Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > please excuse my lack of caps, and any typos.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
here you go you sickos. pictures of the filet-o-finger.
You call that a filet-o-finger? That's just a scratch!

THIS is a filet-o-finger!
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/254130-Finger-injuries

*Warning* not for the squeamish

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Last edited by Franklin1995; 06-30-2014 at 09:43 PM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 07-01-2014, 03:46 AM   #32
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 922 Times on 549 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ex father in law is a carpenter. He cut his left index finger off below the first knuckle a long time ago. About 10 years ago he cut the end of his middle finger off below the first knuckle. He grabbed the finger and an employee, told the employee " ride to the hospital with me in case I pass out" NOT "drive me to the hospital in case I pass out". At the hospital he told the Drs. they had to sew the finger back on because he couldn't hold a nail with his thumb and ring finger. They did, the nail is pretty mangled but the finger holds a nail just fine.

For a long time we teased the exes brother that he wasn't a real carpenter because he had all of his fingers!!!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:40 AM   #33
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1491 Times on 914 Posts
Likes Given: 7365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
You call that a filet-o-finger? That's just a scratch!

THIS is a filet-o-finger!
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/254130-Finger-injuries

*Warning* not for the squeamish
Not bad, but I have seen worse. I have a friend who only has the thumb, index, and pinky fingers of his right hand let after his 3 yo sister fell on the spliter's op lever. He was putting a log in to be split, and it took off all 4 of his fingers.

The doctors were able to put all 4 back, but only 2 of them took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
Ex father in law is a carpenter. He cut his left index finger off below the first knuckle a long time ago. About 10 years ago he cut the end of his middle finger off below the first knuckle. He grabbed the finger and an employee, told the employee " ride to the hospital with me in case I pass out" NOT "drive me to the hospital in case I pass out". At the hospital he told the Drs. they had to sew the finger back on because he couldn't hold a nail with his thumb and ring finger. They did, the nail is pretty mangled but the finger holds a nail just fine.

For a long time we teased the exes brother that he wasn't a real carpenter because he had all of his fingers!!!
One of the guys on my dad's VFD also has a "5 more minutes" injury. He was almost finished with the base boards in his living room, and he found out he had cut a piece too short. his solution?

He turned the circ saw upside down, fired it up using his left hand, and brought a scrap piece of the molding to the blade. The molding caught on the blade and pulled his right indx finger into said blade. he now has 5 on the left, and 4 on the right.

And yes, he is still a contractor, and he is somewhat smarter now.

After a couple weeks of unpacking I found the SD card apater. Here is what I unwrapped the morning after I crushed my finger. I still have some tenderness, and a numb spot, but it is pretty much healed up now. I have been doing self prescribed PT to get it mobile again. Still not quite working right, but it's getting there.
File Type: jpg P06-25-14_16.29.jpg (10.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P06-25-14_16.29[1].jpg (10.1 KB, 9 views)

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?