police completely over stepping their boundaries - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > police completely over stepping their boundaries

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I got a good lawyer to take care of bad police. The first I pay his salary with retainers; the second I pay his salary with taxes. I don't trust either one.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #12

Liked 2696 Times on 1217 Posts
Likes Given: 2595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Umm...hold on...I'm going to take a shot at this one...because they are sworn police officers in a Country where its pretty much taken for granted that the Police CAN be trusted. Yeah, pretty sure that's it.

Every profession has some bad apples but honestly guys, the only folks I see drawing the attention of LEO's are criminals and THOSE OUT LOOKING for a confrontation.

Tack

Tack I have to say I usually agree with most things you say but this is way off. Go to D.C. and see how many douchebags were sworn in to office and almost all of them don't have a clue what that means. Your analogy to open carry is just plan wrong. According to your statements anyone who exercises his right to carry is looking for a confrontation. Why should it be confrontational to do something that is perfectly legal? Do you ever break the speed limit? If so why? Are you just looking for a confrontation? Should you be disrespected for minor infractions of the law?

Old 06-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Umm...hold on...I'm going to take a shot at this one...because they are sworn police officers in a Country where its pretty much taken for granted that the Police CAN be trusted. Yeah, pretty sure that's it.

Every profession has some bad apples but honestly guys, the only folks I see drawing the attention of LEO's are criminals and THOSE OUT LOOKING for a confrontation.

Tack
I'm not saying we shouldn't trust them. We should be able to trust them and make co-operative relationships. but we do not personally know them all and humans are not perfect.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've learned to not trust cops, lawyers, and judges. Why? This is why. I live in Oklahoma. The law here ain't worth sh!t. Cops take what drugs they can from people, judge puts them in jail for a few days. Cops sale the drugs. Then the criminals are back out on the street in no time. And the cycle goes over and over. In the county I live in some are nice and some are pricks. But they're all in it together. Few years back we had a big drug bust on one guy. Only remember his last name. It was Carson. Ritch people. They basically own the town. Well anyways there was a big drug bust on his land. Feds were everywhere. Few days later he was back home. The news was in the Tulsa World but it sure as hell wasn't in our local newspapers. I have a cousin. Crack head and theif. He gets caught all the time but the next day I'll see him at his grandmas where he lives. I've heard from some crack heads that live around here that have seen cops pull up in their driveway while they were hiding in the woods and watched them walk into their house, take their stash, and leave. Don't really know if it's true or not. One of the worst county's is Sequoia County. Thank god I don't live there. When I was in high school my English teacher had told me that one of her family members had actually seen a cop pull someone over in town late at night, walk up to the drivers window and shoot the driver right in the face, then just drive away. Also went to high school with a girl who's grandpa use to be a sheriff in the same town. She always said he was always crooked as a question mark. Now back in my town again. A few years back my grandpa had went to my aunts house to talk with her. She had got back with her freeloading boyfriend that wasn't worth a dam. Grandpa was pissed. He went to her house. Walked in. Turned around and pulled of his muddy shoes right by the door. And as he turned around to walk into the living room my cousin shot him 17 times from front to back. Guess what, he got away scott free. If you don't believe then so ******* be it. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Big-Nasty; 06-27-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #15

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

One other thing I would like to add is that in the court room the lawyers bicker like nobody's business. And they always talk sh!t about each other. But guess what, on lunch time they're all eating together at a diner laughing and talking away. It's like one big game to them.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:05 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Simplest way to put it. It's just a job to some cops. They don't actually care about doing it well.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #17

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I don't know, seems to me that most departments have more police on payroll than they did a decade or so ago. With the addition of more people the more you will see people that shouldn't be doing that job. Go to a small business and look a tthe people working there. Say they have 25 employees. They will more often than not have a couple that are about useless. Now..Go to a shop that does the same work that have 150 on the payroll. There will be more useless asshats. The problem in this particular instance is these people are supposed to be keeping the people as safe as possible. So they are usually going ot be held to a higher standard by the public.

I know pretty many that work for police departments around here. Most are pretty good guys, some not so much, and some need to be taken off the payroll. Just like in many aspects of life you will have those that believe their opinions should be much more important than they actually are.

When it comes to LEO if/when we do things that attract their attention they will most often give you the attention you are looking for. It's a be careful what you wish for deal.

I kind of have a problem with these videos all over places like YouTube because I question why they are recording in the first place unless they expected to get the attention of LEO to further some kind of agenda or another. Like the open carry guy that just happens to be vid recording walking around with his/her weapon and all of a sudden they get shook down. Don't get me wrong, I don't ever like seeing police overstepping their bounds. And maybe it is a good thing that they are being brought to light to be dealt with within their departments. I just don't think people should be surprised when they end up holding the stinky end of the stick when they are using it to stir the poo.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 06-27-2012, 03:30 AM   #18

Liked 2696 Times on 1217 Posts
Likes Given: 2595

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." That's your tag line isn't it drumjunkie? So, I'm confused, how do we get rid of the tyrants if we don't stir the poo?

Old 06-27-2012, 03:46 AM   #19

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I can't say the cop handled this the best......but if you start out arguing then it is only going to get worse as it goes on.

A wise man would pick his battles a little better. These video protesters are just trying to get their 15 seconds of fame.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #20

Liked 1200 Times on 858 Posts
Likes Given: 610

I usually side with the leo about 75% of the time but while the biker could have responded better the leo was a total dick head .
It may be wrong but the crotch rockets are always on their radar and cross hairs . if you have 2 rockets driving normal by 10 harleys or such driving a bit wreckless , the rockets will get pulled everytime .

I got pulled this afternoon by a state boy who dont play around , Soon as he walked up i told him I had no endorsement and I found the plate that had expired in 2009 sitting in the shop and had no clue what it went to lmao .
Gave me a simple warning and sent me on my way with a have a good day and be careful

But I did have a city boy sitting 5 miles out of his limits '' fact '' running radar and only pulled me as soon and i mean AS SOON as i hit the city limits sign and burned me for 67 in 55 and he was a 100% ******* but it never even went to court and poofed into thin air .
There are good and bad but its never good to start off with cursing or to start spouting off laws , statutes or the classic I know my rights or I dont have to do '' fill in blank '' or Your not / your cant .

I agree with the amature camera people about going out looking for an encounter

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Closed Thread