"Pit Bull Row" - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Pit Bull Row"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 02:10 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman87 View Post
Can I ask where you get your information?

AKC Recognized...
American Kennel Club - American Staffordshire Terrier Did You Know?
As I stated, It is a Pit Bull not an American Staffordshire Terrier. There is a difference.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:15 AM   #12

I edited my post before you responded (or could have been during).

Can I ask you to explain the difference? Also, if its not too much to ask, can you have proof?

Old 04-17-2011, 02:29 AM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I have only had one Pit, and she is an outstanding dog. I've had several friends with Pits, and they have all been great dogs, too. The Pits I've encountered that were "problematic" all had "macho douchebag" owners.

My experience is limited, but we love out Pit.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

A Pit is like the Glock of the Dog world.

If you want good info on the Bulldog breeds and the differences in the breed types here is a link. Bull and Terrier breeds.

Not Gonna Argue.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:24 AM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Loved my Pit. Although super headstrong and at times aggravating, he was an incredibly smart and loving member of the family. He got along great with people, all people.
He was almost too nice.
He loved my older lab(i think he thought she was his mom) and although he tolerated and was well behaved around my relative's dogs, he was from game dog bloodlines. Even though I had never taught him to, or even considered fighting him he had a natural dislike for any stray dogs that would wander onto his farm. You can't change thousands of years of breeding.
While he disliked strange dogs, there was only one thing he absolutely hated... groundhogs. He would stalk and kill any he could find and he got quite good at it.
They are a great breed and will be loyal, protective and attentive companians. They need an owner to give them the same treatment and the respect they deserve.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 04-17-2011, 04:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
A Pit is like the Glock of the Dog world.

If you want good info on the Bulldog breeds and the differences in the breed types here is a link. Bull and Terrier breeds.

Not Gonna Argue.

I am not looking for an argument. I like to know where people are coming from and what their opinions are based on. Again, no argument intended.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:45 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

"Dangerous Breed" is a ridiculous classification created by the same minds that think black guns are evil.

I've been attacked by tiny dogs with a-hole owners, and adored by giant dogs with good owners

It's really all about rap music.

Had two or three big name rappers done videos with Standard Poodles, Pits would be off the thug life hook, and we'd be looking at banning the world's dumbest dog breed.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
It's really all about rap music.

Had two or three big name rappers done videos with Standard Poodles, Pits would be off the thug life hook, and we'd be looking at banning the world's dumbest dog breed.
Quote of the day right there.

My sister has a pit that looks very much like the white one pictured with the "warden". She works at a vet clinic and this dog was a regular. The owner took good care of him and even had him on the "wellness" plan at the vet. Then one day, the owner brings him in to have him put down. She says he can't seem to get along with her new puppy, so he should be put down. My sister asked if she could try to find him a new home instead, and after the lady agreed, she just kept him. About a week later, I saw him for the first time. His face was all full of little scabs and scars from the dagger-like puppy teeth biting him in the face over and over. I would have kicked the puppy's ass too. The lady was a dumbass and didn't deserve him. He's 5 years old, and gets along great with my sister's older dog. He has become an excellent watchdog and is very loyal to my sister already. It's almost like he knows the fate she saved him from. I'd take one just like him in a heartbeat.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #19

Russ, great story. Anyone that takes a perfectly good dog in to be put down is a nut job. They just cant take the time to work things out and obviously dont care to.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can't even look at this. It hurts too much. Euthanize bad owners and breeders. Not dogs who have done nothing wrong.

My home defense system? A Rottie and a shotty...