police completely over stepping their boundaries - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > police completely over stepping their boundaries

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm curious, how many of these people that claim that they were harassed by the police or something along those lines, actually read their states statues. You would be very surprised on what they can get you for, but they choose not to. Also try to think of it from the police officers view, on a daily basis they deal with the scum of the earth to make our lives a little more comfortable. Sure I'll admit that not all police officers are good cops, but this isn't the early-mid 1900's where almost every police officer was bad, there's going to be handful that are going to cut corners and do things a little different than the regs.

Few more points when an officer says "You are under arrest" they mean you are under arrest, that is not the point where you start to swear and resist. That's when they start racking up charges like resisting arrest, aggravated battery, aggravated assault...take you pick because here in Illinois those are all a felony.

Here's a little pointer for you, if you really believe that the officer is wrong, and they are doing something illegal, don't do what this guy did and yell at the cop and fight with him. It makes you look guilty, it also takes the sympathy away from you. If you are truly innocent then settle it court where they will have to prove that you were doing something illegal, if they can't prove it then you're good to go, and if they can well shut up stop being mad that you got caught.

Sorry for the mini-rant, I'm studying law enforcement at college and I hate ignorant people who don't understand what police do for some people.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:44 AM   #22

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." That's your tag line isn't it drumjunkie? So, I'm confused, how do we get rid of the tyrants if we don't stir the poo?
-I never said don't stir it. Just don't be surprised when things escalate when you do. All too often we see this kind of stuff and the person making the vid is trying to comer off as a victim when in reality many times it is them that create the situation they find themselves in. If I tied a rock to my feet and jumped into a river I am not a victim of the river.

I'm all for people fighting for what they believe is right. It's what this country is based in. But tell it like it is. Open carry guy wants ot challenge the law so they go out and show off their guns to peopel that don't think they should have them. In this case we have bikers riding all over a road, changing lanes all over the place, riding on the emergency lane (1st time :05 in). Passing on the left and right..Within the SAME LANE in a sizeasble group. They wanted the attention they got. They are not victims. They created the situation they wanted.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:54 AM   #23

Liked 1304 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 640

I have witnessed 1st hand the following on several calls
Planting drugs '' just enough to charge ''
Plant evidence
Cut up car seats , key the paint ,and piss inside the car
Multiple '' accidental '' head butts into the door jam of the back of the cruiser while putting them in
Many many many mag light knock outs
A few forced asphalt taste test
And countless bogus charges '' most minor ''
Were all of these things justified ? In my book ? hell yes they were .
When a doper or drunk or a general violent person spits , hits or other wise assaults the officer , harmed another person , when the perp threatens to rape , beat and kill the leos wife ,children and mother , or starts destroying the cruiser then oh yea they deserve it .
Dad had some kids threat mom and such and they did know where we lived , all b/c dad was impounding the car they were doping up in and the leo layed into their ass right bad .
I figured we would have more leos on this forum but I have 30 yrs or running with dad on police calls and I see more of their side of work than most do . Alot are like family to us and vice versa , As stated before , 99% of the people they deal with are effing scum who hate the law and will lie even when caught red handed so at least try to be decent with them at first anyway .
Imagine dealing with dead people and kids some of which may be gruesome scenes , azzholes slinging dope by schools where your kids go , driving drunk and high on the roads your family travel down , a job where all you hear are lies and where everyone makes it a point to make your day hell for stopping them then threating to get you fired or sued , where someone can kill you b/c they ran a stop sign .
I appluade them for their restraint , someones threatens my wife or worse my kids , they will have to eat out of straw for the rest of their life .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 06-27-2012, 04:00 AM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10395 Times on 4485 Posts
Likes Given: 1652

In a lot of the videos, there is plenty of blame to share on ALL sides. It has been said that a community gets the law enforcement it deserves- and vice versa.

I am fortunate perhaps to live in a rural community. Our Deputies and the State Troopers here are pro's- they do their job, and do a good job of it. They do not go out of their way to mess with folks, but do NOT make the mistake of deciding to try one on for size.

