Pistol Pay, new way to buy and sell firearms - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pistol Pay, new way to buy and sell firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762 View Post
no........he advocated gunpal and pistol pay as BETTER than postal m/o or cashior checks

my question relates to his comment.
Got ya. I'm with you on the "old fashion way" of doing business. While it may take a little longer, I save on fees and other expenses that cut into my margins. However, most people in this day and age want it NOW or yesterday when they order something. I think we need to slow it down some

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #22

Liked 718 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 231

sniper762, I know nothing about gunpal or pistolpay. I have never tried to use paypal to purchase a gun. To say you can not use paypal to buy a gun is not true. If anyone gives an email address they can be sent money using paypal. Paypal never asks "why are you sending this person money?". How would they know what you are buying(except through ebay) or if you are buying anything. You can use paypal (and likely gunpal & pistolpal) to send money to your dad or son or neighbor or anyone with an email address. The money is sent kinda instantly(yes only kinda). I already stated my views on money orders and checks. If you want to learn about any of these services go to their websites. Why get second hand information from me or anyone else. Go to the source( their own websites). Go to the better business bureau (note alot of people hate paypal). Personally I have never been ripped off after having thousands of dollars go thru paypal. Now I'll say I don't like paypal, they got me po'ed a couple times. I don't like their liberal slant on things. But I quit using them for about 5 years and when I went back to them my account was still there and it had about $50 in it that I had forgot all about. I sell alot on ebay so I have no choice but to use them. There is that a long enough post?

Old 08-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #23

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

hi wall. being that you sell a lot on ebay, utilizlng paypal (so have i, FIRST HAND btw) then maybe you could answer my question on post #16 pertaining to YOUR experience with paypal payments that you have received.

great relevence to this thread.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 217 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I hate paypal rates but my information had always been safe.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #25

Liked 718 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Like I said, I have never lost any money using paypal(except for their percentage). But I sell almost all guns parts so I deal with gun people like on this forum. As I'm sure you may have noticed most "gun" people are pretty decent ( the old 'armed society is a polite society' thing). We don't try to rip each other off. If I was dealing in electronics or something I might have had different experiences( who knows?). When someone uses an electronic check to pay you (with paypal) you have to wait a few days for the check to clear to get the funds. I suppose someone could contest their credit card charge and get their money back (at least for a short time while it was investigated) but it has never happened to me. Whether it is walmart or paypal or whoever when you give them your CC number and they run it, the money is instantly(kinda) in their account, like cash. Once in the paypal account you can transfer the money to your bank or paypal will send you a check. Most of my sales on ebay are $100 or less so is someone going to risk jail time to defraud me of $100, probably not. Paypal (and pistolpal or whatever) are basically just another of billions of credit card transactions that happen every day. So no big deal. Can you get ripped off? I'm sure you can, just like with ANY transaction of any kind.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:48 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Good Morning guys, (8 am here in Florida as I write this). When I came up with my concept of PistolPay about 1 year ago, I too had used paypal and money orders for items I was buying from others online. I had even used paypal to pay and receive Funds for firearms I wanted or sold. Until I had sole a firearm on Guns america to someone else, in our paypal transaction, it was done as a gift and not a single word or hint of what the transaction was had been worded in our communications (except in private email). I was paid in full, and shipped the gun to the buyers FFL. within 24 hours , PayPal locked my account ,stating it was a suspicious deal and i could not take the funds out for 45 days ( it was suppose to be 180 , but they messed up) I had pleaded to them and even had a letter from the buyer that he was paying a loan back to me. they would not have any of it and they even told me they suspected it was a firearm transaction , now mind you i had a great ebay and pay pal rating, never had a complaint before. I was stuck waiting for my $1400 based on nothing more then them thinking I did wrong and they admitted it. This is not the first time I have heard of Paypal doing something along these lines, can you deal and never get caught ? I am sure you can as I thought i would not be caught but their system has things it looks for in the users transactions as trends in items sold and the amounts.

Look if you use our system , I will say I think you have made a move to a more secure system that is gun friendly and where your ID and CC info are protect beyond industry standards. is out 2.7% for each user High? i do not think so when I know our users are dealing in a very secure environment. We are a business and have invested close to 7 figures in development and procuring the means to protect our members . Our original business is credit card processing which allowed us to take what we already know about security and doing transaction and bring it to you.
I hope over time you try us out especially in our under development version 2.0 which will be greatly improved with many other features we do not currently have active. if you choose not to use us only wish good things for our fellow firearms enthusiasts.

Some one had asked when the money is released, it is either released in one of 3 ways , if the item is inspected by one of our premier FFL's upon pick up ( this network of FFL's is still building but we have a few already) the FFL can at that time verify the user is receiving the item they paid for and are happy and they can report so on our website, the next is the user gets the item and again does his part on the website within 48 hours of pick up and the 3rd being that if the buyer does not do his part within 48 hours of pick up WE release the funds to the seller . I hope this answers your question, if you want to contact me and discuss it more email me at customerservice @pistolpay.com

Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #27

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

That's right, Pistolpay.

I wouldn't use Paypal, nor would I use Google because of how anti gun they are. They are a disgrace to our nation and the constitution.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #28

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I think 2.7% per side is a bit much, but that's my personal opinion. The buyer ends up paying 6% over whatever they bought the gun for and that's not including shipping, insurance, etc.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

the fee's are reasonable compared to most credit cards on the market , BUT as we gain users then we can reduce the fee's .. the more users the cheaper the fee's .. We have full intention of lowering them as we grow.. And for say $15 fee on a $500-600 gun, isn't that worth your piece of mind that your not getting ripped off?

here is new thread exactly about what this discussion is about. http://www.1911addicts.com/showthread.php?6120-1911-scams

Old 08-31-2012, 12:59 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Guys , we are doing a give away on Face bOOk for a COLD STEEL RECON SCOUT, here is a link ..https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=273450516103970&set=a.2633080871182 13.59679.226767224105633&type=1

have a great holiday weekend..