please excuse my lack of caps, and any typos....... - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > please excuse my lack of caps, and any typos.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 04:28 AM   #21
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Every bleeding stops, eventually.

Get well. Next time, work gloves.
actually, i was thinking next time, use the d@mn gate. sad part is, the work gloves were on my daughter instead of me. kind of ironic now that i think about it......

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #22
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 2819

Oh, by the way.
Get Well card.jpg

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 06-27-2014, 03:53 AM   #23
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
Ouch! Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad it wasn't worse than it is. Judging by some of the other posts out there, you'll still be head and shoulders above them being limited to typing with one hand. Don't sweat it.

Oh, and remember..... always secure your load.

That picture and quote reminded me of the time a guy I worked with got an "unsecured load" ticket for having a 50# box of nails on the floor in the cab of his truck rather than outside on the flatbed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
very true axxe, very true. 2 more days and i am done.

sickos. if i could just figure out what i did with that micro sd card adapter, pics would already be up (got a couple real nice ones on my cell). i'll get on that pic friday or saturday.

old saying among me and my friends. if one of us doesn't bleed on it, it is bound to fail. it seems to work with cars, maybe it will work with moves as well. in the office, the paper cut is the blood sacrifice.

hell, ny ain't gonna miss me that much. after all, i'm only an hour further down the road, and i will have to come up and visit with friends and family from time to time. just do me a favor. now that i'm gone make sure cuomo is not re-elected please. one term with him running the place was bad enough.
At home the job isn't done unless someone is bleeding!!! Or at least has a paper towel and duct tape bandage on some appendage.

Quote:
LOL! reminds me of a friend of mine when he went to court over an unsecured load ticket. his argument: but your honor, the load didn't fall off. even when i hit the house.

i don't know what scares me more. the fact that he got the charge dropped, or the fact that i share the roads with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Your all good....The punctuation police dont get moving around on here until after 5pm....Your doing better than me anyhow...and i dont have an excuse...lol. Glad your Daughter didnt get hurt..as for you...skin grows back...compressor parts dont......
All true, glad your daughter is fine!

About a lifetime ago we were out riding 4 wheelers in the local strip mines, a friend attempted to climb a hi wall and ran out of momentum just at the top, the 4 wheeler rolled 13 1/2 times (we counted) on the way down the hill running over my friend on the 3rd or 4th roll. BY the time we get down to him he is up and going over the 4 wheeler, to our concerns about him being hurt he replied I got insurance on me but not on the bike how is it?

For the record I had the previous "best" of rolling 7 times after failing to climb a hill. A dubious honor at best but we were young and invincible then!!!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 04:24 AM   #24
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
Oh, by the way.
Attachment 145846
LOL. looks like my old basset jake. my mom picked him up as a just becuase surprise when i was a sophomore in high school. had him for 12 years, hunted over him for 9 of those years. the only problem i ever had with him is he was a 2 shot dog.

he would hit a trail, and circle the rabbit back to me, then hand it over to me at that point. the problem was, that if he caught wind of another one, he was off after it imediately,, and would not break off if called, hence the need for a second shot to get him close enough to get the leash on him. there were only a handful of times that dad and i would take him out that we didn't come close to our daily limits. i even used to take the neighbor's daughters out with us from time to time so they could hunt with us. funny thing is, if one of the girls called him, he would come right back. go figure.

the best hunting trip with him was during October of my senior year. I went down to the local RR tracks, jist walked right down there with the shotgun and the dog, no one questioned it in those days, and started running jake along the rail bed heading towards the indian reservation. within an hour, he had kicked up, and run back 4 rabbits, and i had managed to pop a couple grey squirrels out of the trees along the tracks. as we headed home (the game pocket on my vest was full, and he had taken a dip in the creek, so he was done for the day) we stoppd by the local bait shop for a chat with the owner, a high school friend of my mom's.

as we're sitting there, jake asleep by my feet, and rick and i having coffee, a couple of fishermen who had just come back from down the creek to pick up more bait came in. the one elbows the other, and says "that's the dog." the other one looks, and asks me if that was my dog. i told him it was, and he asked me to wait in the shop for a minute.

