Pitbull vs shelty/collie mix..... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pitbull vs shelty/collie mix.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

My shelty is doing good,I'm watching him all day and looking for infection starting...The people next-door are nice people but why they would keep a dog that has done this 3 times as of now I don't know....They said they got the dog from the shelter a little over a year ago...They have a male pit also,but it's a pup and did play with my dog a few weeks ago and I watched then very closly knowing dogs with lock-jaw are hard to get off another dog...I'm not against any dog,just don't like mean-ones....I do have my two guns at each door .38 at the back and .380 at the front...and they have been warned....just a matter of time if they don't get rid of-it...My dog can't wear a collar for a few days atleast....

Old 06-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #12

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Some will consider not taking your dog to the vet after being attacked neglect as well.. By not documenting this, you're asking for trouble if you gun down your neighbors dog.. Your dog, carry on.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #13

If it gets infected I'm taking him to the vet and they said they would pay for it...Just trying to keep the piece...I just talked with the neighbor lady and they she said she is calling around to find a home for the dog and if they can't find a home they are putting the dog down after this weekend....I'll have guns ready till the dog is gone.....

Old 06-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #14

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

It sounds like you are handling it as well as possible. I gotta give it to you seem to be a very calm and reasonable guy.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #15

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101
It sounds like you are handling it as well as possible. I gotta give it to you seem to be a very calm and reasonable guy.
Agreed.. In his shoes I'd probably have beaten that dog bare fisted bloody

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

LONGHAIR Likes This 
Old 06-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #16

Liked 3226 Times on 1617 Posts
Likes Given: 422

Take the dog to the vet, sooner not later. If nothing else a shot of antibiotics may be needed.
Call animal control or the applicable agency ASAP and get it on record. What if next time it's a child or it kills the next dog it gets a hold of? Additionally, if you're forced to shoot it at some point, there is a paper trail to back it up.
The odds are, this will end badly at some point. CYA.

NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #17

I wasn't very calm yesterday...but I have to live next to these people so just trying to make the best of it...They are nice people and they say they will take care of the problem so all I can do is keep my guard-up and wait to see if they do what the say even if it means putting the dog down....I told them I don't want to live in fear for my dogs life every minute and they said they are tiered of looking after a dog that tries to bit everything in sight....Thanks for listening and input everybody....Will take note of everybody's input......

Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #18

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

I've heard that the anatomy of a pit bull and like breeds will allow a strong person to put one down by grabbing its to front legs and spreading them apart until its rib cage separates in two,not sure if this is fact or not,but something to try if your gun or garden hose isn't handy.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #19

Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
My shelty is doing good,I'm watching him all day and looking for infection starting...The people next-door are nice people but why they would keep a dog that has done this 3 times as of now I don't know....They said they got the dog from the shelter a little over a year ago...They have a male pit also,but it's a pup and did play with my dog a few weeks ago and I watched then very closly knowing dogs with lock-jaw are hard to get off another dog...I'm not against any dog,just don't like mean-ones....I do have my two guns at each door .38 at the back and .380 at the front...and they have been warned....just a matter of time if they don't get rid of-it...My dog can't wear a collar for a few days atleast....
So, it has happened at least three times that you KNOW of? And these people are new to the neighborhood? Sorry man, but I would not be as nice as you. That dog would be dead by now. Next time it might be a kid or your dog might not be so lucky. At the very least I would have my sidearm ON ME every time I went outside from now on.

You really should follow the other peoples advice and document all this and take your dog to the vet, you will need a paper trail later on.You say these people are nice, and they probably are....NOW.... when you have to put down their dog, I bet they will stop being so nice and try to make you out to be the bad guy.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 06-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #20

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I think the neighbors need to build a taller fence or get rid of the dog.
Maybe a taser or pepper spray will work too.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin