Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > police completely over stepping their boundaries

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default police completely over stepping their boundaries

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but it's just so out of line i had to share it here.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1274 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Obstructed license plate is a citable offense, but not something you can be arrested for in most jurisdictions. It's amazing that they would abuse their power on something like that when there should've been plenty of the same footage on their dash cams. I always wonder if something happened before the video footage that we are not being made privy to.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 06-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #3

Liked 4525 Times on 2187 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

I'm all for motorcycles but dozens and dozens of them blowing down a busy commuter highway together seem like a recipe to get "screwed with".

Not saying the Cop was right but whether it's bikes or open carry, these amature video guys are out looking to encounter LEO's so I don't have much sympathy.

Tack

Old 06-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Pro and Cons; for or against; legal or illegal --- it still comes down to the blatant fact that we live in a POLICE STATE.
(Brown shirts & Gestapos soon to materialize in our lifetime).
And I am truly tired of the political police-worshipping comments normally read around forums hither and thither on the web.
The 'militarizing' of our law-enforcement; the intrusive and abusive weight of their 'authority'; and the plain-old scenario of
police brutality are indictative of a nation gone to political hell in a waste-basket. I always did and always will respect the individual.
I will never ever respect injustice of any kind whether it wears a uniform or not.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

There are lots of LEOs getting fired, sued, suspended, jailed, and fined for doing dumb things. I don't know where departments find these guys but they need a better recruiting system.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #6

We've all seen the occasional video of Cops who cross the line but a Gestapo police state? Really?

Maybee I live in too cushy an area up here in the PNW because I've had my share of traffic stops and never been pulled out of my vehicle, never been harassed, never been given a hard time by any of the LEO's I've crossed paths with despite being a bit of a smart ass. Hell, I even called a vertically challenged OSP officer "bacon bits" to his face without a response.

Do bad Cops need prosecution? Absolutely, they do, but I'm just not seeing Cops out there trying to screw with people and I'm a guy who travels 40k miles per year for work.

Maybee I'm wrong, maybee my lifestyle of "bed by 10 pm, no MC club, and no open carry" just keeps me out of the Nazi Oppressors cross hairs...

Tack

Old 06-26-2012, 11:25 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6
There are lots of LEOs getting fired, sued, suspended, jailed, and fined for doing dumb things. I don't know where departments find these guys but they need a better recruiting system.
Exactly. Personality evaluations should be a major contributing factor in my opinion.
Also, cops hassle citizens who carry because they don't know if the person is competent or in the right mind to possess one. But the same goes for LEO. We don't know if they're all in the right mind or properly competent with their firearm. Why does a badge and a uniform make then automatically trustworthy.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by naf84 View Post
Why does a badge and a uniform make then automatically trustworthy.
Umm...hold on...I'm going to take a shot at this one...because they are sworn police officers in a Country where its pretty much taken for granted that the Police CAN be trusted. Yeah, pretty sure that's it.

Every profession has some bad apples but honestly guys, the only folks I see drawing the attention of LEO's are criminals and THOSE OUT LOOKING for a confrontation.

Tack

Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatman6
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but it's just so out of line i had to share it here.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyYlRZAdPGk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
That cop was a douche bag. There's a cop in every town and city just like him. Loser in high school who now has power and likes to abuse it to make up for his high school days. He gives good cops who are out there to serve a protect a bad name and is one of those guys that makes people dislike law enforcement

He should be fired

Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Don't ride with idiots.
Stick to the middle of the pack.
Don't argue with cops.
I saw multiple lane changes couldn't tell if a signal was used. Easy driving to endanger charges and we should all know by now you cannot video the police.
Why the cop couldn't come up with a reason for stopping him is beyond me.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Closed Thread