Pistol Pay, new way to buy and sell firearms
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pistol Pay, new way to buy and sell firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 211 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default Pistol Pay, new way to buy and sell firearms

http://www.guns.com/buying-guns-online-10239.html#comments

Check it out. We have our own version of 'PayPal' .

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

We had our own version of PayPal some time ago. It was called Gunpal. The went under and took off with a million of our money.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #3

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Only problem is the charges:

Credit and Debit Card Transactions:
For transactions involving payments made using a buyer’s Credit Card or Debit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express based payments), Pistol Pay will charge the buyer 2.7% of the transaction value, and will charge the seller 2.7% of the transaction value, for a total transaction fee of 5.4%.

ACH Transactions:
For transactions involving payments made using an Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct debit transfer from the buyer’s checking or savings accounts, PISTOLPAY will charge the buyer 1.6% of the transaction value, and will charge the seller 1.6% of the transaction value, for a total transaction fee of 3.2%.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #4

Liked 1089 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoB
We had our own version of PayPal some time ago. It was called Gunpal. The went under and took off with a million of our money.
Didn't the owner get sued and then everyone learned he had poor business practices and the escrow money was not protected by corporate shielding?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 08-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #5

I'm not sure about that. All I know is I had like $300 in a Gunpal account. It was cool at first no problems, then just went bad real quick.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:23 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hi there Guys, I am the vice president and one of the founders of Pistolpay. I want to say i am a long time shooter as you are and this whole thing came about due to my losing my 3rd paypal account based on suspicion that's all..
We never hold your money in an account, the only time funds are used is when you actually do the transaction. As for the fee's we are taking more risk and have more security then say PP. Our company which has been in the credit card processing field for over 10 years and we deal with approximately $15 billion in customers money every year with our as single glitch shows we mean business when it comes to protecting our customers. The fee's mentioned are really 2.7 yo each user not any more .. unlike PP where many times you find someone posting the added fee's to cover their cost , this eliminates that need.
I hope you find our site useful and if you have questions please contact me at customerservice@pistolpay.com

Ira G
VP of PistolPay

Old 08-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPay View Post
Hi there Guys, I am the vice president and one of the founders of Pistolpay. I want to say i am a long time shooter as you are and this whole thing came about due to my losing my 3rd paypal account based on suspicion that's all..
We never hold your money in an account, the only time funds are used is when you actually do the transaction. As for the fee's we are taking more risk and have more security then say PP. Our company which has been in the credit card processing field for over 10 years and we deal with approximately $15 billion in customers money every year with our as single glitch shows we mean business when it comes to protecting our customers. The fee's mentioned are really 2.7 yo each user not any more .. unlike PP where many times you find someone posting the added fee's to cover their cost , this eliminates that need.
I hope you find our site useful and if you have questions please contact me at customerservice@pistolpay.com

Ira G
VP of PistolPay
Ira, thanks for the update but as a business owner if I decided to use pistol pay I would add the 3% to cover the cost. Can you please expand on your statement that is highlighted.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 08-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

that is your choice, as a business person, you will be able to direct the funds directly into your ach at a lower rate of 1.6% which would eliminate the need of increasing the fee's on your end. I hope that answered the question if not email please please..

Old 08-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #9

It did thanks for your response.

Member:

Old 08-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

all my pleasure sir.. I am glad to help.