Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Pistol Pay, new way to buy and sell firearms (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/pistol-pay-new-way-buy-sell-firearms-69770/)

okdonk 08-06-2012 08:03 PM

Pistol Pay, new way to buy and sell firearms

http://www.guns.com/buying-guns-online-10239.html#comments

Check it out. We have our own version of 'PayPal' ;).

BillyBoB 08-06-2012 08:18 PM

We had our own version of PayPal some time ago. It was called Gunpal. The went under and took off with a million of our money.

silverado113 08-06-2012 09:08 PM

Only problem is the charges:

Credit and Debit Card Transactions:
For transactions involving payments made using a buyer’s Credit Card or Debit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express based payments), Pistol Pay will charge the buyer 2.7% of the transaction value, and will charge the seller 2.7% of the transaction value, for a total transaction fee of 5.4%.

ACH Transactions:
For transactions involving payments made using an Automated Clearing House (ACH) direct debit transfer from the buyer’s checking or savings accounts, PISTOLPAY will charge the buyer 1.6% of the transaction value, and will charge the seller 1.6% of the transaction value, for a total transaction fee of 3.2%.

Yunus 08-06-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyBoB
We had our own version of PayPal some time ago. It was called Gunpal. The went under and took off with a million of our money.

Didn't the owner get sued and then everyone learned he had poor business practices and the escrow money was not protected by corporate shielding?

BillyBoB 08-06-2012 09:35 PM

I'm not sure about that. All I know is I had like $300 in a Gunpal account. It was cool at first no problems, then just went bad real quick.

PistolPay 08-07-2012 04:23 PM

Hi there Guys, I am the vice president and one of the founders of Pistolpay. I want to say i am a long time shooter as you are and this whole thing came about due to my losing my 3rd paypal account based on suspicion that's all..
We never hold your money in an account, the only time funds are used is when you actually do the transaction. As for the fee's we are taking more risk and have more security then say PP. Our company which has been in the credit card processing field for over 10 years and we deal with approximately $15 billion in customers money every year with our as single glitch shows we mean business when it comes to protecting our customers. The fee's mentioned are really 2.7 yo each user not any more .. unlike PP where many times you find someone posting the added fee's to cover their cost , this eliminates that need.
I hope you find our site useful and if you have questions please contact me at customerservice@pistolpay.com

Ira G
VP of PistolPay

silverado113 08-07-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PistolPay (Post 895788)
Hi there Guys, I am the vice president and one of the founders of Pistolpay. I want to say i am a long time shooter as you are and this whole thing came about due to my losing my 3rd paypal account based on suspicion that's all..
We never hold your money in an account, the only time funds are used is when you actually do the transaction. As for the fee's we are taking more risk and have more security then say PP. Our company which has been in the credit card processing field for over 10 years and we deal with approximately $15 billion in customers money every year with our as single glitch shows we mean business when it comes to protecting our customers. The fee's mentioned are really 2.7 yo each user not any more .. unlike PP where many times you find someone posting the added fee's to cover their cost , this eliminates that need.
I hope you find our site useful and if you have questions please contact me at customerservice@pistolpay.com

Ira G
VP of PistolPay

Ira, thanks for the update but as a business owner if I decided to use pistol pay I would add the 3% to cover the cost. Can you please expand on your statement that is highlighted.

PistolPay 08-07-2012 05:13 PM

that is your choice, as a business person, you will be able to direct the funds directly into your ach at a lower rate of 1.6% which would eliminate the need of increasing the fee's on your end. I hope that answered the question if not email please please..

silverado113 08-07-2012 05:16 PM

It did thanks for your response.

PistolPay 08-07-2012 06:48 PM

all my pleasure sir.. I am glad to help.