As already said, when you hear the magic words (You are under arrest) it is well to remember up and down. Shut up and sit down. If you want to argue the matter- fine- but that is no longer the time or place to argue.

Now, it has been said that I give away my age- have never made a secret of it- but back in the day- to pass the background screening, you would have a squeaky clean driving and criminal background, pass a background investigation, including interviews of neighbors, teachers, references- and step out of line and it was gun, badge, car keys on the desk NOW- and you were out the door.

Today they are looking for recruits with no RECENT convictions, and are afraid to interview anyone about the fitness of an applicant. The gent who was my Field Training Officer when I was a probate taught me to lose the attitude, be civil to people and act in a professional manner. To many depts seem to have lost a lot of that- and I am deeply uncomfortable with the increased militarization that I see in the law enforcement field. When I hear the term "civilians", makes my teeth grate. If you are not currently serving military, you are ALL civilians.
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
I have witnessed 1st hand the following on several calls
Planting drugs '' just enough to charge ''
Plant evidence
Cut up car seats , key the paint ,and piss inside the car
Multiple '' accidental '' head butts into the door jam of the back of the cruiser while putting them in
Many many many mag light knock outs
A few forced asphalt taste test
And countless bogus charges '' most minor ''
Were all of these things justified ? In my book ? hell yes they were .
When a doper or drunk or a general violent person spits , hits or other wise assaults the officer , harmed another person , when the perp threatens to rape , beat and kill the leos wife ,children and mother , or starts destroying the cruiser then oh yea they deserve it .
Dad had some kids threat mom and such and they did know where we lived , all b/c dad was impounding the car they were doping up in and the leo layed into their ass right bad .
I figured we would have more leos on this forum but I have 30 yrs or running with dad on police calls and I see more of their side of work than most do . Alot are like family to us and vice versa , As stated before , 99% of the people they deal with are effing scum who hate the law and will lie even when caught red handed so at least try to be decent with them at first anyway .
Imagine dealing with dead people and kids some of which may be gruesome scenes , azzholes slinging dope by schools where your kids go , driving drunk and high on the roads your family travel down , a job where all you hear are lies and where everyone makes it a point to make your day hell for stopping them then threating to get you fired or sued , where someone can kill you b/c they ran a stop sign .
I appluade them for their restraint , someones threatens my wife or worse my kids , they will have to eat out of straw for the rest of their life .
That's the problem. If an LEO is used to dealing with scum bags who always lie 99% of the time, then that's how their default reactions conform to. Then they treat everyone with hostility right off the bat. I had LEO act that way with me when I was younger on a simple traffic stop because I was young. Immediately began with the stop with insults and swearing at me.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Therein lies the problem. If an LEO deals with scum 99% of the time, he's not gonna know how to react with an average person. I've had that happen to me before when I was young. A simple traffic stop and the officer immediately was hostile and swearing at me, all probably because I was young, not because I have a criminal history. I don't even have a speeding ticket on my record for goodness sake haha

Old 06-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Sorry for the double post haha bad cell service

Old 06-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #28

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Tack I have to say I usually agree with most things you say but this is way off. Go to D.C. and see how many douchebags were sworn in to office and almost all of them don't have a clue what that means. Your analogy to open carry is just plan wrong. According to your statements anyone who exercises his right to carry is looking for a confrontation. Why should it be confrontational to do something that is perfectly legal? Do you ever break the speed limit? If so why? Are you just looking for a confrontation? Should you be disrespected for minor infractions of the law?
RJ, I would not live in DC if you offered me the White House. As far as I can tell 99.9% of that population are criminals, on the dole, or both...

Exercising rights is NOT looking for confrontation BUT action that you know will draw LEO attention, "and yes you know, that's why you brought the Helmet cam" is in my view, the actions of immature people looking for there 15 minutes to post on you tube...funny how I've never seen anyone over 40 in one of these videos. Maybee it's a generational thing? Maybee we grew up in a time when a hard knock was most parents go to corrective measure?

