please excuse my lack of caps, and any typos.......


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > please excuse my lack of caps, and any typos.......

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,753
Liked 1753 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 9629

Default please excuse my lack of caps, and any typos.......

you may notice over the next week or that my posts are lacking in capitalization, and more typos than usual. no, i am not posting from bizarro land. l kind of had a minor acciden last night while loading the trailer for a run to the house in erie.

2 days ago, i cleaned out my storage unit, and transfered it to my uncle so he could pack up some of his belongings for long term storage. as a result, i had a partial load on the trailer and my security deposit, so i figured it would be a good idea to load the truck and fill up the trailer for a run with some of the smaller, odd shaped, and un-needed items from the apartment to the new place. here's where things went bad.

i had, unintentionally, loaded the areas around both of the trailer gates to the point that it would have been a serious pita to move things to load the center of the trailer with a couple of heavy items. as i wheeled my 33 gallon, twin cylinder air compressor out of the garage, my daughter and i figured we could lift it up over the rail (2 feet, 8 inches above the ground) onto the deck, and set it in the middle above the axle. all was going well, she had the handle, and cleared the rail with no problem after lifting it up over said rail. i had to shidt my grip to the bottom of the tank to clear the wheels, so i did. all was going well until the wheels cleared the rail, and the weight of the compressor shifted forward.

I will start by saying erica and the compressor were both unhurt, her being the higher priority of the 2. i was bable to get my right hand clear without injury, but the left was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. the compressor came down on my ring, middle, and index fingers. my ring and index fingers are just a little sore, and slightly bruised. the middle finger got thr worst of it, as it was in the center of the bottom of the tank.

The tank fell onto my fingers, pinned them to the rail, then slid forward to the deck. the epidermal skin layer was peeled off of the dermal layer from the top knucle of the underside (finger pad) all the way up to the tip of the nail, and pretty much crushed in the process. on the bright side, it does not seem to be broken, just with an immense, open blood blister. sorry to the sickos out there that would love to see pics. i am at the apartment in ny, and my camera is in erie at the moment.

as a result, i am doing most of my typing with one hand right now, and it is a serious pita given that i usually use both hands to do so (especially when i forget, and try to type with the fingers on the left. d@mn typing class.) just figured i would put this out there before any wtf moments arose, and before the grammar nazis tried to send me out for "re-education". just wanted to give y'all a heads up.

on the bright side, i am 1 load away from moved in at the new house. the only bad part to this is that most of what is left is appliances. looks like i'll have to spring for a pizza and a case at both ends for the load and unload of the heavy stuff.

catch up with you guys later.



__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
7
People Like This 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 06-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Highpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upper Mississippi Valley
Posts: 1,547
Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad it wasn't worse than it is. Judging by some of the other posts out there, you'll still be head and shoulders above them being limited to typing with one hand. Don't sweat it.

Oh, and remember..... always secure your load.



__________________
Highpower is offline  
11
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
303tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 3,946
Liked 1337 Times on 908 Posts
Likes Given: 1429

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
you may notice over the next week or that my posts are lacking in capitalization, and more typos than usual. no, i am not posting from bizarro land. l kind of had a minor acciden last night while loading the trailer for a run to the house in erie.

2 days ago, i cleaned out my storage unit, and transfered it to my uncle so he could pack up some of his belongings for long term storage. as a result, i had a partial load on the trailer and my security deposit, so i figured it would be a good idea to load the truck and fill up the trailer for a run with some of the smaller, odd shaped, and un-needed items from the apartment to the new place. here's where things went bad.

i had, unintentionally, loaded the areas around both of the trailer gates to the point that it would have been a serious pita to move things to load the center of the trailer with a couple of heavy items. as i wheeled my 33 gallon, twin cylinder air compressor out of the garage, my daughter and i figured we could lift it up over the rail (2 feet, 8 inches above the ground) onto the deck, and set it in the middle above the axle. all was going well, she had the handle, and cleared the rail with no problem after lifting it up over said rail. i had to shidt my grip to the bottom of the tank to clear the wheels, so i did. all was going well until the wheels cleared the rail, and the weight of the compressor shifted forward.

I will start by saying erica and the compressor were both unhurt, her being the higher priority of the 2. i was bable to get my right hand clear without injury, but the left was in the wrong spot at the wrong time. the compressor came down on my ring, middle, and index fingers. my ring and index fingers are just a little sore, and slightly bruised. the middle finger got thr worst of it, as it was in the center of the bottom of the tank.