when he came back in, he was carrying 3 large lake trout, and he asked me if i wanted to trade. at first i thought it was the dog he was referring to. turns out that not only were they there for more bait, they had seen me come in, and wanted some meat for the stew pot for that night's dinner. 2 rabbits and both squirrels later, we got a ride home from them. after mutual thank yous, we parted.

the part of that day i will never forget is when i walked through the door, and wemt to the kitchen and dropped the trout in the sink. she starts asking me how in the hell i went hunting and came back with 3 fish. dad just walked in, looked at the 3 trout laying there, and said:

"at least we won't have to watch for pellets in tonight's dinner."

we had trout that night, and rabbit stew the next. kind of funny what will remind you of those times, and how we used to make the best of them. we weren't poor by any stretch, but we were never rich either. no matter what, we always had each other.

i still find myself looking for jake, pepper, (dad's and my beagle), and lucky (dad's chocolate lab) when i open the gun cabinet even now. all lived past 10, and each of them would still get excited when that cabinet would open, waiting to get into the truck, and do what they were raised to do. very few things are sadder looking than an old hound with arthritis looking at with that need to do their job in their eyes. you hate to tell them no, but you know what will happen if you take them with. not easy to deal with. as an amputee who still hunts in spite of the pain it causes afterwards for me, i finally understand what they went through. sometimes, instinct trumps logic in the end, for them and us both.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

awesome story Kfox!

thanks for sharing that with us. loved the part of going rabbit hunting and coming home with trout! LMAO on that one!

Old 06-27-2014, 04:42 AM   #26
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
That picture and quote reminded me of the time a guy I worked with got an "unsecured load" ticket for having a 50# box of nails on the floor in the cab of his truck rather than outside on the flatbed!!!

At home the job isn't done unless someone is bleeding!!! Or at least has a paper towel and duct tape bandage on some appendage.

All true, glad your daughter is fine!

About a lifetime ago we were out riding 4 wheelers in the local strip mines, a friend attempted to climb a hi wall and ran out of momentum just at the top, the 4 wheeler rolled 13 1/2 times (we counted) on the way down the hill running over my friend on the 3rd or 4th roll. BY the time we get down to him he is up and going over the 4 wheeler, to our concerns about him being hurt he replied I got insurance on me but not on the bike how is it?

For the record I had the previous "best" of rolling 7 times after failing to climb a hill. A dubious honor at best but we were young and invincible then!!!!!
snowmobileing trip about a decade ago. we are riding on a friend's property, and we see him, his BIL, and a mutual friend riding back down the trail towards us. as we are riding to meet up, another friend comes screaming down the hill, and stops by us. he then informed us of a 20 foot drift at the top of the hill by the ravine, be careful and slow down.

as j approaches, m and i signal for him to slow down and come over to us. he misinterprets the signal, and goes for broke. 30 seconds later, as i'm flying up the trail to intercept him, i see his arctic cat el tigre go flying up at about tree top height. with out him.

i get to the top of the drift about 15 seconds ahead of the rest of the pack, and see j's sled, upside down, in the top of a tree at the bottom of the ravine. still no sign of j at this point. all of the sudden, between m's sled and mine, we see j sitting up, and taking off his helmet.

"you guys see my sled?"

he was unhurt, and we were able to recover the sled and get it running. it still has a long crack down the center of the hood. now, when we run the trail, we refer to that his as el tigre hill, or j's hill.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 04:45 AM   #27
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
awesome story Kfox!

thanks for sharing that with us. loved the part of going rabbit hunting and coming home with trout! LMAO on that one!
thanks axxe. i still lmao when i think back on it.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #28
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

here you go you sickos. pictures of the filet-o-finger.

File Type: jpg 100_1033.jpg (29.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1034.jpg (27.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1035.jpg (28.9 KB, 19 views)

People Like This 
Old 06-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
here you go you sickos. pictures of the filet-o-finger.
OUCH!

makes my finger hurt just seeing it!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #30
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
OUCH!

makes my finger hurt just seeing it!
i've seen worse doing home improvement projects with my dad. i am amazed that he still has fingers on his left hand, much less nails! he did a worse on on his left thumb while we were rebuilding the staircase in the old a frame house in nc. got it caught between the riser, and a support beam while mom and i were helping to set it in place. i had to climb up the ladder, and almost hang off the crowbar to lift it enough for him to pull it out.

and to think, he used to wonder why it was i would never hold a nail while he set it.

Axxe55 Likes This