't see near enough Flags flying on Houses. They Seem to only come out on Holidays and times of tragedy.
I would love for someone to come and tell me to take down Old Glory because the foreigners are getting upset.

Davyboy 05-22-2010 11:00 PM

Respect

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 288788)
I don't see the problem flying the National Flag, the World Cup is probably one of the few times England shows a patriotic side. There should be more households flying the National Flag through out the year and not just on Big Sporting events.
Same goes for over here, I don't see near enough Flags flying on Houses. They Seem to only come out on Holidays and times of tragedy.
I would love for someone to come and tell me to take down Old Glory because the foreigners are getting upset.

I totaly agree Shi when a nation loses respect for its own national flag it has lost respect for what was once a great nation. Like the USA we have welcomed immigrants for hundreds of years. It seems to be the recent influx believes we should change our beliefs to accomodate theirs. Yet try the same thing in their country you would be lucky to immerge with your life. I am not a biggot or a racist, however i am proud of my national identity and believe that should be respected.