You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Police E-mail Warns Of Rise In Crime

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3515 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers there. As I said, I was just thinking out loud. The fact that he mentioned the furloughs twice, just kind of caught my attention.
Certainly didn't ruffle any feathers on this end. That would be one of about 5 places,that I have personally visited, that the hose would go if we were to want to give the country an enema.

JD

Old 03-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #12

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Certainly didn't ruffle any feathers on this end. That would be one of about 5 places,that I have personally visited, that the hose would go if we were to want to give the country an enema.

JD
You ever been to East Cleveland? If not, I can assure you that a 6th hose is needed there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3515 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
You ever been to East Cleveland? If not, I can assure you that a 6th hose is needed there!
You know, I haven't been to that part of OH, I was in Toledo when I was real young - and now I can cross it off my list of places to visit... LOL

JD

Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Spent two Weeks in North Ridgeville (just outside Cleavland) for work. It just happened that St. Patrick's Day fell on the Fri. that I was there. So me an a half dozen from work went into Cleavland, to an area on the river they call 'the flats', for the St. Patty's party...Wow, I think I have a small sort of idea of what Martigras must be like.

Saw a few fights that night, then the cabs wouldn't drive us out of the area because it took them too long to get back in to the area, and we weren't going far enough to make it worth their time. So we had to walk a couple of miles to get to the restaurant where we left our cars. This was at about 1 AM. I was wishing I was carrying that night...of course I couldn't have anyway, since we were drinking.

Another place to put the hose...Stockton, California!
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #15

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

The Flats is no more. Just about every business has left. The city built some projects there, and it took less than 2 years for that place to get way too dangerous to go.

JD, Toledo is nowhere near Cleveland. I've lived in both cities, and I can tell you that neither is desirable to visit, or live.

Cleveland is a different city. There are no national gangs there (except for biker gangs). All within the city, and just as violent as the national ones.

I lived in Sandusky when the whole fight between the Hell's Angels and another biker gang (I can't remember who) was in full force. There was a nasty murder that happended the night I had to go and make a deposit for my company in Sandusky. I got to the bank about 20 mins after, and I could not make the deposit because it was all blocked off. Dude got riddled with an automatic and was lying in the road. The police had detained some witnesses, and one told me that he got there right after, and a guy pulled a gun on him, warning not to talk to the cops. He was shaken, and not happy that he could not leave the area.

East Cleveland is a city that had a mayor that was arrested on bribery charges. He refused to step down until he was convicted. Here's the kicker...he was from Ethiopia. The people of the city backed him right up until they dragged him off to the pen...for a 20 year sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-21-2009, 02:43 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

A simple question, does your local PD have your email address? I expect most will say no for those that say yes have you every got such an email?. This email was sent to get media attention and not to inform the people in the area. At best it's politics but it has little to do with "protect and serve".

Old 03-21-2009, 03:14 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
A simple question, does your local PD have your email address? I expect most will say no for those that say yes have you every got such an email?. This email was sent to get media attention and not to inform the people in the area. At best it's politics but it has little to do with "protect and serve".
I would guess that the email addresses where obtained through some sort of community involvement website. Something that was already set up with the PD. This cop just found a different way to use it.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-21-2009, 04:45 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
I would guess that the email addresses where obtained through some sort of community involvement website. Something that was already set up with the PD. This cop just found a different way to use it.
That is a good thought and I'm involved with the neighborhood watch, crime stopers network at my Seattle business location and in the neighborhood a little more country where I lived and never saw anything romotely close to this. It's hype at best and if you could dig deep enough you would find that email got to less than 2% of the people in the area at best but every local media center got it.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #19

Liked 52 Times on 42 Posts

really you do not need the email to get to 100% of the population. It will grow and take on a life of its own. Look at the little I stick my foot in mouth Fat gun write I forget his name. Within an hour or two every gun owner with an email had gotten that blog post.

All you need to do is get it out there. then watch it go like a virus in a 3rd world country.