Plumbing, Pros and Cons of Calling a Professional - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Plumbing, Pros and Cons of Calling a Professional

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2014, 01:24 AM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
...called for the final inspection. The inspector showed up, looked around and saw my 1 year olds toys all over the house plus the furniture and everything else and just grinned and said "so, you're just about ready to move in" I replied "yes sir just about ready". He did his inspection found only one thing wrong but let me slide on the promise that I would fix it before the end of the day (minor insulation problem) and gave me my final permit.
One local building official I dealt with had a poster on the wall in back of his desk that said: "Dealing with a Building Inspector is kind of like wrestling a pig in the mud. You have to remember the pig enjoys it." I've found most inspectors to be reasonable if you just bite your tongue and listen to what they have to say.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 02-19-2014, 02:00 AM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

There's a method for dealing with

Inspectors:

1. Before doing the job, get an appoinment,

talk to the inspector. Tell him about the job.

This is a crucial step many ignore or miss.

2. Ask his advice. Take notes.

3.Get the permit.

4. Follow the advice in step #2.

5. Stand back, and watch how easy an

inspection can be.

(Inspectors hate, hate, hate being left out
of the loop.)