I'm all for rights and liberty but I don't get upset when an "I know my rights" **** house lawyer gets thumped for creating the situation he finds himself in.

A very wise man once told me to never start a fight I could not finish.

Tack
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 06-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #29

Liked 3102 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 2879

So someone "under 40" goes out and buys a helmet cam so he can record his ride is looking for trouble? From what I saw in the video the cops had no business pulling this guy over in the first place. Yes there were traffic violations going on from some of the other bikes and many of the cars were traveling faster than the bikes. So why did that cop pull this guy over?

As far as open carry goes, if it's legal and within your rights to do so, how is that challenging the law? The cop who hassles the open carrier is the one challenging the law. How does one not see that? Look at like this, if you're driving down the road in a perfectly legal vehicle and a cop stops you for no reason other than to see if you are legal, how does that set with you? Now imagine this happens every time you get behind the wheel. The excuse given to you for this is that cars are dangerous and they just want to make sure you aren't going to do anything crazy. Now a cop spots you coming out of walmart with a box of kitchen knives that you just purchased, with no waiting period I might add, so the cops stop you because a lot of people are killed or wounded every year with knives and he just wants to make sure you aren't going to do anything crazy. You've just come out of the sporting goods store with your brand new baseball bat, again no waiting period, a cop detains you gives you a bunch of sh!t because again baseball bats are used for evil purposes and they just want to make sure you aren't going to do anything crazy. The sad part about this is many of you would go nuts over those things happening and they aren't even a constitutional right. What's even sadder is that there are some here that think these things would be ok.

The problem isn't the helmet cam or the guy that open carries, it isn't even the citizen that protests about be wrongfully detained. The problem is bad policemen. Pure and simple. Am I saying that all cops are bad? Not at all but that doesn't excuse the bad ones. What about the other cops at the scene did they all think this was right? If not why didn't they pull the offending officer to one side and straighten him out? Getting bad cops off the street is just as much a part of the job of good cops as arresting any other criminal.
People Like This 
Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #30

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

No, I don't believe that was why he bough the cam..Just to tape his ride on a busy highway. I rode bikes for years and the last place I would want to tape the ride would be there. More than likely the cops where called by some pissed off driver in a car on a cell phone and they responded. Sure was a lot of them to be one one short stretch of road. I'm sure they are usually spread more than than that. Those guys where out to make a statement and they did. The cam guy got pulled over because he was in the back. Kind of like when I was 17 and racing on the streets. The back car always was the one chanced.They probably wanted evidence of some cop acting like a tool and they got exactly that. The LEO was out of line but you can not tell me in good conscience that these innocent kids where just out on a busy highway getting vid coverage of them in heavy traffic. Hell it's annoying as hell to be on a bike in that kind of traffic. Too many people in cars paying not enough attention causing for a not too fun ride.

The rider(s) might have had a better leg to stand on of they where not making a spectacle of themselves. A bad cop doesn't need much more than to see a few bikes out sitting in one spot to get their attention. What they did was cause trouble to the point that LEO was called on them. In court that footage would get you nothing but trouble. Because the riders where not being responsible.

Look the cop was an ass, true. But in many cases life is like a casserole. You get out what you put into it. Once officer butmunch said you're under arrest he should have just shut up and sat down. He's of had that guy dead to rights for shaking down the wrong bike. But that was not part of the plan. So he got combative for the YouTube subscribers and it will probably cost him some cash to accomplish nothing. That cop will still have a job and wont get jack for that stop.

I just think there was a better way to go about what they intended to do. Work smarter...Not harder... They probable wanted to show the law cracking down on responsible bike riders. But that was not what the video had to show.

It's like being the open carry guy when someone calls the cops on you. Sure it's your right. But to the cop you're still the guy with a gun that got them called out. How you handle it from there is how you will dictate how others view the action.

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 06-27-2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: my spelling is awful! I blame my keyboard
Vincine Likes This 
Closed Thread