The tank fell onto my fingers, pinned them to the rail, then slid forward to the deck. the epidermal skin layer was peeled off of the dermal layer from the top knucle of the underside (finger pad) all the way up to the tip of the nail, and pretty much crushed in the process. on the bright side, it does not seem to be broken, just with an immense, open blood blister. sorry to the sickos out there that would love to see pics. i am at the apartment in ny, and my camera is in erie at the moment.

as a result, i am doing most of my typing with one hand right now, and it is a serious pita given that i usually use both hands to do so (especially when i forget, and try to type with the fingers on the left. d@mn typing class.) just figured i would put this out there before any wtf moments arose, and before the grammar nazis tried to send me out for "re-education". just wanted to give y'all a heads up.

on the bright side, i am 1 load away from moved in at the new house. the only bad part to this is that most of what is left is appliances. looks like i'll have to spring for a pizza and a case at both ends for the load and unload of the heavy stuff.

catch up with you guys later.
Ouch !................Get Well Soon...........
__________________

When all else fails.

303tom is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #4
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,753
Liked 1753 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 9629

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpower View Post
Ouch! Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad it wasn't worse than it is. Judging by some of the other posts out there, you'll still be head and shoulders above them being limited to typing with one hand. Don't sweat it.

Oh, and remember..... always secure your load.

LOL! reminds me of a friend of mine when he went to court over an unsecured load ticket. his argument: but your honor, the load didn't fall off. even when i hit the house.

i don't know what scares me more. the fact that he got the charge dropped, or the fact that i share the roads with him.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Airborne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stockton, Ca
Posts: 952
Liked 568 Times on 343 Posts
Likes Given: 2913

Default

Everything happens for a reason. I hope you heal up soon.
As for a possible reason......... Maybe it will keep you from cursing someone on here up one side and down the other. Just trying to give you a little laugh Bud!

__________________

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Airborne1 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 3,087
Liked 2756 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2653

Default

Hope it gets better soon. At least now we know you didn't have a stroke.

__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rn-cindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Working off the rent...on RGs farm S/W OhiO
Posts: 1,813
Liked 1902 Times on 1066 Posts
Likes Given: 2654

Default

Your all good....The punctuation police dont get moving around on here until after 5pm....Your doing better than me anyhow...and i dont have an excuse...lol. Glad your Daughter didnt get hurt..as for you...skin grows back...compressor parts dont......

__________________

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

rn-cindy is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #8
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Erie County PA,
Posts: 2,753
Liked 1753 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 9629

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
Everything happens for a reason. I hope you heal up soon.
As for a possible reason......... Maybe it will keep you from cursing someone on here up one side and down the other. Just trying to give you a little laugh Bud!
thanks bud. it worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Hope it gets better soon. At least now we know you didn't have a stroke.
not yet anyways.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Your all good....The punctuation police dont get moving around on here until after 5pm....Your doing better than me anyhow...and i dont have an excuse...lol. Glad your Daughter didnt get hurt..as for you...skin grows back...compressor parts dont......
sad part is, i'm usually not on here until after 1900 hours. the fact that my daughter is unhurt is the main thing for me. i walk with a limp in part from running myself over while loading a car onto a tow dolly during my parents move to ny from nc. one of the rear shocks pulled my kneecap on my left leg over to the side of the knee when i slipped and the car came off the dolly. me being the person ia am, with a very high pain tolerance, i pushed the knee cap back in place, wrapped it with an ace bandage, and dad and i got the car on the dolly and left for ny. 2 days later, i couldn't even stand, and mom and dad rushed me to the local er down the street (been a bit of a regular there in the years since, given that it is a 200 yard walk, drive, crawl, ect. from ny apartment.) where i got my azz chewed by thr doctor after informing him that it was my choice to come here rather than treat it the base hospital in nc.

as far as the compressor goes, i am more concerned about the rain we drove through (wasn't raining until we hit the pa border, so it was an untarped load) on the way down. i think i'll leave it and the jump box\battery charger unplugger for the next week or so to let them dry out. don't need eloctroshock therapy yet IMHO. other folk's opinions OTOH.....
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #9
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 8,039
Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default

Just glad your ok!!! Baby that hand for a bit, Ok?


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

__________________
askdrfootball@gmail.com

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrFootball is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:46 PM   #10
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28,709
Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Ouch!!!!

yep, i know that hurt, but it will heal up. get to feeling better.

hang in there brother Fox. just look at the bright side. you're almost moved!



__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
NO excuse not to own a 1911! canebrake 1911 Forum 5 03-03-2013 08:19 PM
Excuse me Mr. Obama dunerunner Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 09-02-2008 10:16 PM
Excuse Me While I Get My Gun sculker Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 08-19-2008 01:58 AM