Police brutality - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Police brutality

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
It depends on your state in WA any person can use deadly force not only to protect them or any one around them but also to stop the commission of a felony in their presence or to place the person under citizens arrest for a felony. So in that video shooting would be legal for any person in WA.

So, a man is standing 25 feet from his unlocked $500+ bike. Another man is sprinting towards the bike. Used to be $300, but now it is $500 for a theft to be a class D felony. You politely give the man 8 sucking chest wounds.

Judge to man, "Why did you shoot this man so many times?"
Man to judge, "I was using deadly force to stop the commission of a felony!"

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 09-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #42

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
So, a man is standing 25 feet from his unlocked $500+ bike. Another man is sprinting towards the bike. Used to be $300, but now it is $500 for a theft to be a class D felony. You politely give the man 8 sucking chest wounds.

You could TRY that one...but I am guessing you'd be screwed.

The big question would be..."Why didn't you just let them have the bike?" And counsel would hammer that one like a nail into a 2x4.

And as libtard as Seattle is...you'd be hammered while the Seattle-ites swilled their Starbucks and let the hair on their legs grow like stinkweed in a swamp.

In Texas, a law is still on the books stating that if you walk into your home and find your wife having sex with another man, you can shoot HIM, but not her...women were scarce when that law was written. TRY it, and see how hard you get hammered.

One jurisdiction says you can use deadly force if ANY bone is broken. Try to justify lethal force over a broken pinky-toe.

I know it's ridiculous...I am right there with you.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post

I am not saying it is a good idea or that I would do it. I was clearly stating WA state law, which is a topic you probably should not be talking about due to the amount of fail in your post.

First we will address your fail.

1. WA has no Class D felony it is only A,B and C.
2. The felony threshold for theft is not nor has ever been $300 or $500, up until 2009 it was $250 and is now $750.
3. Running towards a bike is not in any way a crime. Stealing a bike is a crime, but the person would actually have to steal not just run towards it.
4. If a person was to shoot In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony then that person would never talk to a judge. If there is a law that clearly states that a person has an affirmative defense they can not and will not be charged with that crime.

Now we will address the actual laws I was referring to in my first post.
Here are some RCWs (revised code of Washington)

RCW 9A.16.050 (Homicide — By other person — When justifiable)

Homicide is also justifiable when committed either:

(1) In the lawful defense of the slayer, or his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, or sister, or of any other person in his presence or company, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design on the part of the person slain to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury to the slayer or to any such person, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or

(2) In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which he is.

RCW 9A.16.020 (Use of force — When lawful)

The use, attempt, or offer to use force upon or toward the person of another is not unlawful in the following cases:

(2) Whenever necessarily used by a person arresting one who has committed a felony and delivering him or her to a public officer competent to receive him or her into custody

(that is referring to a "citizens arrest")

I do believe the laws I posted should answer your questions and educate you a little bit on WA State laws.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #44
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2858 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
In Texas, a law is still on the books stating that if you walk into your home and find your wife having sex with another man, you can shoot HIM, but not her...women were scarce when that law was written. TRY it, and see how hard you get hammered.

Not so. No such law exists in Texas

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball